Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Ok, I'm going to be honest here. One thing I am beginning to find even more frustrating than people ignoring our Golden Rule is... people complaining about it being broken yet not using our Incident Reporting process to do something about it!

Seriously guys, what do you expect to happen if nobody reports these issues properly? Are those breaking the rule going to come clean on their own? No. Do they have any incentive to abide by the rule if they get away with it every time? No. Are RD's staff responsible for watching entire race replays in order to find rule breakers? No.

No report = No action taken = No improvement in race quality. It's that simple.

If you see someone breaking the Golden Rule, REPORT IT. If you really can't spare the time to do that, then don't bother complaining about it in the event thread.

Further complaints will be removed because they bring unnecessary negativity to our brand new club, which is only going to make it appear as if standards are crap. That's not fair because on the whole they are not.

@Didi Draxler
sorry for that bump that caused you to spin in race 2.
Not sure if you got bumped into my nose or if i tapped you on the rear and you came across my nose?

what happened on the back straight was unfortunate... you got the run on the inside of both of us and passed me. from my view, it looks like he came across and bumped you, then I pulled in behind.
Your car looks to jump forward then came across his nose.

@Didi Draxler
sorry for that bump that caused you to spin in race 2.
Not sure if you got bumped into my nose or if i tapped you on the rear and you came across my nose?

what happened on the back straight was unfortunate... you got the run on the inside of both of us and passed me. from my view, it looks like he came across and bumped you, then I pulled in behind.
Your car looks to jump forward then came across his nose.
I agree on this. Drax got of his line a bit and touched me, after that I lost control and we touched again which spun you out. I consider this a race incident, unfortunate nevertheless.

I do totally understand how annoying and frustrating it is being punted by someone who doesn't have the respect to wait as they should. But that's why we have incident reporting, to catch those who break our rules and punish them accordingly. Relying on our members to report things is the only way the system can ever work, and it's people being banned which acts as the incentive. If those things aren't happening then the tiny minority who race dirty will not improve their behaviour.

Information

Please read this additional information carefully before you join us, as it could save you some significant frustration! Make sure you read it for each event as it will be updated as time goes on.

1) The Golden Rule. If you disadvantage another driver, you must wait and allow them back past you, even if this means losing further positions. Failure to do so can and will result in an instant 30 day ban from all racing on RaceDepartment. No excuses, no appeals... if in doubt, wait. Simple.​
2) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race. Instead, click the Continue button. If you don't see the button, just wait.​
3) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race in which all drivers must confirm they are ready. You can change your fuel and setup during this time. The race will start when all drivers have confirmed, or when the timer reaches zero. If you do not confirm before the timer expires, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
4) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two. This is necessary because AMS 2 does not currently support a proper two race format.​
4) Do not use shadows as brake markers... the time (and therefore sun position) advances throughout each session!​

Discord
There have been reports from a number of people that they have been unable to join the voice channels on the RaceDepartment Discord server. Only Premium members can access these channels. If you are already Premium and are still having problems, please try the following:

1) Check that your RD forum account is associated with your Discord account. To do so, click here.​
2) If your accounts are already associated, try disassociating them, and then associating them again.​
3) Make sure you are using the Discord account that is associated with your RD forum account!​
If you try all the above and are still having issues, please click here to contact Bram via PM. He'll be able to look further into the problem, as I'm simply not involved with RD's Discord implementation myself.

Last edited:
Information

Please read this additional information carefully before you join us, as it could save you some significant frustration! Make sure you read it for each event as it will be updated as time goes on.

1) The Golden Rule. If you disadvantage another driver, you must wait and allow them back past you, even if this means losing further positions. Failure to do so can and will result in an instant 30 day ban from all racing on RaceDepartment. No excuses, no appeals... if in doubt, wait. Simple.​
2) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race. Instead, click the Continue button. If you don't see the button, just wait.​
3) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race in which all drivers must confirm they are ready. You can change your fuel and setup during this time. The race will start when all drivers have confirmed, or when the timer reaches zero. If you do not confirm before the timer expires, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
4) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two. This is necessary because AMS 2 does not currently support a proper two race format.​
4) Do not use shadows as brake markers... the time (and therefore sun position) advances throughout each session!​

Discord
There have been reports from a number of people that they have been unable to join the voice channels on the RaceDepartment Discord server. Only Premium members can access these channels. If you are already Premium and are still having problems, please try the following:

1) Check that your RD forum account is associated with your Discord account. To do so, click here.​
2) If your accounts are already associated, try disassociating them, and then associating them again.​
3) Make sure you are using the Discord account that is associated with your RD forum account!​
If you try all the above and are still having issues, please click here to contact Bram via PM. He'll be able to look further into the problem, as I'm simply not involved with RD's Discord implementation myself.

Last edited:
Information

1) The Golden Rule. If you disadvantage another driver, you must wait and allow them back past you, even if this means losing further positions. Failure to do so will result in an instant 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment. If in doubt, just wait!​
2) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race.​
3) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race in which you can change your fuel and setup. The race will start when all drivers have confirmed they are ready, or when the timer ends. If you do not confirm before the timer reaches zero, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
4) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two. This is because AMS 2 does not currently support a proper two race format.​

Discord

Again apologies at the start of R1. After looking at the replay, I thought I had a double shift, but nope, hit the brakes and the car just went right, straight into the wall. It looks like the same exact thing happened to someone else up front. Guessing it was cold brakes.

After that, I tried to get back into things, but kinda realized that the back end wants to wash out when following someone into a corner. Twice I lost the back end going into the triple right hander 3/4 the way through the lap.

I tried to have fair challenges, sticking my nose in a bit, if I felt like it was an unfair challenge, I let up and let the guy have his spot back. One thing I noticed with AMS2 and this car is that there is some serious lack of situational awareness, because you dont have triple virtual mirrors, unless you are looking left/right all the time, it is only when someone has a half overlap until you can see them in your peripheral vision. I R1 I was concentrated with the battle in front when I went for a left hander and it was like "who is that!, where did he come from", then i realized it was @CrazyDavePT and then realized he was way faster then I was. I craftily went wide round a corner to let him through easy, then lost it 5 seconds later.....whee!!!!

Later in the race I did lose it on T1 because my car double shifted from 4th to 2nd. I spent way too much time messing around in the controls to get the double shift setting right and still didn't get it right. Something to note. The setting will not take if you use the slider to change it,...you need to use the arrows to set it and it will take. For the superpole I changed it to 75, but that 75 must be in 10ths of seconds, not 100ths, because downshifts were not registering. I tried to fix it before the race, but ended up confused and hit the start button instead of setup button and started the race with 5L of petrol. DOH! After a bump off that caused me to spin, I just retired in R2, but enjoyed watching you guys racing while in the pits.

Hi guys!

Yes, first annoyance is over.
First run one black car came beside right side and crashed into ALL.
Looked like a divebombe.
Just my point of view....maybe really go defensive, even when you think that there
is a place to come through.
I am driving with VR glasses. So it is more easy to check left and right and find
places to pass.

Second run.... everything is said.
I dont know why we crashed on front straight. I saw i was about one meter away.
Suddenly car flipped and i rotated and straight into wall.

This time everything is done.
Next time i watch the replay verry carefully

See you on tracks
Didi

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%