Change default car shown in Menu (Showroom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a custom skin for a Force India and since it's my first paint job, there's a lot of testing going on to see what each section of the flat .dds file equates to the final 3d model used in the game. I know there was someone who posted some 3d models to help with that but I don't have Photoshop Extended (just the regular version), so no luck for me there.

The way I test it is that I start a quick race with Force india and then quit back to the main menu. Once there, I get the Force India in the 'showroom', so to speak. Normally, when you start the game you usually get either the Red Bull, the Ferrari or the McLaren here... Does anyone know a way of changing the car that shows up initially in the showroom? If I could change that to a Force India it would save me a lot of time.

Otherwise, if anyone has a better suggestion as to how I can test how my paint job is doing aside from what I explained above, please let me know :D

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a custom skin for a Force India and since it's my first paint job, there's a lot of testing going on to see what each section of the flat .dds file equates to the final 3d model used in the game. I know there was someone who posted some 3d models to help with that but I don't have Photoshop Extended (just the regular version), so no luck for me there.

The way I test it is that I start a quick race with Force india and then quit back to the main menu. Once there, I get the Force India in the 'showroom', so to speak. Normally, when you start the game you usually get either the Red Bull, the Ferrari or the McLaren here... Does anyone know a way of changing the car that shows up initially in the showroom? If I could change that to a Force India it would save me a lot of time.

Otherwise, if anyone has a better suggestion as to how I can test how my paint job is doing aside from what I explained above, please let me know :D

Thank you!

Get 3DSimed ( It's quite cheap).

Open the model up in there direct from game, and you can load your car skin onto it there, move the model around etc etc.

No need to take it into game at all until finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%