rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
League: RD Caterham Superlight Team Championship (RDCAT)
Season: 1 (2010/11)
Sim Required: rFactor
Mod Required: Caterham v1.75
Number of Drivers: 30 max.
Teams: Yes - max 3 drivers per team
Vehicle: Caterham Superlight

Calendar
T. 08/10/10 - Hermanos Rodriguez 88
1. 22/10/10 - Kyalami 70
2. 05/11/10 - Eastern Creek
3. 19/11/10 - Donington Park GP
4. 03/12/10 - Fuji 1993 (enduro)

Christmas & New Year Break

5. 14/01/11 - Rouen les Essarts 74
6. 28/01/11 - Estoril 88
7. 11/02/11 - Zandvoort 79
8. 25/02/11 - Monaco 79
9. 11/03/11 - Mid Ohio Chicaned
10. 25/03/11 - Rattlesnake Point (enduro)

Session Info / Format (times expressed here in UK local time, as DST changes during the season)

Test Event
Practice1: 20:00 UK - 60 mins
Qualifying: 21:00 UK - 15 mins (no lap limit)
Warmup1: 21:15 UK - 2 mins
Race1: 21:17 UK - 15 min
Practice2: 21:32 UK - 30 mins
Warmup2: 22:02 UK - 2 mins (Full reverse grid)
Race2: 22:17 UK - 15 min

Sprint Event
Practice: 20:00 UK - 40 mins
Qualifying: 20:40 UK - 15 mins
Warmup1: 20:55 UK - 5 mins
Race1: 21:00 UK - 30 min
Warmup2: 21:30 UK - 5 mins (Top 8 from Race 1 reversed grid)
Race2: 21:35 UK - 30 min

Enduro Event
Practice: 20:00 UK - 40 mins
Qualifying: 20:40 UK - 15 mins
Warmup: 20:55 UK - 5 mins
Race: 21:00 UK - 90 min

Additional RDCAT League driving regulations
After some recent incidents and clarification requests, I now need to implement the following regulations:

i) Bump Drafting
a) Bump drafting is NOT allowed during the Qualification session Or the race of any event. You may draft (ie slipstream as normal) off anyone, but no bump drafting during quali or the race.
Any driver seen doining it at any point will get kicked from the race and points will be lost .

ii) Accidents and Collisions
a) You are not required to wait after impacts and collisions - we will have a time penalty based punishment system in place to deal with incidents.
b) If you do decide to wait you must do so in a safe place otherwise you will be liable for a penalty.
c) Damage will be set at our normal 75% for league races, allowing for some damage, but not necessarily the very fragile cars we have at 100%.

Points Scoring
Points score down to 20th place (ie 2/3 the grid to encourage personal battles right through the pack)

Distribution for sprint events races (double for enduro events):

P01 - 25 pts
P02 - 22
P03 - 20
P04 - 18
P05 - 16
P06 - 15
P07 - 14
P08 - 13
P09 - 12
P10 - 11
P11 - 10
P12 - 9
P13 - 8
P14 - 7
P15 - 6
P16 - 5
P17 - 4
P18 - 3
P19 - 2
P20 - 1

1pt for fastest lap (not double on enduro event)
1pt for pole position (Race1 only in sprint events)

Teams
This is a team and an individual driver championship, although drivers are not required to form, nor belong to, a multi driver team to compete.

A drivers individual points will count towards the Drivers Championship, and the combined points of all drivers in the team will count to the Team Championship.

Drivers may not join, leave or change teams after 2 days before the first points scoring League event.

Each Team may have a maximum of 3 named drivers. Those named drivers are the only ones allowed to score points for that team.

Guest Privateer drivers will drive in their own team should they create and specify it, or "RD Drivers" if they wish to remain separate from the Team Championship.

Liveries
Each driver must use a unique skin and car number, teams should use similar skins (with small changes between drivers for recognition) with unique car numbers.

A one-off skinpack will be produced for the League.

The testing event is not classed as a League event.

Now open in the Sign up thread.

Caterham Superlight Team Championship - Sign Up (Now Open)

Name: driver name
Team: team name / Privateer
Number: vehicle number
Reserve/Guest: Yes/No

If you already have a formed team, a nominated team leader or member can sign up for all members of the team at once.

If you wish to form or join a team, please visit the Team Matchmaking thread first before signing up. Don't sign up saying you are/will be in a team, if it's just you at that time. Teams need a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 drivers at the time of sign up.

If you want to be considered for guest or reserve drives after the initial grid has been filled, but you would be willing to fill a grid slot in the case of drop outs, please sign up as "Team: Privateer" & "Reserve/Guest: Yes"

As I have stated regularly, people who have supported the Cats from the start until now will get priority, so just because you have signed up doesn't mean you will definitely get a slot. I will have the final say in who gets a slot and who doesn't.

Current Grid by Number:
Code:
[B]Driver     Num      Team[/B]
Davis      0        Tard Helmet Racing
Butcher    1        Tard Helmet Racing
Watkins    9        Tard Helmet Racing
Visser     10       The Black Rebels
Swiderski  11       The Black Rebels
DeGreef    12       The Black Rebels
Caple      13       Caple
Rawlinson  17       FlatOut Motorsports
Woodward   18       FlatOut Motorsports
Wright     19       FlatOut Motorsports
Reed       25       Ecurie Ocelot
[COLOR=navy]Ruskus     26       05M[/COLOR]
Lennon     31       BVM Silver
McGregor   32       Ecurie Ocelot
Laprevotte 33       Laprevotte
Ling       42       BVM Gold
Hutchins   48       BVM Silver
Vrba       49       Czechoslovakia SR
Gault      50       BVM Silver
Thomson    55       Ecurie Ocelot
Sneep      60       Nameless
Kapal      68       Czechoslovakia SR
Herrmann   69       BVM Gold
Talvitie   72       Nameless
Walker     74       Nameless
Notenboom  79       Czechoslovakia SR
Atkins     81       BVM Gold

Thanks.

It is only fair to mention that I will, however, be making sure that those drivers who have supported the Caterham events since their RD inception get first refusal at League slots, and do not get squeezed out from joining this league by people or teams who haven't shown any interest thus far.

Well...as you say, there is certainly precedent for those circs to arise, but I suspect that it won't be the case until I deploy the "lenno<classic1.4" hack patch :good:

Caterham Superlight Team Championship - Team Matchmaking thread

Please use this thread (if you want or need to, of course) to sort out your teams and drivers.

Remember - min 2 & max 3 drivers per team, no guests or reserves will be allowed during the season.

The two main thread types are "Driver Looking for Team" & "Team Looking for Drivers"

The sign ups will be opening soon so this thread will be an important parallel recruitment resource to that.

There some rules I've laid down in the Sign up thread meaning that this thread should be the first port of call to people looking to form teams for the Cat League.

The final track list will be published once I've finished the testing I'm doing - I just need to finish a couple of the others and make sure there are no nasty surprises hiding in the shadows.

Bear in mind the point I make in the Chat thread, as well.

It is only fair to mention that I will, however, be making sure that those drivers who have supported the Caterham events since their RD inception get first refusal at League slots, and do not get squeezed out from joining this league by people or teams who haven't shown any interest thus far.

The regular Caterham drivers have all expressed their interest without any caveats or reservations, and so they will all get first refusal.

Caterham Superlight Team Championship - Team Presentations (Now Open)

If you have a completed team, comprising name, driver lineup, livery, helmets etc, please post your presentation in here.

Then I wish all the drivers a lot of fun in what will be a good championship for sure :)

Edit: This wasn't meant in a critical way, I fully understand that the ones who have been the most active in caterham events get first choice.

Wow. Stu, you're a busy lad these days mate!

Good luck with this one too, if it's like your GT Legends league, it'll be more than a huge success!

I'll watch with interest, and can't wait for the videos that come during the season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.6%