Challengers Pack BOP

To say this pack has reminded me how good it is to be a sim racer right now would be an understatement.

It has exceeded my expectations, along with the pleasant suprise of just how close S397 has come to achieving near perfect BOP across all the cars.

I had posted this at their official forums, and was looking for more eyes to see it so we can see how the community is doing with the cars, specifically lap times.

Some interesting numbers here involving just how close they seem to have gotten the BOP.

I'm not the fastest driver but I am very consistent and have been using Sebring Johnson Club to test/tune.
After 10 laps each here are my best times with stock tune running soft tires.

Audi 1:03.625
BMW 1:03.843
McLaren 1:03.716
Porsche 1:03.995

Some highlights of the cars different personalities...

The BMW has MONSTER brakes, stock tune is loose and it shows as it moves around quite a bit.
It is the fastest in a straight line, but loses big time in the corners. It is the drag racer out of the pack, but I'm tempted to tune it just because of those brakes it stops like it's hitting a brick wall.

The McLaren is very light and nimble, quick and controllable through the corners, specifically corner entry.
It is light on top speed but it is a joy to drive and gave me so much confidence, it begs to be pushed. This is a consistency car that will be very competitive with the right tune.

The Porsche was the second best feeling out of the pack for me.
It's the most powerful on corner exit, it just hooks up and goes job done. In fact it's so quick through the first three gears I was missing apexes on tight switch backs. You have to massage it and use the power wisely. I could easily see this on the podium across many leagues and quick races.

I've saved the best for last as all my time going forward will focus on the Audi.
This is the best car simulation I've driven to date with 20 years of sim racing behind me, the Audi and I just clicked instantly as if I know what the car is going to do before it does.
I do a lot of endurance so consistency is what I look for not necessarily top lap times.

It is the best all-rounder in my opinion, we started at 1:03.625 in stock trim, after one hour of tuning I've turned five 1:01.500 laps in a row.
This car will win endurance races in the right hands.

My personal goal is to get under a minute, we'll see what happens.

So those are some quick thoughts, what's your favorite and why?

Share some lap times if you like to remind me how much I need to work on my race pace.

To say this pack has reminded me how good it is to be a sim racer right now would be an understatement.

It has exceeded my expectations, along with the pleasant suprise of just how close S397 has come to achieving near perfect BOP across all the cars.

I had posted this at their official forums, and was looking for more eyes to see it so we can see how the community is doing with the cars, specifically lap times.

Some interesting numbers here involving just how close they seem to have gotten the BOP.

I'm not the fastest driver but I am very consistent and have been using Sebring Johnson Club to test/tune.
After 10 laps each here are my best times with stock tune running soft tires.

Audi 1:03.625
BMW 1:03.843
McLaren 1:03.716
Porsche 1:03.995

Some highlights of the cars different personalities...

The BMW has MONSTER brakes, stock tune is loose and it shows as it moves around quite a bit.
It is the fastest in a straight line, but loses big time in the corners. It is the drag racer out of the pack, but I'm tempted to tune it just because of those brakes it stops like it's hitting a brick wall.

The McLaren is very light and nimble, quick and controllable through the corners, specifically corner entry.
It is light on top speed but it is a joy to drive and gave me so much confidence, it begs to be pushed. This is a consistency car that will be very competitive with the right tune.

The Porsche was the second best feeling out of the pack for me.
It's the most powerful on corner exit, it just hooks up and goes job done. In fact it's so quick through the first three gears I was missing apexes on tight switch backs. You have to massage it and use the power wisely. I could easily see this on the podium across many leagues and quick races.

I've saved the best for last as all my time going forward will focus on the Audi.
This is the best car simulation I've driven to date with 20 years of sim racing behind me, the Audi and I just clicked instantly as if I know what the car is going to do before it does.
I do a lot of endurance so consistency is what I look for not necessarily top lap times.

It is the best all-rounder in my opinion, we started at 1:03.625 in stock trim, after one hour of tuning I've turned five 1:01.500 laps in a row.
This car will win endurance races in the right hands.

My personal goal is to get under a minute, we'll see what happens.

So those are some quick thoughts, what's your favorite and why?

Share some lap times if you like to remind me how much I need to work on my race pace.
What settings did you use to get down to 1.01.500.. For the Audi

Could you include me in that pm? I'd really want to start to like the Audi, I feel the potential but I just don't like it. I'd love to try a "trustworthy" setup to see how it can behave when set up with patience and actually made someone faster :)

To the cars: apart from the Audi *click* I'm totally with you! Cars feel great, different characteristics, yet I'm almost identically quick with all of them!
To really know the BoP level we'd need a few aliens to test them all but I think for the average quick driver the BoP is awesome!

Last edited:
I tested the BOP and i'am very satisfied how close they run laps though i can't say the same for the AI BOP when using both the GT3 Power Pack and Challengers Pack together. Update: The Calloway AI crushes the field at Sebring and the Bentley & Mercedes AI are 3+ seconds slower.

Last edited:
Could you include me in that pm? I'd really want to start to like the Audi, I feel the potential but I just don't like it. I'd love to try a "trustworthy" setup to see how it can behave when set up with patience and actually made someone faster :)

To the cars: apart from the Audi *click* I'm totally with you! Cars feel great, different characteristics, yet I'm almost identically quick with all of them!
To really know the BoP level we'd need a few aliens to test them all but I think for the average quick driver the BoP is awesome!

same for me, can you send me your setup, if i dont'ask too much? :redface:

Yes I'm no pro tuner, the main goal was to eliminate the understeer and while there is still some it is much better.
I added camber, lowered pressure, raised the rear and a few other details.
I just test, test, test and go with what feels good looking for time gains.
I really wish we could access gearing, again feel free to let me know what could be improved.

Here is my sunday benchmark feedback, just bought the challenger pack and did <10 laps with each car in this order.

Hockenheim gp (no working track rules on the steam version, tried to be fair T1)
Old content, well i practiced a lot with these 3 cars.
1:38:780 mclaren
1:38:760 mercedes
1:38:669 callaway
----------------------------------------
1:38:656 aston
1:38:707 audi
1:38:905 porsche
1:38:795 bmw
1:38:717 mclaren720s

Setups: changed to 15liter fuel, soft tires, radiator to 100% (some cars overheat so 50%/75%)

Last edited:
Back after the break and tried the Aston again. Changed to lowest tire pressure all around (improves time in GTE cars), lowered FOV or i needed that break after 4 hours of grinding the track, there has to be a reason^^)
1:38.248 ... maybe another round of testing this week.

edit: monday <5 laps
aston -> new 1:37:878 -> new2.0 1:37:749 -> new3.0 1:37:688 -> new4.0 1:37:668
audi -> new 1:38.078
porsche -> new 1:39.101
bmw -> new 1:38.696
mclaren720s -> new 1:38.051

audi/mclaren very balanced and "easy" to drive. aston is a little monster, fast! bmw: longest braking distance out of this pack. porsche: different driving style, takes most skill to go fast, needs practice.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing