CG Problem

• Tiberius

Hi. That's the same issue that some other people are getting, look at the last couple of pages on the X-Type thread, it might help you but you'll probably still get hit with errors. What graphics card are you running?

The only thing I can think of is to try a newer graphics card, older cards seem to have this issue with having too much stuff passed around inside the cg (my old 7800 did).

Do you get the same error with the Lambo? you could try replacing the shaders on that with the normal dyn_standard_reflect ones, problem is that the more funky stuff you add to a shader, the more stuff it has to pass around and some older graphics cards just can't handle it :frown:

well, i`m running it on my laptop which has a 2.1Ghz Centrino, Gforce 9500gs and 2gb of ram. It`s sort of a gaming laptop which is able to run most new games so I don`t see why there would be a problem here. Plus, CG worked fine in the older versions of racer so I don`t know why it would do this now.

Cheers

EDIT:

And yes i can run the lambo.

• Tiberius

any other tips? i`m kinda stuck on this...

There's not really much I can suggest mate, I'm not really an expert either.

All I know is that some graphics cards have a limit on the amount of data they can send around while computing a shader, seems you're hitting that limit. I'm using a normal desktop computer with a PCI-e card, so any shaders I make work fine here, I'm not sure how high the limit would be on my card.

Can you post your Qlog?

Okay...this is what the Qlog says:

Fri Mar 12 12:36:33 (WARN): [racer/1324] DGPUShaderManager:MakeObject(data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg): can't create CG fragment shader program
Fri Mar 12 12:36:33 (WARN): [racer/1324] DGPUShaderManager: [data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg] CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
Fri Mar 12 12:36:33 (WARN): [racer/1324] data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(67) : error C1104: too many parameters in function call
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(87) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float3" to "float"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(90) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(92) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(92) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(97) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float3" to "float"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(100) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
Fri Mar 12 12:36:35 (FATAL): [racer/1324] DGPUShaderManager:MakeObject(data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg): can't create CG fragment shader program
CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(67) : error C1104: too many parameters in function call
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(87) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float3" to "float"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(90) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(97) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float3" to "float"
data/cars/fon2b1/cg/dyn_standard_bump_reflect_spec_f.cg(100) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"

• Tiberius

Yup, looks like you're running out of functions. I tried taking out the atmosphere for 206, didn't work for him though - that's the only way I can think of to take a number of functions out of a shader without seriously altering the look of it.

I was thinking, is that one of my shaders or one of Stereo's? Whippy had one of Stereo's older shaders installed and it made Racer crash with mine, down to the lighting shaders that Stereo's shaders used I think.

Yup, a clean install of 088 would be a good idea, if that doesn't work I really can't help you - all you can do is revert to simpler shaders, like the ones Racer comes with.

I was thinking, is that one of my shaders or one of Stereo's? Whippy had one of Stereo's older shaders installed and it made Racer crash with mine, down to the lighting shaders that Stereo's shaders used I think.

That's why I hesitate to publish full shaders, the more I post the more there is to break. Single lines like replacing Kr with (Kr>0?Kr:-Kr*texture.a) apply to every reflection shader to add useful effects (in this case, letting you set negative reflection values, which in turn uses the texture's alpha layer for reflectivity)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%