rF2 Caterham Superlights @ Lime Rock Park - Fri 9th July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Enjoyable racing tonight again, on a track that was really nice to drive.
Race one: Was following Toni closely for a few laps and had Gary & Chris charging up behind me. Spun at the final turn and dropped behind stu. Managed to get back up to battle with chris for what was now 2nd place after Toni DNF'd, we battled for many, many laps before he spun at T1, and i did the same in avoidance! Tried to get back on terms with him but pushed too hard on the last lap and spun at T1 again, letting stu go past. Silly mistake!

Wanted to make up for a disappointing race one with a good clean race in race two; and i managed this. No spins or silly mistakes but unfortunately for me Toby had made an early break and was too far up the road for me to catch. Nice driving Toby. Had a great three-way battle with Gary & Chris for a while again- tight racing and no contact = muchos fun.

Cheers Stu!

Race 1: Learning which way the track went, and trying to avoid crashing into others really.

Race 2: 5 corners, 10th to 1st. You guys might want to use a clutch at starts btw, you were all stood still on both starts! Either that or turn auto clutch off. The gaps kept appearing though and I kept diving for them, it was really quite strange. Then I just pulled out a 7 second gap and held it around there for the rest of the race, I didn't really want to make a huge mistake and throw it away. Pretty happy though, looking good for the league if with no practice I can win a race. :)

The Caterhams were perfect for the track i thought,race one was the best one for me,early bravado move around the outside of the drunken muppet Talvitie,he could stick with me as usual though,until he went for another swig of beer and dropped away,wee mad McRossi closed in on me and looked set for a move until he went off at entering the final turn,i remember it well as i was very close to doing the same thing,from there on it was just having fun with the car and track.
Race 2 started off great with lovely close action,got to 3rd quite early and homing in on Ross and keen to pass,but ofcourse we know how difficult that can be,as Ross would get more under pressure from me he would get a bit "crossed up" at some turns leaving me no real option but to back off a bit,sadly this let the 4th place car back in the game and i ended up taking a bit of a punt around,this put Ross clear and safe now,my concentration levels are a bit off just now anyway but from then on my rythym was gone and my main focus was looking behind to see when and where the next "attack" would be coming...i was happy enough plodding along in 4th now safe in the knowledge i had race winning and front running pace after a few laps of preperation,heres hoping for contact free league races,ive noticed over the few races ive had in the various Cats at various tracks that the only way to keep in the hunt with these is to work together if one or two make a break,get too involved and defend etc.,and you lose the "win train" ;).
Well done all there making a nice grid with great racing overall.

Thanks Stu & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back