RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hey chaps ... sorry, I could only make one round - explained by PM to Andrew before it started.

Estoril in the F-Beemer ... yeah, what can I say, had a mad ol' week, so no practice time for this event, no setup, and no clue about how to drive the car at this track :D

Chucked my Vara setup in and qualified ... errmm somewhere on the grid, with a 1:49.
Got a quick start, but there was chaos in front of me in T1 so I slowed a bit more to find a line thru and avoid being caught up in it all ... David obviously didn't spot this and Z4'd me up the ass (what can you do ... it happens, just gave me a horibble flash back to last RDGNP nights' race and a similar incident) ...
Where I went to after that is anyone's idea - think Ben thought I had punted him from his reaction post race :p ... sorry dude, did all I could do to avoid this, I was an innocent "red ball" in a 3 or 4 ball cannon.

So ... nose cone gone, facing wrong way round, my race pretty much ended there - as I knew I was only in for one or max two events, I decide to pit, get the nose fixed and run round for the experience. Amusingly went over 1 second faster in the race than I did in quali ... so was happy with that at least :)

Got to Imola, knew I didn't know the track and was time for me to jump out anyway, so decided to make like steam and disappear (got another short dump as the track changed too, which is worrying!).

Again, apologies Andrew et al for not being able to stick around, I normally do, but just not possible tonight.

Andrew, as a suggestion, maybe reduce the number of rounds in future if ppl aren't sticking around - shame to do that tho, as i thought this one was a corking idea and was gutted to have missed the bulk of it.

well, people just play the system for their own ends, don't they?... there's little point in trying to organize any kind of innovative event.....

Just so you know, i left after Vara because 4 races in a row was a bit much, so i went and had a break. That said, i only had the Audi left to drive, which is just about the easiest of the lot, so if anything me dropping out cost me more :p

Had some good fun tonight, especially in the Caterham at Vara :)

So, what is a reasonable pace at this track with these cars? I have never run the radicals before, nor have I seen this track.

Also, I will try to post the pics tomorrow if I can. We are having to fumigate our house for termites, so this is turning into a crazy weekend. I was in Germany for a bit in the Saarland, and then in Stuttgart and Karlsruhe. I got some pictures in Stuttgart at the Porsche and Mercedes museums.

Thanks,

Chris

glmoscatsbk1.jpg
Gentlemen,we move the "Spirit of 67" across the Atlantic to another one of those lovely old style classic circuits that keeps us faithful to the GPL layout,the very challenging Mosport!

Servername: RaceDepartment 67
Password: HERE

Class: Caterham 320
Track: Mosport "77"
Weather: Dry

Practice: 19:30 GMT
Qualification: 20:30
Warmup: 21:00 x10 mins.
Race: 2x12 Laps
Track Downloads: [RaceDepartment]

GPL Caterham Skin Pack [HERE]

Entrylist:
  1. Gary Lennon
  2. Stuart Thomson
  3. Neil Gault
  4. Lee Downham
  5. Nigel Atkins
  6. Karl Westman
  7. SamJ Simpson
  8. Jacek Kozlowski
  9. Neil Tennant
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Bob Miley
  12. David Lemon
  13. Manuel Garcia
  14. Jamie Mac
  15. Mitja Bonca
  16. Patrick Duivelaar
  17. Péter Bártfai [skin]
  18. Victor Shaw
  19. Laurance Lemon
  20. Ries Notenboom [skin]
  21. Dave Gelink
  22. Steven Palmer
  23. Zoltan Kubassy
  24. Márcio Campos
  25. Kieran Mcgeachy
  26. Chris Vick
  27. Dominik Furmaniak
  28. Andrew Evans
  29. Michael Herrmann
  30. Andy Marsden
Reserves:
  1. Massimo DallaPellegrina
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

Wow that was fun the Cat's at Estoril where just amazing in the straight the poor FBMW's where eaten for speed literally.

Amazingly the car i expected to do worse with was the Cat and actually ended up being my best :)

Vara was the usual nightmare for me and i must apologise to Jim in his FBMW as i spent more time up his rear in this race along with hitting every barrier i could find.

Come the last race i was completely knackered and chose to quit as the eyes where drooping, i think this had a lot to do with being woken up at 5:45am due to a terrible bloody nightmare and i could not get back to sleep, and for the record i had already used all the beasts up and was left with the Audi A4 so i did not leave because of that but im getting to old i think as 11pm is getting late for me :rotfl:

Maybe we could have a 10min practice & quali or do superpole for quali to reduce time a little as i quit at the last race and that was already 3 hours from when we first started :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%