RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi
I would very much like to participate in this ”cat” race also since the last one was really great fun (and I managed to survive the both races without crashing me or any other out) …. but sadly this one seems to be a premium race...... ?
How come since the last one was not ??

i just watched the replay , and see you are right indeed , was just couple of secs for many laps :)

also saw i did not quali 7th , but 8th .

and that the battle in the first couple of laps was with Paulo Ribeiro.

it was him i was hunting , and i sticked my nose in his back sometimes , srry if it was to rough mate .

Also passed David Lemon before the batlle with greg.

Wow that was fun the Cat's at Estoril where just amazing in the straight the poor FBMW's where eaten for speed literally.

Amazingly the car i expected to do worse with was the Cat and actually ended up being my best :)

Vara was the usual nightmare for me and i must apologise to Jim in his FBMW as i spent more time up his rear in this race along with hitting every barrier i could find.

Come the last race i was completely knackered and chose to quit as the eyes where drooping, i think this had a lot to do with being woken up at 5:45am due to a terrible bloody nightmare and i could not get back to sleep, and for the record i had already used all the beasts up and was left with the Audi A4 so i did not leave because of that but im getting to old i think as 11pm is getting late for me :rotfl:

Maybe we could have a 10min practice & quali or do superpole for quali to reduce time a little as i quit at the last race and that was already 3 hours from when we first started :)

Hi Grant,

its not a problem.. I think I made my little cars a little wider than they are normally..

Thanks for waiting and letting me by as well..

Not my best few races either.. I need to polish my skills..

Good event :)

The movie should be available in the evening (when the encoding will be finished). I think it's the better that i made, and maybe the last for the Friday enduro events, because i have to train now for the RDGTC :hug-right:

cool, i`ll have my popcorn and a couple of beers ready :wink2:

i really appreciate all your hard work to make these vids, shame it might be the last one. i wish i had the talent to make them :worship:

It was great!! Thanks for setting this up Cam!!! I love that track!!

Sorry for being in anyone's way... but I guess 3am isnt the best time for me to drive unless I had a little nap during the day. I was over 2seconds of my qualifiers times :(

Qualifying: Qualy went very well. 7th was my starting position, with a lap time of 1:28.9.

Race 1: Started very nicely. I was trying my best to get to the leaders, when I realised near the end of the first lap that I was still running my Qualifying fuel load. :doh: 4 laps' worth of fuel was definitely not going to get me to the end of that race. Near the end of lap 1, Mark and myself accidentally collided and I went into the wall. Poor Mark - I could see in my mirror that he was waiting for me, but my car didn't seem to want to get out of the sand. I ended up going back to the garage. Grats to Marty for the win. :good:

Race 2: Started last. I was climbing up gradually through the places, but I ended up hitting Marty (really sorry, Marty). After that, I hit Wally, and then, in the dying laps, David. Sorry to both of you. I waited for all of them, which meant I lost a lot of positions (but I don't mind). I finished 14th, so I left the event point-less.

Nevertheless, the event was really fun to take part in, and thank you to RD for organising it. :thumb:

Qualy*
Had a awsome fight with Marty for the Pole we swapped several places at the end i came on grid slot 2 i just could beat his 1.27.9
my time was a 1.28.2

Race1*
Had a not so bad start and could defend my 2nd place against Michael who tryed to get me outside turne 1 :) from then i was the first half of the race hard working to hund down Marty for a few laps i could stay on his tail but there was never a change to even brake beside him WD Marty :)
then my tyers started to go down and i had a realy hard time to defend 2nd place against Michael S. he was pushing realy hard behind me
and tryed left and right 90% of a lap i was only looking mirror where he is what he will do till last lap where he run wide into the gravel turne 2 i was sweating that much i had to change t-shirts for race 2 lol

Race2*
Start was the hell for me i just forgot to put in 1st gear o.O (now something to lough for you all) i did that now 2nd time 1st was at the Mini race... in Ledenon.......
back to race
dropped back to 11th behind Simon (damn that cupra is fast man) after the dubble right i got beside Simonbut i Gained that spot only cuz of cutting so i let him regain his position on the downhill part from then i was trying to get close up again to set a move but it was not that easy and i had to wait for an error to get past Simon
i was close to skip any attemp to get past Simon as he did a little error that let me get past him
now i was chasing Gunthar for good could quite fast close the gab betwine Gunthar and me but to get past him was a diffrent storry :)
as i came closer up to him he startet to lag not bad but a little bit i realy tryed hard to avoid Gunthar but i touched him several times under brakes sorry for that
after a few laps Gunthar runned wide and lost momentum so i could get past him too
now again on 2nd i was 8.5 secs behind Michael S. with death tyers from my run through the field i decided to just drive it home
this 2 2nd place finish gave me the overall win with 16 points infront of Michael with 16 pogints too

WD Marty and Michael for your Race wins, thanks for all who showed up and finished this race
and thanks to Cam and RD for setting this one up :)

Pre Practice (20 laps): Hated it.....:sidefrown:

Official Practice: saw some flow lying on the ground so quick pocketed it :sinister:

Qualifying: went good and got P6

Race 1: Cleanest start in weeks by everyone, there was a few taps, but these where from close racing and not stupid under braking and cutting the inside line etc... I did get off the line a bit slow but after some great racing, rolled over the line in 4th. My best RD race finish :rotfl:

Race 2: Another cleanish start by everyone that I could see ahead. Some taps here and there, but in racing styles not dumb-ass moves... Rolled around in 6th then slowly got in to 2nd (personal best race position) and had a great old time swapping sponsors with Hermmy :rotfl: but in the end I went wide on a couple of corners and had to easy and let Hermmy have his 2nd. Rolled more laps to the finish in 3rd. New PB result in a RD race. :good:

Final result got me in 3rd overall :rainbow::nz::woop:

Well done to Michael Herrmann, Michael Stead, & Marty Pierce

here a the results:

Race 1

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-29-13-01.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-29-22-70.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-29-26-57.jpg

Race 2

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-50-30-75.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-51-08-18.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-51-11-27.jpg

Overall Event Results

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-53-02-32.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1623-53-06-48.jpg

I was a bit surprised to qualify last tonight... normally I'm in the middle. Maybe in the middle of 25, last out of 16...

Race 1: started from the rear and managed to get to 8th by missing others' incidents, and there I stayed, earning me pole for race 2. I had to laugh... qualifying last to pole...

Race 2: Actually lead for lap 1! But in the triple I spun off into the sand (gracefully following Lewis doing the same - funny how that happens) and lost a heap of positions, going back to nearly last. Pfffttt... I was hoping for a better result than that for at least a few laps.
Half way through race 2 I had a good race between Eric K and Dietmar... good close racing until more than just paint got rubbed off my door.

Oceania Standings
Are you all aware that I collate points for the standings in these Oceania races here: http://forum.racedepartment.com/au-racedepartment-com/
You will see results for the last few Oceania races there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back