Change steeringwheel T500RS

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an easy way to change the steering wheel on T500RS to lets say an deep dish OMP wheel, and maybe with a plate with some buttons?

I have tried to google before, but I don't think I got good enough answeres.

Looking forward to answeres :)

yes and no. only the adapter is not a big deal. just need to 3d-print it. a button plate means a lot of work, since you have to model it to fit your custom wheel and you will need an arduino to communicate with the base. I have done both and it's working perfectly fine. The good thing about the T500 are the static paddles. So in my opinion, a button plate is nice to have but not mandatory if you are on pc.

Upvote 0
I see, I see. Sounds like alot of work, atleast above my experince with modifying.

Maybe I should try to get my hands on a Sparco R383 wheel instead? Or wait and see if they make an deep dish suede wheel? :) The only reason I want to change the wheel is because I think it's a little too small for me, and I feel I got better grip on a suede skin wheel :)

Upvote 0
The price for the Sparco R383 is pretty good. I build a 330mm rally wheel (suede) a year ago and I think the total was about the same.
If you only want to have an adapter, I could print one for you. But without a button plate. And to be honest, a button plate on a dished wheel migth look weired...

Upvote 0
Deep dish steering wheels are usually for rally and for those who want to focus on driving rather than pushing buttons. You don't really need buttons on your wheel. Buy or build a button box and install it whereever it feels comfortable to you. The only button that is urgent enough to be on the wheel or very easy to reach is for wiper (a water splash on your windshield is very urgent). For that you can install one button on one of the braces of your wheel, or even using one of the round holes. You can use a coiled cable to be able to turn the wheel freely. Some rally cars even have a special paddle on the left, attached to the steering wheel, which is meant for the wiper function. The alternative I've chosen is to install a big pushbutton on a vertical mount, on the left side of the steering wheel and rotated so that it's very quick and easy to push. I have it wired to one of the free cables from my button box on the right. I prefer it this way because it will be static and not rotate with my steering wheel.

Upvote 0
For months I contemplated the idea to buy a GTE wheel add-on and modding it with this steering wheel:
MTFD350-3SBK-CBK_800px.jpg

https://www.motamec.com/motamec-pro...at-3-spoke-350mm-black-suede-black-spoke.html

Then the Sparco R383 wheel add-on was released and I had the opportunity to buy it with a 25% discount, so cheaper and ready to use. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing