Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Thanks a lot for the video @Daniel R.

I agree that Race 1 was chaotic.
Apologies to @JussiS at the start as I can now see from the video that I locked my rear brakes and hit him. My car realigned and I didn't get any warnings so I just moved on with the race. I can also see from the video that @Daniel R. also punted @JussiS later on... poor guy :O_o:
I spun out twice on my own and dropped down to 13th. I also remember @zAmboni spinning in front of me and being impossible to avoid t-boning him.
Interestingly, I was also bumped buy someone else that went outside the track and I was the one getting the warning and having to yield the position.

Race 2 was much better. Great clean battles with @Ernie in the first laps, then with @JussiS and later with @Daniel R. that also spun on his own, but this time managed to avoid hitting him.

After a great first experience with the Stock Car at Curitiba, the Sprint Car @ Curvelo was a bit frustrating. Next time I'll practice more with racing conditions and try to remember to save the replays :geek:

Although I wasn't that involved in the chaos at the start of race one, I still found it very frustrating. Literally 30 seconds earlier on the grid I'd just warned everyone about cold tyres/brakes, that you can't win a race on lap one, and to be careful into the first corner. I really miss the days when TeamSpeak was mandatory for all drivers in RD events.

And that's the odd thing about the AMS 2 Club... why is it soooo quiet?! Even with ten+ people in voice chat there was barely a word said during practice, few greetings, few good lucks, few congrats to podiums. Are you all monks on a vow of silence or something? :p Coming from the R3E club I'm used to a lot more banter. I miss that social aspect of club racing, to be honest.

Anyway, as far as the racing went it was ok from my point of view. Had a couple of close battles in the first race, and once again it was my consistency rather than flat-out pace that saw me to 2nd place. That consistency momentarily deserted me in race two though, with a silly, un-forced mistake into T1 which saw me spin out. I managed to grab one place back but ended up 7th.

Roll on the Caterhams... so much fun to drive! :thumbsup:

Also, from next week there will be two AMS 2 Club events, Tuesday and Friday. :cool:

Both races seemed pretty clean from my perspective, certainly nothing malicious. I was also suffering from double downshifts which sent me into a spin in R1 and also made R2 fairly interesting as every couple of laps the car would appear sideways. Was all good fun though

I really miss the days when TeamSpeak was mandatory for all drivers in RD events.
I'm kind of glad it isn't tbh, far prefer racing without wearing a headset, especially at this time of year (yes it does get a bit warm up here in sunny Scotland, occasionally).
For now I'm quite happy to sacrifice the social aspect for comfort :)

As for the race, I reminded myself why I usually start from the back, R1 was pretty boring, on the bright side I had a clean race :laugh:

R2 was ok, pushed too hard at the start and had a couple of spins but didn't see any issues with driving standards, other than my own of course :)

All in all it was a good event but I didn't enjoy this car as much as I had anticipated for some reason.

I'm kind of glad it isn't tbh, far prefer racing without wearing a headset, especially at this time of year
I'm in VR so always have headgear. :p But having a mic was never mandatory anyway. It was only mandatory to join the TS channel, so that information and race briefings could be heard by everyone. I don't even know why we got rid of that rule, to be honest.

Thanks a lot for the video @Daniel R.

I agree that Race 1 was chaotic.
Apologies to @JussiS at the start as I can now see from the video that I locked my rear brakes and hit him.

Yes that was quite strange from my perspective as I didn't have time to do anything as you were sideways in front of me.

Oh yeah, apologies to @JussiS for the little bump. Was a bit late on brake also. Sorry, forgot to say sorry.

I think I had to be little bit careful because of the car in front of me so maybe I was going little bit slower than normally. Thanks for waiting me on the straight.

And that's the odd thing about the AMS 2 Club... why is it soooo quiet?! Even with ten+ people in voice chat there was barely a word said during practice, few greetings, few good lucks, few congrats to podiums. Are you all monks on a vow of silence or something? :p Coming from the R3E club I'm used to a lot more banter. I miss that social aspect of club racing, to be honest.

My excuse is that I'm from Finland, you can count me to only talk when necessary in the future races too :)

Is that you standing next to a Caterham? Not fair! Not fair at all I say!
I bet those things are a blast though!

That picture was from a drift experience I participated in at the nurburgring.
Its like autocross around cones on a big paved flat in the paddock.
If I remember correctly those where also superlights. They had around 120HP (which was well enough to drift) weighing 500Kg. 75% LSD.
Super direct, just pure driving, super fun...

It's an experience I can truly recommend for everybody!!!

@Goffik is the server already up?
I would like to do some laps (maybe with somebody else ;-)) this evening for practice...

Edit: don't worry I can set up my own..

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%