Tracks Cathedral Rock International Circuit 2020-04-27

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Cathedral Rock International Circuit - Version 1.0

View attachment 367022

Cathedral Rock is a natural sandstone butte on the Sedona skyline and one of the most-photographed sights in Arizona, so lets slap a race track at the base of it.
  • 40 grid slots
  • VAO Patch
  • Grass FX
  • Replay Cameras
  • Night Lighting
  • Adheres to none of the FIA safety standards!

Here's a video

As Usual - If you enjoy my stuff please consider buying me a beer, with a small donation to my...

Read more about this resource...

Purple rocks for me too. They are super bright in the daytime.

Track is really cool though.

Attached a screenshot of the Disco Stu rocks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-21-0-30.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-21-0-30.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
I use CSP 0.1.52 but no SOL. Time is about 10:25 on the server. I am using the correct geo tag. I have 'Use seasonal adjustments' turned on in CSP weather fx. Maybe that is doing something. I also tried with a disabled track config, but it didn't change anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ac_legends_ta_mustang_1965_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-22-10-45.jpg
    Screenshot_ac_legends_ta_mustang_1965_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-22-10-45.jpg
    662.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_ac_legends_ta_mustang_1965_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-22-11-20.jpg
    Screenshot_ac_legends_ta_mustang_1965_cathedral_rock_27-4-120-22-11-20.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 147
I use CSP 0.1.52 but no SOL. Time is about 10:25 on the server. I am using the correct geo tag. I have 'Use seasonal adjustments' turned on in CSP weather fx. Maybe that is doing something. I also tried with a disabled track config, but it didn't change anything.

I believe this could just be the texture to be honest. The terrain pulled from google earth wasnt perfect, a texture override / skin might be the only choice.

ye maybe it's just the texture. I just tried downgrading CSP to 0.1.46 and it made no difference. Also tried disabling/enabling all the settings in CSP that I could think off but no difference from that either. The surrounding rocks looks just like rocks to me though. When I look at your video the purple color is much less pronounced. Maybe it's the PP-filter? Which filter are you using?

I am getting a lot of material errors in the log.txt file. No idea if they mean anything or can be ignored?

ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader bridgestone
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_kandn.kn5
VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader balloon_top_kandn
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_tictac.kn5
VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader balloon_top_tictac
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_oakley.kn5
VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader oakley
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_bp.kn5
VERSION=5

and more of the same..

So for tracks that classified as "International Circuit", the lack of braking markers certainly worrying. The track has the nature of fast and undulating, making it a bit technically challenging to tackle. I had tried few runs here but without braking markers it's a bit difficult to judge the braking point on certain corners, especially for the first-timers on this track. You either going too slow or overshot the corner.

One example of the issue is the slightly blind 90 degree left hander on the first sector. This section could really use some beneficial braking markers on the side of the track :
Screenshot_crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance_cathedral_rock_28-4-120-15-2-35.png

Some of those uphill right hander sweepers on the final sector also a bit difficult to tackle without any reference points preceding them, so I kinda hope you'll add it in the next version....

AI line is working fine from the get go, thankfully. Though I find this bug as well :
Screenshot_crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance_cathedral_rock_28-4-120-15-1-2.png

It's on the exit of the aforementioned 90 degree left hander but I'm afraid other places with tire walls have the same issue as well, so maybe check those out....
Other than that I think generally the track is pretty well made, so good job on that one, sir. :thumbsup:
Screenshot_crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance_cathedral_rock_28-4-120-14-57-24.png

This is how it looks for me with default PPF and no re-shade. So it must be a SOL thing?
1588060342201.png

I am getting a lot of material errors in the log.txt file. No idea if they mean anything or can be ignored?

VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures

and more of the same..

This appears to be related to the hot air balloons. I'll see if @Mascot has any ideas.

VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader balloon_top_kandn
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_tictac.kn5
VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader balloon_top_tictac
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_oakley.kn5
VERSION=5
Loading 3 textures
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR boh for shader oakley
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/cathedral_rock/bal_bp.kn5
VERSION=5

and more of the same..
@Scarystuff, try disabling 'merge meshes' in CM/settings/custom shader patch/general patch settings, if you have it ticked.
I seem to remember someone having a similar issue with water shaders on a different track (Lausitzring?) and I think this resolved it.
Worth a try.

Hello again.
Found another problem by pure accident. I'll let this GIFs explains it to you first....

I think you can move the pit limit "line" a bit further back to prevent people starting on the right side to slow down when slightly crossing the pit exit line at the start. I think something like this should do as a base for your next fix for this issue.
Also to prevent further issue of cars just slamming into the guard rail head-on (in case you already fix the "pit lane issue" but the cars on the right side still taking the same line) maybe move the guard rail at the pit exit a bit further away from the tarmac....
Screenshot_rtm_mitsu_lancer_evo_fe_gt3_cathedral_rock_28-4-120-23-50-36.png

Last edited:
First of all thanks for sharing your work! I had a blast racing in Cathedral Rock, but when hot-lapping I started noticing a few problems that I hope get address one day.

1. Before turn 5 the blue asphalt runoff on the right side of the road has grass collision when driven on.
20200428230146_1.jpg

2. The rumble strip on turn 10 has no collision, it’s also grass when driven on it.
20200428230405_1.jpg

3. The rumble strip on the last turn (14) before the start/finish straight also has no collision and sometimes causes my lap to be invalidated.
20200428230535_1.jpg

Also here are a few minor suggestions that I believe would improve this circuit.

1. Adding countdown brake marker signs/cones before slow turns. I am not sure what to call these but it will be handy in turn 6 and turn 14.
2. Adding a extra rumble strip before and after turn 6 would benefit faster cars.

(Yellow) Rumble strip/Asphalt with grass collision
(Dark Blue) Suggest added Rumble strip
(Light Blue) Suggest added countdown brake markers

day7edited03.jpg

Again thanks for sharing us your work and I hope you continue to improved these fantastic circuits!

Also I’m currently recording a new AI fast lane for Cathedral Rock and Willow Springs and when it’s complete you’re welcome to use it in the next update. (Don’t expect Fabian F_B level of greatness though.)

Last edited:
First of all thanks for sharing your work! I had a blast racing in Cathedral Rock, but when hot-lapping I started noticing a few problems that I hope get address one day.

1. Before turn 5 the blue asphalt runoff on the right side of the road has grass collision when driven on.
2. The rumble strip on turn 10 has no collision, it’s also grass when driven on it.
3. The rumble strip on the last turn (14) before the start/finish straight also has no collision and sometimes causes my lap to be invalidated...

Hey thanks for your recommendations, it's always handy to have a lot of feedback, it's impossible to get everything right first try. Keep a lookout for an improved version coming soon :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back