Challenger Pack - GT3 Aston Martin - a couple of questions

Hi,

Does the GT3 Aston have launch control? Reason I ask is that I am so slow off the line it's embarrassing! :D Or is there a technique to get it rolling quicker? (Am using auto clutch / paddle shift)

Also I notice that there is some texture pop in on the rear of car in front of me. Not always but it's noticeable when it happens. Is this a known issue with the GT3 class as I'm not seeing it elsewhere?

Many thanks!

I know what you're talking about. Whenever I launch off the grid I get what seems like a bog down, however I'm not slow compared to the cars around me. I believe launch control isn't allowed in GT3, therefore it must simply be the TC. You could for instance assign a button to override the TC at race start.

Autoclutch in rF2 simply stops the engine/ignition from shutting off. I once ran without it and my engine shut down during a pitstop. That was the end of the race for me...
It won't engage a gear slowly or anything. In AC that's the case btw!

So to go off the line quicker you need either a clutch (I'm using the mini joystick on my fanatec rim) and/or put the traction control either to 0 or overwrite it.
Best start is with a clutch pedal and no traction control!

auto clutch is a-bit more than just an anti stall. Provided you have enough rpm, you can exit your garage just by selecting 1st gear. I'm so used to Endurance racing that my first thought when you said your race ended in the pits...was... why not just restart?? Of course there are many series without starters. Shallow thinking on my part.

While at it, though OT, are the GT3 Challenger pack cars similar to the GT3 pack (ie. BoP), to run in same race? As I've been enjoying the McLaren and the GT3 pack, just checking if it would make a difference to still add the Challenger cars.

Last edited:
We use both packs together in the Friday night events here at RD. Works fine!
I'd say the pace difference between the drivers is bigger than the performance difference of the cars.
And the pace difference for each driver with the different cars due to not being able to really get everything out of the cars is also bigger than the BoP difference.

About the auto clutch it's correct that it's more than just anti-stall. I wanted to make it clear than using a manual clutch is clearly faster. Revving into the limiter, overwriting TC and then engaging first gear is an okayish procedure too, quite a bit slower though.
With active TC the manual clutch is way better. Without it the engine will just bog down.

In assetto corsa you can see the clutch bar kicking in even when you're on the grass to not let the wheels spin without progress of getting back to the tarmac. Sometimes resulting in crawling out from the gravel instead of drifting.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 167 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%