RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Aaargh eventful event!!!

Errm ,what can I remember?

Cut Eau Rouge and had to start from P17 in quali.

- Got nudged into the gravel by John at Rivage, not his fault really.
- Had to take to the grass to avoid a very slow Stefan B at La Source later that lap.
-Worked my way up to 8th by lap 6 due to various incidents, one being Vick's and someone elses big Eau Rouge crash.
-Marcel seemed to have a problem, kinda looked like a screen freeze or lag and dropped behind, Michael also slowed I think to lat Marcel past?
- Abdul and Michael had a big shunt at Eau Rouge and I was up to 3rd.
- Too much chatter! I went wide at Pouhon because of it all!
- I closed right in on Fernando and was looking forward to getting past him and chasing down Joao.
-However Fernando went wide at La Source and as I cut back inside him he rebounded off the exit wall straight into me, spinning us both :(. This was where the race went downhill. :(
- This dropped me to 3rd bhind Marcel. The aero was pretty bent and the gap to Marcel and Joao was pretty stationary.
- Marcel pitted lap 20, me lap 21. I wasn't gaining on Joao due to the damage and had a sneaking suspicion he was one-stopping as I was going to do, so I had to do something different. I came out well ahead of Marcel despite filling right up with fuel (intending to do a splash and dash later). I also didnt trust myslef on the worn tyres with my concentration and wrist soreness
- Was 12 seconds ahead of Marcel and gaining by around 3 seconds a lap on Joao (which wouldnt have been enough) when I got a stop and go penalty for cutting. All three offences were harsh but I had to take it.
- The stop and go cost me 39 seconds and I rejoined in 4th.
- Bad to worse a few laps later, a screen freeze and graphics glitch exiting Bus Stop and in the barrier, end of race!

Good luck all with the rest of your race.

was perrty much good set came from 3rd last spot and worked up quite fast as suddenly marcel was freezed for me and i could not avoid him sorry mate not sure if i was lagging or you

Sorry about that, MSN suddenly popped up (never had this before).

Disastrous ending for me.
Qualied 2nd, was very pleased with that.
Race: had some problems with msn popping up, real sorry if i caused any trouble. Was 10th after this and decided to just run my laps, managed to fight my way back to 2nd (with a little help from others).
1st pitstop went great, and was running strong in the second stint.
Then came the 2nd pitstop, went great. But when i was back on track my engine blew without any warning what so ever...
Grats to whoever won, hope to see you at the next enduro.
Thnx to Eric and RD for setting it up.

Was a very eventful for me as well.

Qualified mid field, in 8th or 10th i think.

Got a good start, and got in line to go through Eau Rouge. Then in the next chicane, I ran it wide and on to the grass. Rejoined in second to last.

Due to various incidents on the track I managed to get back up to 8th behind Herrmann.

Almost got taken out at the top of Eau Rouge in a big crash by two others. Missed him by inches.

My tires started letting go around lap 12 or so. Ran it wide a couple times and collected warning for cutting and eventually my streak of stop and go penalty's started. Got 6 stop and go's total. 3 for pit entry speed and 3 for cutting. Not sure how warranted some these were.

I was on a one stop and pitted on lap 28 or so. Took on 4 new tires and a full load of fuel.

Had a little crash causing front aero damage around lap 40 or so. Pitted and had it fixed, also took on a second set of new rubber for good measure.

Caught up to T Miller several times and thought about unlaping myself, but every time I got close enough I made another mistake setting me back a few seconds.

I finally crashed pretty hard with 2 laps to go. Thought about getting it fixed, but with Bob Luneski being over lap behind me, I decided to just coast to the finish.

I crossed the line in 7th with a flat tire and no front bumper.

Oh and man are my wrists sore!

Congrats to all that finished and also thanks to RD and Eric for putting this on. :)

Qual - I had never raced these things before so I was happy to come away with 9th.

Race 1 - Got a good jump off the start line and gained a couple of places up to 7th or 6th. I just plodded around the track after that trying not to make any mistakes and keep Terry behind me. He showed his appreciation by doing a little morse code on my car which allowed Philip (I think) to pass us both :rotfl:. Ended the race in 6th.

Race 2 - Started 3rd on the grid and got another good jump and was in the lead coming out of turn 1. I knew this wasn't going to last long. Richard quickly chased me down and vanished into the distance. Sebastian blazed past not long after. After that it was another case of just trying to keep it on the track and lose as fewer places as possible. I think I ended up 3rd or 4th (can't remember).

I havent enjoyed racing as much as tonights race. It was a cracker.

Firstly I would like to apologise to Michel Usal. Eau Rouge is a death trap I tell thee. Lost the car and hit the barrier on the right at the top of the corner, that sent me to the left where Michel was passing. Took my front/rear spoiler and rear bumper. He also had to return to the pits to get repair done to the car. Wish I could have crashed but avoided you. Sorry m8.

Now about the race. Eric we should definately have more endurance race.

I qualified 4th. Started the race and by Eau Rouge I was 7th. Then the incident above occured. By the time I was back to racing speed I was 15th. I stayed out until lap 40 where I changed tyres and added fuel to finish. Came out of the pits and was 4th behind Michel. That proved to be a wise decision as with less than 17 laps. I could smell a podium finish with fresh tyres. I was pushing so hard during this phase of the race. At one point I clocked a 2:13.4xx which was the fastest. Saw Michel pit which gave me 3rd. I was catching 2nd place Jason and eventually passed him when he went wide.

It was a long race. My right wrist is in pain. I was literally sweating.

Well done to everyone who participated.

Congrats to Joao

Link to the video of the crash.

http://blip.tv/file/2012644/

Abdul

There it went the longest on-line race I’ve done…

My old on-line personal record of 126 mins at the Nordschleife went by a reasonable margin, even with the “old” GTR2 against the AI; I never did driving stints over 120 mins.

Qualifying (1st)
Not that important in an endurance race, but is always nice to have clear racetrack in front when settling into a (endurance) race pace. It was imperative to “keep it on the island” and if possible get that 1st row; did a 2.12.7 wish was very near my pb so I guess the things couldn’t have started smother.

Race (1st)
With the Corvette (C6R), the “long distance runner” par excellence of race07 Evo GTP class, I had ½ race done at start :wink2:

Started as usual not too fast, doing high 15s low 16s while I settle into the race-pace. I was a bit astonished by how quick I gained some precious advantage to Fernando and his Gumpert. One reason that might explained it is that this was my 2nd RD race of the day (came from Sunday RDTCC event) so I was relaxed but above all well warmed-up.

The first part of the race developed, went into the low 15s but never into the 14s in this fist stint. Racing alone, trying to be smooth as much as possible so I could make the tires go the distance I required from them. Comes about lap 20 and I notice that most (if not all) should be going for 2 pit-stops, right there I knew it, unless I trashed this one myself, I should had it in the bag.

With my “package” the tires were capable of 14s in the first 10 laps (in the first stint never went into the 14s), 16s from 10-20 laps and after that until the pit-stop, about lap 30, I could do 17s/18s.

I did a reasonable job in the first stint, as neither of the left tires went below 56-60%, so I managed to keep doing high 17s, low 18s even when more than 60 mins with them went by.

Did the scheduled stop, and managed the all important return to the racetrack still in front of the 2nd at the time, Marcel vd Aa DB9. The distance wasn’t much, about 3 seconds. I didn’t know if he was going for “assimetrical” pit-stop strategy (20laps-pit-40laps) or he had one more to do unlike me. Being so, I decided to push it a little bit and went to low 14s just to show him I could do them so he doesn’t gain much “moral” by slowly gaining time :wink2:

About lap 40 everyone started to stop again, so my doubts about everyone’s pit strategy were clarified. After that I ended up with a big margin to the 2nd Usal’s Lamborghini as Marcel vd Aa and Ryan both had problems.

From there my biggest adversary was keeping the concentration. After lap 50 I came about lapping Pitts (Lamborghini) who was the 3rd at the time. He let me through and I forgot that I already had 20 laps in those tires, so did my biggest mistake of all race and went very deep in Pouhon, ended up doing a 10 second excursion in the kitty litter (I guess if one has to do it, better to do it there as there is room).
When I got back to the racetrack, Ahmed’s DB9 (4th at the time) was on top of me. For a few turns I kept myself in front of him, than finely it arrived in my brain… better latter than never I guess, I didn’t need to mess with these guys race, I just have to follow them I would be assured. Let him by, wise decision since he ended up doing the fastest lap of the race by then (2,13) and from then on, I could observe (from a safe distance :wink2:) what was going to be the entertaining fight for 2nd until very near the end.

60th lap came, a race package won (car, setup, strategy… luck :D) but above all 9 people "survived" the race, wish is about 50% of what started and my congratulations to them as without them for sure I would be one of the dumbest guys on earth on that moment :wink2:

Thanks RD, especially US RD “branch” for the organizing effort and the fine server. Thanks everyone that took part, this was a very “different” event, consolation for those who didn’t had luck on their side today, better luck next time, just don’t give up :wink2:

Exciting to the last.

Qualied in 7 I think, made a strong start to the race. I was 4th behind Michel Hunter on lap 8 and could'nt find the way to pass him and Abdul was right behind me. Nearly lost it at Les Combes wich opened the door for Abdul. What happened next you can watch on video. (Abdul, it's always a great pleasure to meet you on track, strong clean driving. No need to apologize for this one, you lost it and I was not able to avoid contact, my car was wrecked but not my pleasure nor my determination). On to the pit stop for repair.

Choosing the Murcielago, I knew the pit strategy was 2 stops as the car would only carry enough fuel for 20 laps, wich meant that in case of a problem I would be forced to make an extra pistop. On the other hand, I really enjoy driving this car. After repairing the car on lap 10, I was way back but I felt calm and from there to the last lap I made no mistake. On lap 30, I went to pit, exiting 7th if I'm correct. Kept on pushing lap after lap. Went to pit on lap 50. While refuelling I saw Abdul pass in 3rd, I was kind of happy he was still racing as I didn't know what happened to him after our shunt. May I say I was surprised as well, this guy must have had a very strong race. So I was 4th on the exit. Kept on pushing in case someone in front would make a mistake but that's where I finished.

Really great event. Bravo to 1st place and podium. Great behavior from lapped cars. Great fairplayed competition. Did I say the race was great, in case I forgot: this was GREAT!!!

...I'm gonna have to spend a little time learning about setups...

There is a fine pdf here at RD download are that might help, may I suggest you start there...

There was another C6R too in that race, ask ing for a setup is ok as there were only 2 on-line (unlike with other more popular GTP cars) and I didn't like them both btw (they were time attack-sprint setups)...

A "good" setup for me, it isn’t necessarily a "good" setup for you, but it helps you compare why the car does certain things or reacts in a certain way to your impute.

The reason I wait for people to ask for a setup (and don't “give out” setups) it's because I not only don’t want to sound obnoxious (“I’m good, here, take my fine setup”), but also I think people should ask for what they want (personal opinion).

Anyway, an endurance setup is different from a sprint setup for obvious reasons and in a way harder to balance since fuel, tire, engine wear scaling is “bugged” and always off in on-line sprint racing…

This race was with dry weather, now imagine with “random” weather, all the variables, cold, rain, hot… a real pain :rotfl:

But don’t give up, this is all "virtual" so not only no one comes out "hurt", but also when we start with an "high horse", if we fall, the fall is from high, like a champion... :D (at least it isn’t a midget one :wink2:)

... But when i was back on track my engine blew without any warning what so ever...

What I typed above about “wear” scaling being off applies here too… in a 2 hrs event there is no scaling needed, so the “time rpm max” (or whatever is called) variable can reach its allowed maximum (game car files).

Unlike sprinting (without scaling) where one can haply over-rev and “scream “the engine (be it in down-shift or up-shift), in an endurance race you are just playing with the odds, it’s a question of luck. When the maximum is reached (the rpm sort of accumulate in an rpm “bank”), at the slights rpm peak, the engine can blow.

For instances, on this race, I always shifted just before the “red line” and I kept the all important rev limiter (important for defensive reasons when downshifting fast or mistakenly dropping 2 gears in one go) in the standard position. I didn’t do what most people do 1st, up the rev limiter all the way up (even in Qualifying)…

All the cars in Race07 with a few exceptions (the C6R is one of them) are rev-outs… as more you rev, more they go.
Obviously this comes at a price, we need not to forget that overall, SimBin (unlike real live) tries to do all the cars in a given class in a balanced way. The "price" of a fast V12 that over-revs like mad and a car that has much down-force, is a sort of high fuel consumption, tires wear and perhaps more importantly, engine live.

Don’t get me wrong, the DB9 goes the distance, but if you keep over-reving, you just playing with the odds, this time you hadn’t luck, perhaps you might have it next, who knows… also even without upping the rev-limiter, the DB9 can be an endurance winner (even without counting with luck), the racetrack just needs to be a little bit tighter :wink2:

In real live, racers do a few ”attack” laps to open the gap (going over rev if we might say so), then when the gap is open, they “slow/balance” their pace and keep distance. As this is an US event, it’s like in Indy500 in the turbo age, we could put up the turbo pressure all the way up… for a few laps, not all race.

Guys, please remember that English isn’t my fist language, so this might sound as if I’m “lecturing”, but I’m not, I’m just trying to bluntly being clearly as I can… even to those who didn't had luck on their side today, we all gained the "all important" (simrace) experience :wink2:​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%