Change Degrees of Rotation in Game

Hi all

How to I change the degrees of rotation from the game options? I wanted to create two profiles for road and race cars but regardless of what value I set using the game options (Options -> Controls -> Steering -> Degrees of Rotation) it keeps the setting from my Logitech Profiler which is set to 900 degrees.

The steering wheel is the Logitech G27.

Cheers.

The game automatically sets the rotation for each car depending on what the car has in real-life, no need to manually change it between road cars and race cars. Calibrate your wheel to 900 and keep your Logitech Profiler at 900 at all times and let the game do the work.

If you want to trick the game to give more or less steering ratio, you can use less on the profiler than in game to have a higher ratio and the opposite to have a smaller ratio.
I might have switched around the result, but you get the idea

The game automatically sets the rotation for each car depending on what the car has in real-life, no need to manually change it between road cars and race cars. Calibrate your wheel to 900 and keep your Logitech Profiler at 900 at all times and let the game do the work.

While you are correct, I am assuming the OP wants to do this so he can have a proper soft lock, which AC sadly doesnt offer. (yes I know about the ini file, but that is janky as hell and is awful on logitech wheels)

Could be wrong with that assumption though, since there wouldnt really be any other reason to change your steering rotation, since as you say, AC takes care of that for you for every car.

The only thing I can think of... would be to have the 'allow game to make changes' option checked in the logitech profiler.

I've never used multiple in game profiles though, so I dont know if this would work, or what a proper solution would be.

While you are correct, I am assuming the OP wants to do this so he can have a proper soft lock, which AC sadly doesnt offer. (yes I know about the ini file, but that is janky as hell and is awful on logitech wheels)

Could be wrong with that assumption though, since there wouldnt really be any other reason to change your steering rotation, since as you say, AC takes care of that for you for every car.

The only thing I can think of... would be to have the 'allow game to make changes' option checked in the logitech profiler.

I've never used multiple in game profiles though, so I dont know if this would work, or what a proper solution would be.

Would that give you a proper soft lock? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong, never seen that mentioned before. But yes, the default soft-lock is unuseable IMO. In other games like R3E or AMS you manually change the DOR so whenever I see these questions in regards to AC I just presume it's someone used to those games and they don't realize they don't have to do that with AC, but perhaps there are other reasons as you suggested.

Would that give you a proper soft lock? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong, never seen that mentioned before. But yes, the default soft-lock is unuseable IMO. In other games like R3E or AMS you manually change the DOR so whenever I see these questions in regards to AC I just presume it's someone used to those games and they don't realize they don't have to do that with AC, but perhaps there are other reasons as you suggested.
That way you get the soft lock of your logitech driver. Not exactly the best but a bit better than the ac ini lock.
As I have the virtual wheel activated I can't be bothered to change profiler + ingame rotation for each car though..!

That way you get the soft lock of your logitech driver. Not exactly the best but a bit better than the ac ini lock.

Interesting, I've never heard of that method before. I've gotten so used to driving without soft lock that it's not an issue for me and not worth faffing with, and honestly if you're turning the wheel enough to hit the soft lock you're doing something wrong anyway. :geek:

Well, as Rasmus mentioned, going through the logitech profiler may be the only way to get softlock at your desired DoR. Im not sure if multiple in game profiles would work, but I have never tried that since I have no need to.

RR and AMS both have automatic DoR adjustment too on a per car basis just like AC has, so Im not sure what point you are making there? Really the only difference is that other games automatically adjust your DoR AND offer a functional soft lock, while AC only offers auto-DoR adjustment.

and honestly if you're turning the wheel enough to hit the soft lock you're doing something wrong anyway. :geek:

This is the argument people offer as to why softlock in AC doesnt matter, and even Stefano used to mention this on the AC forum.

Well, that statement is... less than correct. I suppose if all you drive is road cars at Nordschleife, then yes, it's correct. But AC is a game with many race cars, and circuits with hairpins. If you arent reaching full rotation with something like the LMP1's, F1's, or even GT3's in some instances, you are doing something wrong. Especially since we cant adjust steering lock in AC.

360 DoR is quite minimal, and if you arent hitting that regularly on tight corners... then idk what to tell anyone who still thinks you only hit the softlock if you have a bad driving style.

Content Manager can do proper soft lock since an update a few weeks ago

How does that work with content manager? The problem with softlock is the way the game is coded, which CM doesnt affect. Or did they hack in some other solution here? Fascinating if it truly provides a softlock that isnt just the .ini fix in the AC cfg folder.

RR and AMS both have automatic DoR adjustment too on a per car basis just like AC has, so Im not sure what point you are making there? Really the only difference is that other games automatically adjust your DoR AND offer a functional soft lock, while AC only offers auto-DoR adjustment.

In both R3E and AMS you can go into the car settings and adjust the steering lock, that's not really the same thing as DoR but I've seen a lot of people coming from those games looking for that option in AC and it's not there, and a lot of people seem to confuse DoR and steering lock too.

This is the argument people offer as to why softlock in AC doesnt matter, and even Stefano used to mention this on the AC forum.

Well, that statement is... less than correct. I suppose if all you drive is road cars at Nordschleife, then yes, it's correct. But AC is a game with many race cars, and circuits with hairpins. If you arent reaching full rotation with something like the LMP1's, F1's, or even GT3's in some instances, you are doing something wrong. Especially since we cant adjust steering lock in AC.

360 DoR is quite minimal, and if you arent hitting that regularly on tight corners... then idk what to tell anyone who still thinks you only hit the softlock if you have a bad driving style.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Regardless of car I rarely turn my wheel much more than 90º in either direction and in most race cars it's even less than that on all but the tightest of turns.

In both R3E and AMS you can go into the car settings and adjust the steering lock, that's not really the same thing as DoR but I've seen a lot of people coming from those games looking for that option in AC and it's not there, and a lot of people seem to confuse DoR and steering lock too.

Ahh, I see why I was confused there. You didnt seem to mention steering lock at all, and directly referenced soft lock right before the comment I quoted. :)

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Regardless of car I rarely turn my wheel much more than 90º in either direction and in most race cars it's even less than that on all but the tightest of turns.

I think this one is more of an objective thing than subjective though. With the cars I listed, if you take them to: Nurb GP, Barcelona, Hockenheim, or Vallelunga for instance, you are going to be hitting full lock. 90 degrees of rotation aint gonna cut it, especially for that super tight hairpin at the end of the lap at Vallelunga.

Yes, it's admittedly rare when you need full lock. But it does happen if you drive certain cars, so having a functional soft lock would be nice :)

Reviving this old thread looking for Fanatec CSL Elite help.
Fanatec recommends 1080.
I've been running the Fanatec profiler at 1080, content manager 1080 for over a year feels okay.
The question I have is in CM there is a soft lock option. Should I enable it, and what does it do?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back