Change of times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to ask RD Owners, Admins, Moderators or who ever gave that order.
Why you change the times at the Raceroom club races this year?
The raceroom club timing is the only one that fits my schedule. Thats why i become premium.
Last year we didnt change the timing, so with that in my mind i renew my premium membership.
Now with out asking no one you order to change that, so me and many others not at GMT or BST cant race so late. Race time for my time is 23:00............ its a 2 hour change for no reason!!!
Please give us the reason for that change.

I think these races is for the premium members, and if something is changed the premium members must have a say....

Last edited:
Whatever @Don Rudi I tried explaining why I asked Kenny to adjust his time but you aren't receptive to it.

I never said I expected 100s to join. But i do know we have 100s of people, mainly newcomers to the genre, sitting at the sideline being afraid to join online events or can't race because they are actually at work, traveling home, having diner with their family, putting the kids to bed when some of our events have already begun.

I'll leave it with this, you can hit a few more angry buttons if that makes you feel better and keep overlooking the solution given that also should suit you and others that start working at 6am.

Have a good weekend!
@Bram I am sorry if you feel offended. The angry button was aimed at the message, not the messenger. As we don't have buttons for dislike or disagree, it is the only option we have to express disapproval - nothing personal from my side. :unsure:

About the 100s sitting at the sideline. I was one of them till a few weeks ago and times had nothing to do with it. What had to do with it, was the level of performance. While the Club races are advertised as casual races for everyone (Joe average), the truth is they are not that. In fact they are hi class race events with hard fighting featuring top leaderboard drivers. I tried to drag about half a dozen friends into the club races, but except for one all rejected, for exactly this reason - the too high level of driving showcased in Club races.

My suggestion, instead of changing a schedule that worked fine and provided full grids, find a way to make Club racing really events for Joe average. Something like the Rookie events you host for AC, for instance using Audi TTs or the KTMs with default setups. I am confident that would bring new people in who are now sitting at the sideline and hesitate.

Last edited:
There are only 3 countries in Europe who don't change for summer time - Belarus, Georgia and Iceland.
There are a further 48 countries in Europe who observe summer time between the first Sunday in March and last Sunday in October.
I merely ask the question if prime time is 1900 Z/UTC/GMT in winter for EU servers then prime time must be 1800 Z/UTC/GMT in summer as 48 of the 51 countries listed(1) as being in Europe have moved the clocks forward.
I'm all for having an earlier race which finishes before 1900 Z/UTC/GMT, as that is the perfect time for me - finish by 2100 CEST and no moaning from the wife.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

@Bram I am sorry if you feel offended. The angry button was aimed at the message, not the messanger. As we don't have buttons for dislike or disagree, it is the only option we have to express disapproval - nothing personal from my side. :unsure:

About the 100s sitting at the sideline. I was one of them till a few weeks ago and times had nothing to do with it. What had to do with it, was the level of performance. While the Club races are advertised as casual races for everyone (Joe average), the truth is they are not that. In fact they are hi class race events with hard fighting featuring top leaderboard drivers. I tried to drag about half a dozen friends into the club races, but except for one all rejected, for exactly this reason - the too high level of driving showcased in Club races.

My suggestion, instead of changing a schedule that worked fine and provided full grids, find a way to make Club racing really events for Joe average. Something like the Rookie events you host for AC, for instance using Audi TTs or the KTMs with default setups. I am confident that would bring new people in who are now sitting at the sideline and hesitate.
Yes, I'm that one friend and like you said, far from casual races. Very tough competition but that doesn't mean I like it, I was just surprised how tough fights there are and how amazingly quick and consistant one has to be to even manage midfield. :confused:

I'm very dissapointed that once finally finding a community with great drivers and races, this timechange totally spoils it for me. :(
I certainly hope this timechange will serve a huge amount of (new) drivers instead.

Yes, I'm that one friend and like you said, far from casual races. Very tough competition but that doesn't mean I like it, I was just surprised how tough fights there are and how amazingly quick and consistant one has to be to even manage midfield. :confused:

I'm very dissapointed that once finally finding a community with great drivers and races, this timechange totally spoils it for me. :(
I certainly hope this timechange will serve a huge amount of (new) drivers instead.
As far as I can recall you haven't been in any of my rookie events so far as I have only hosted them in assetto corsa. Automobilista will be next followed by R3E.

Once that happens I hope you drop by so you can experience it first hand how you can become a better, faster and more consistent driver yourself when you get useful driving tips from more experienced racers.

Give me a chance to show it once the time is there.

Gentlemen @Lars Hansen (the brains in the team) has come up with a temporary solution. We will run an event before the prime-time one.
Same car and track, times of practice and qually adjusted to make sure we are finished by the time the main one begins. How does that sound.
I appreciate that solutions are being looked for, but won't two identical races on the same day drastically reduce the grid sizes for both? Some events only get 10-12 drivers already (before Summer time). I can't imagine many people being interested if that dropped to 6-7.

I appreciate that solutions are being looked for, but won't two identical races on the same day drastically reduce the grid sizes for both? Some events only get 10-12 drivers already (before Summer time). I can't imagine many people being interested if that dropped to 6-7.
It would drop to those 6-7 anyway due to drivers not being available anymore - so it is worth a try. At least better than to just shut out a number of drivers who are willing (and paying) to drive :)

I guess this only goes to show how subjective things can be. I'm a complete newb around here and to circuit racing in general. I've been silently lurking in the R3E club for weeks, frustrated by my attempts at public racing, picking up courage to actually enter a race here, thinking I'll be completely outclassed by anyone involved. I was genuinely surprised even someone like me with I'd say pretty average skill and little practice can be competitive enough to have a ton of fun, be it in the back or mid-pack. And even now, several weeks in, I'm still amazed by how friendly and welcoming the RD R3E club is.

And as for the time change, I'm hardly one to comment on that, given how new I am around here and also given that my daily schedule is completely bonkers anyway so I don't really mind the change (in fact it might be easier for me to attend races during the summer when you often get home fairly late, especially on Sundays), but to be honest, my very first thought when I saw the new time schedules still was "wow, race starting at 22.00 CEST? Isn't that kinda late for your average Joe?". I don't blame @Vangelis Parginos for being so vocal about it, given that for him the race starts at 23.00 local time. (Though I'd say you're kinda overreacting in some of your replies.)

I guess this only goes to show how subjective things can be. I'm a complete newb around here and to circuit racing in general. I've been silently lurking in the R3E club for weeks, frustrated by my attempts at public racing, picking up courage to actually enter a race here, thinking I'll be completely outclassed by anyone involved. I was genuinely surprised even someone like me with I'd say pretty average skill and little practice can be competitive enough to have a ton of fun, be it in the back or mid-pack. And even now, several weeks in, I'm still amazed by how friendly and welcoming the RD R3E club is.
For "average skills" you are pretty d**n quick :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I totally agree on the friendly and welcoming nature of RD R3E club races and drivers. I didn't really dare to step in, but I felt at home in an instant :inlove:
The more frustrated I was about the sudden change in time, basically excluding me from future races and kicking me out of my new found home. Being used to the friendly and cooperative nature of our R3E Club, how Rupe treated the matter, forbidding us to discuss the topic finally pulled the carpet under my feet. But thanks to the efforts of Kenny and Lars there is light at the horizon again :)

Possibly, but as others have stated we're likely to lose some of those people in the first place.
The double-race thingie is an attempt to a ) keep the prime-time slot at the same time as the rest of the clubs, and b ) avoid losing any of the regulars in the process.
The only thing we can do is try it, and see what happens.
If it ends up being two very small races, then we'll have to figure something else out, but let's cross that bridge when we get there.
And just for the record, 10-12 sign-ups on a week-day isn't too shabby at all.
We'd all like full grids for every race, but trying to balance racing, working, parenting and god knows what else isn't always feasible.

Oh, and.....
The fact that I'm being labelled as the brains of the outfit should give you all some indication as to just how much trouble we're in. :D

As far as I can recall you haven't been in any of my rookie events so far as I have only hosted them in assetto corsa.

I have and I love them. That said I also been feeling that they been starting to late and ofc ending later since summer saving times. Even though I sign up almost immiditely after a race I do sometime wonder if that was such a good idea.
I went to the forums just to ask if RD would change to BST and change back to GMT after summer, but I see now its not only me that feeling it getting quite the stretch even on friday evenings.
Just out of curiosity, GB hasn't changed to summertime?

The fact that I'm being labelled as the brains of the outfit should give you all some indication as to just how much trouble we're in
As the old senile one I'm suggesting we use this as temporary fix.
Can I also add that I'm planning some rookie events for Sunday lunchtimes starting the week after Easter Sunday.
By the way Christian and Daniel are the muscle;)

Just out of curiosity, GB hasn't changed to summertime?
Yes we have. We're GMT+1 now, so the "prime" slot is 20:00 for us during the Summer. Not too late, but it does cause a few problems for me personally as I often have other things I need to do in the late evening. On the flip side, it does allow some of us to take full advantage of the warmer weather and lighter evenings without having to miss races.

Anyway, I hope you guys can come up with something that at least pacifies most people. It would be a shame to lose the regulars as they're a massive part of what makes the R3E club so much fun. That includes you, @Vangelis Parginos. ;)

Should I mention track limits now?
;):devilish::devilish::devilish:;)

Haha, go on, I dare you! :D

Just a stop gap Ross, I hate the thought of losing guys from the club Vangelis has raced in this club for over a year others for less but they like you are part of our club. Maybe I am being silly or naive but I can't stop how I feel about things.

And thats the only reason i was angry all day, because i dont want to lose that feeling.
Maybe i was a little over reacting but in no way i wanted to insult some other racer. And that includes you @Ross Garland ;)
But really i was not expecting this. I was sure that i will have my fun time and great racing with all of you, and suddenly i realize that i will not race at all. And that was so sad for me.

Anyway, we will see how things will work.

Thanks again Kenny and Lars for all the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back