Changing Button Box USB Assignments

I have a couple button boxes and they will sometimes change how they are addressed in a game. When this happens, I must remap them in the game. Is there a way to set the USB windows assignment for a button box? Is the assignment determined by the order they are plugged into the computer?

They are asigned by first installed device basis, but USB Port is taken into account too.
Every USB Port change will reinstall device and put at the end of the installed device list.

Upvote 0
Some games are smarter than others, some dont care what or how many devices are connected, or their order, and then some care only about the order they show up.

Often this happens because you might run one game, then plug in a hotas for another and go back to the first game with the hotas still plugged in it confuses things.

Personally I just keep everything plugged in all the time even if it is pushed to the side, or remember that everytime you load a game you make sure that you only have the same controllers plugged in that you use with it. Sometimes you load it up and things are funky so you have to quit and remove the offending controller you left turned on.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years