1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AU Caterham Superlite @ Interlagos 1976 GP - Sun 19Nov17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Jamie, Sep 25, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 19-11-17
  1. HDrury42

HDrury42
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Was sure I’d already signed up for this!
    Sign me in if there’s room please!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    Yeah I suck... Sign me out please, I will make an ams club race soon!

3. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Proudly Politically Incorrect. Premium

Ratings:
    +294
    Sorry guys, I'm out, just not my thing .

4. millen

millen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +157
    ah Nick. :(

5. PabloEK

PabloEK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. I'm in if you'll have me. I race with another league during the week so I know how to race cleanly :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tony

Tony
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +587
    :D
    Welcome, please note this is an Aussie time zone. See you soon, practice starts in 2 hours:D:D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    what do you mean please not

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +587
    shuddup and race with us gramps

9. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +378
    2 laps ????

• Like Like x 1
  10. PabloEK

PabloEK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    @Sam Smith see you tonight (as you lap me most likely) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    Look out my Apex Rear Wing is merging with Racedepartment. Great news! See you later on. I'll be on about 7 to learn the combo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eric Neo

Eric Neo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    I'm in :)

Little practice + a wonky brake pedal. If u see my brake light flashing randomly, please stay clear!! :laugh::laugh:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sean

Sean
    Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    yay! :D... but what language are you speaking in the first part?? :O_o:

14. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

Ratings:
    +294
    Actually only 1 I think, yeh I've never made a secret of hating these cars. if I don't enjoy the car, I'm not putting my body through sitting in the seat for two hours, I know some won't know the reason for me saying that, but two hours in the seat can end painfully. Not always, but a lot of time. I'm sorry but that out of my control.

I do feel quite strongly that Damage levels low is not how a true sim should be, the fast guys should be able to get round with zero damage, if not, it gives the slower driver a chance to catch up with pits etc. I'm not expecting change of course, it's just how I play offline, but it's no problem, I'll join as and when, it's not a priority to race for me,.

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,939
    please remember to use your real name when in our servers or on teampseak..
    its hard to ask you if your sat with your speaker off..:) so i post on here..

thanks Rupe and RD staff

16. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +378
    Thanks Rupe. Carlos did have his real name in game.:thumbsup:

17. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +587
    I hear you nick but completely disagree, the back guys have a much higher probability of making a mistake and crashing out, high damage just makes the gaps between drivers larger, this has been proven many times over. If you do not like the cars then that's completely cool and your perogative.

100% damage will result in half the field saying goodbye half way through the race, this is not enjoyable for anyone concerned.

18. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

Ratings:
    +294
    Thats ok, your entitled to disagree, all good, but it's also hypocritical to not use a game such as assetto or Codemasters, because of bad physics, when you insist on playing a game in an arcade style with damage that lasts forever. But we'll have to agree to disagree, I don't have time nor the will to argue about a game.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  19. millen

millen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +157
    Great race. Loved it. Had a great battle in the opening laps with Ian, Sam, Ash, Jeremy, was great stuff. So close and clean.

Then managed to sneak through and build a gap while they all kept battling, would have been great to see that.
    I noticed Sun had caught them with quite a bit of the race to go, and I was hoping they would hold him up long enough for me to hold onto 4th.
    Luckily they kind of did, although he broke free at the end and whittled away the gap over the next laps.
    I nearly lost it all coming up the hill, checking the gap back to Sun, and went straight on at the final slight curve, into the wall and bounced off it a couple of times... but was able to carry on with only slight bodywork damage. phew.
    Last few laps and my tyres where a bit crap, and I couldn't adjust to driving that loose and understeery, where as a Sun o viously could, or had saved his tyres. :D
    Caught me quickly on the last two laps, one more lap and he would have had 4th. :p

Great racing everyone. So enjoyable. Hopefully the next cars are just as fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    Great race everyone. It's sounded like a battle Royale up the front, and the midfield was also pretty hectic with lots of overtaking, and being overtaken, and all pretty clean early on.

Managed to keep consistent until the last couple of minutes, when trying to hold/keep on to 8th or 9th I got a bit sloppy and had a couple of touches (sorry guys) and a spin starting the last lap. Then had a coming together with Sean down at turn 4/5, possibly again due to being a bit too eager. Bit disappointed I was in the battle for 8th coming into the last lap and ended up down in 14th due to my silly mistakes.

Still have a lot to learn being only my second race, and I will have to learn from my mistakes, and try keep the consitency going over the eagerness, especially at the tail end of a race.

• Like Like x 4