Tracks Chang International circuit [WIP]

I've been given CAD data by Tilke's company and apparently it was accurate to within 3mm (at least for the track surface)
Which data source did you took to create your track surface?
I assume the comparison is about a certain track in Germany near the Teutoburg Forest with no swampy or sandy soil. ;)

#GermanEngineering

I was sent two .CSV files, one for each track edge, and a set of plans. All the cambers came from the vectors around the edges and I just had to recreate the track surface to match.

And you are correct about the track ;) (which I have used about 10 times since I completed it :unsure:)

Updating, so you can see the progress:
Setting points where the fence would be (actually the track`s boundary, the one selected in inside of the track).
chang_1.jpg

In green, the boundaries located in exact positions (maybe here and there still needs some adjustments) - you really wouldn`t believe how much is everything out of level, even if is doesn`t seem so. Orange are gravel traps, in position vertically, horizontally not yet.
chang_2.jpg

chang_2_2.jpg

Hard work is paying off... "Interior" of the circuit almost done, what concerns meshes on the ground.
Blue colors are tarmac (road and run-off areas), orange are sand traps, green is grass, while purple are access roads (still missing connection on them to the run-off areas, come soon). Slowly track is getting some right shapes. And even all the elevations are set correctly, that was afraid the most (when doing two or more separate things, and on the end you come with them together and there is some unwanted difference in hight, but fortunately I got it all right, thx to my precise and slow progress on the beginning of the designing).
What do you think?

chang2_7.jpg

edit, ps: comparison to the real world:
chang2_7_real.jpg

Inner part of the circuit is basically complete what concerns meshes on the ground level. Some minor modifications on some of the meshes (tarmac run-off areas and curbs) need a bit of fixes, but that`s about it. Still no textures, I will work on them now to make all this work and ready to some testing.

chang2_8.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, working hard to get curbs, carpets and concrete surfacers done. I knew it will be the hardest job, but didn`t think that hard, at least because you have to modify all the surrounding surfaces to suit in between. But it`s all paying off now, I am 2/3 done, only the last section needs curbs and stuff around it.
Textures are only temporary, so I can differ from all of them.

Here is some of the progress:
Full circuit top view (in 3ds max):
chang_3_6.jpg

1st turn view:
chang_3_4.jpg

3rd turn view (uvw mapping missing for runoff, no worries):
chang_3_5.jpg

4th and 5th turn view:
chang_3_3.jpg

Is it any good?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?