Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
That picture was from a drift experience I participated in at the nurburgring.
Its like autocross around cones on a big paved flat in the paddock.
If I remember correctly those where also superlights. They had around 120HP (which was well enough to drift) weighing 500Kg. 75% LSD.
Super direct, just pure driving, super fun...

It's an experience I can truly recommend for everybody!!!
That sounds like a riot! Do tell, would it be accurate to say they are as tail happy under acceleration as they seem in the game (I know, you were drifting with 'em)? I'm having a hard time doing a consistent line as the car keeps changing direction when I get on the throttle. I like a little throttle steer. I'm just not crazy about running over signs (or corner workers):)

That sounds like a riot! Do tell, would it be accurate to say they are as tail happy under acceleration as they seem in the game (I know, you were drifting with 'em)? I'm having a hard time doing a consistent line as the car keeps changing direction when I get on the throttle. I like a little throttle steer. I'm just not crazy about running over signs (or corner workers):)

Well it's a bit hard to compare real to virtual because in virtual there is a lot missing like G-Forces etc.
But yes, they are tail happy.
But...
The ones I drove a had a LSD. So when you started driving a circle and got on the Throttle the car rather understeers than oversteer. You then had to give him a little clutch kick. And then it oversteered of course. The steering is super direct, so it's relatively easy to counteract.
In mid fast corners of course, the car oversteer under Throttle.
Best way to drift is using load change reactions. It's very agile...

I think in AMS2 the Caterham is really good.. I love it...

Thanks much! There is this long loopy left-hander early in the lap at Oulton Park where I can usually kind of set the slip angle by the throttle. But I need to get better at controlling those slip angles. And a lot more actually:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%