1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Caterham @ Thruxton - Mon 06Nov17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06-11-17
  1. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,439
    A pleasure as always, gentlemen. :)

R1 was bloody brilliant. Lots of small battles......Yes, we were fighting for the honour of P17, but hey, racing's racing. :D

R2 was a complete shambles. I was getting tired and losing my concentration, plus I made the classic mistake of loading a new set-up right before race-start, which always ends well.
    End result; Lots of over-heating tires, tons of understeer, and about as much fun as a swift kick to the crotch. :roflmao:
    Ah well, all in good fun.

Oh, and if by chance the designer of the Thruxton chicane is reading this......
    I will find you.
    I will hurt you.
    :D :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Two brilliant races. I really enjoyed both of them tremendously, it is a great combo. Sadly I ran out of talent on the second race going after @Sven-Arne Andersson in 13th place, getting a bit too close for comfort there for a moment, which made me overreact somewhat and lose a few positions I did not manage to gain back. But it is what it is :)

Thanks everyone, it really was great fun! :thumbsup:

My stream for anyone interested:

• Like Like x 4
  3. birle1

birle1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    very pretty races guys!! I don´t think i´m going to race every week, but i might think about it. lot of fun.

it has been my first race in automobilista, too. i practiced and with the help of theo it went so well.

and now, please forgive me. my english is not that good and i´m samed by all of you. :redface: i used to race in 15 or less persons races, and ussualy without teamspeak.

see you in two weeks.

• Like Like x 5
  4. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Horrible set of races, dunno what the hell was going on. I had people passing me in the straights like I was stopped.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    Take a look at the replay of race 2, somewhere along the straights.
    Your throttle pedal position indicator is at 80% maximum!
    Pedals need recalibration.
    I had a similar issue recently so it's one I look out for.
    Now be responsible with all that extra grunt!
    Cheers,
    Dan

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  6. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    I can't remember who... Paul maybe? Had a similar issue with the brake pedal as the lights were flickering

7. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    I just noticed this while testing with super v8's, im 6 seconds of pace and I not spinning out when I ease into the the brakes hard!

thanks