AC Celebrate the Britcar Silverstone Race with RD

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RD_Britcar.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This one off event will be taking place the day after the real Britcar 2 Hours of Silverstone and will be a half distance race with three classes, the Britcar staple Praga's recently made famous by Jimmy Broadbent, the difficult yet rewarding Porsche Cup cars and the easy to learn BMW 235i.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Format
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (1 hour)
  • 19:00 UTC | Qualification (20min)
  • 19:20 UTC | Race (1 hour with 1 Pit Stop)

Last edited:
Will we race GT3 at silverstone again? I'm somewhat eager to race there again and see how I do. I think it was my first race. I wonder if I've improved, and by how much.

No practice server?
I just use offline, temperature 26 deg 10:00 - 12 :00am road temperature should be 20 deg C.
If you arrive and it is different, just normally needs 1 psi added to the tyre pressures.
If it is too hot or cold for your selected compound, then use practice to set tyre pressures for the selected correct compound.

PS if you are in the Praga, just use a Gt3 car to race against, gives you a good reference level, set difficulty to 98%.

Last edited:
What a waste of time ....
Didnt realize DMG was 100% until my back just moved faster then my front and I hit the barrier.
50 mins in Pos1 in class for nothing. Really frustrating. The Dmg made the car not handle anymore so I had to resign... Guess that the reason in Clubraces we have lower dmg. Really suxx balls.

What is DMG Stephan, sorry about the hesitation on the overtake, we were both being cautious. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The bmw is quicker on the straight bits, I have just a narrow window of opportunity when the little go kart is much quicker.
Got it completely wrong. I think I confused us both.:O_o::unsure:
Good race, unfortunately everyone had offs, the Porsches were quicker, but prone to throwing themselves of the circuit. So I had little enjoyment in this race from them catching, and my faster front runner did a 360, probably left him with too much to do as he was then mixed up with the Porsches.
:)

What is DMG Stephan, sorry about the hesitation on the overtake, we were both being cautious. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The bmw is quicker on the straight bits, I have just a narrow window of opportunity when the little go kart is much quicker.
Got it completely wrong. I think I confused us both.:O_o::unsure:
Good race, unfortunately everyone had offs, the Porsches were quicker, but prone to throwing themselves of the circuit. So I had little enjoyment in this race from them catching, and my faster front runner did a 360, probably left him with too much to do as he was then mixed up with the Porsches.
:)
Damage ;)
All good, at that point my front basically didnt exist anymore, and I tried to give you space on the outside with a car that just didnt handle anymore.
Better to cautious then hitting each other I guess :D

Unlucky Stefan, you were way out in front of the BMWs! . @Shed 17 sorry about the last lap knock. I had sat mostly on your tail for 59mins and when I closed in last lap and then got the faster exit down into Copse with 6 or so turns to go I saw my only opportunity all night, went a bit all in and made a hash of the corner. Thankfully we were so far ahead of the rest of class it didn't matter. My bad :thumbsdown:

Unlucky Stefan, you were way out in front of the BMWs! . @Shed 17 sorry about the last lap knock. I had sat mostly on your tail for 59mins and when I closed in last lap and then got the faster exit down into Copse with 6 or so turns to go I saw my only opportunity all night, went a bit all in and made a hash of the corner. Thankfully we were so far ahead of the rest of class it didn't matter. My bad :thumbsdown:
No worries Tim, I was really struggling with lack of grip on very worn tyres from about 40 minutes and you were catching me fast in the closing laps. I lost the back end in the Luffield complex and you got a run into Copse. I had a look at the replay this morning and I would have probably made the same move if I had been in your position. I could see you coming in and tried to leave room but one of those racing incidents, no harm done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stefan checked out early on and we had a good race for what I expected to be the other podium places. But these cars can get loose very quickly and running wide and taking too much kerb is a risky business. I saw the gap to Stefan come down so I guessed he had had a ‘moment’ and was also struggling in the closing minutes.

I don’t know if it was because of the 100% damage setting but I also noticed that the track temperature dropped dramatically as the race went on and the wind speed increased too. So just like the real thing :confused: and I had to ease off especially in the Loop and Vale/Club corners to stop the rear end coming round.

It’s a pity there wasn’t more entries as I like these mixed class events, you can find someone to have a race with and the faster classes mix it up nicely. With more drivers a fourth class might be good, perhaps a FWD or BTCC car would add extra interest and could attract more people.

Thanks Gareth for setting it up and well done to Ernie on the overall win.

hese mixed class events, you can find someone to have a race with and the faster classes mix it up nicely. With more drivers a fourth class might
No worries, I really wanted to get this event going for a while as it's super interesting one, pitty I couldn't be there. I wanted to do more of them but the current RD staff tell me that the current GT3 events on Sunday are very popular so I had to just squeeze this one in!

I also love multi-class races and think our AC events should be a good opportunity to do things like this which we can't do in other sims. Maybe we will shift our Friday league into a multiclass thing since it hasn't been so popular as yet.

What a waste of time ....
Didnt realize DMG was 100% until my back just moved faster then my front and I hit the barrier.
50 mins in Pos1 in class for nothing. Really frustrating. The Dmg made the car not handle anymore so I had to resign... Guess that the reason in Clubraces we have lower dmg. Really suxx balls.
Imagine how it feels IRL? I could go with 100 DMG if everyone drove a little cleaner haha

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back