Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

How the hell were people so fast through that last chicane (well, apart from those that were cutting it)? I had to brake there to even manage to squeeze the car through it, but most people if not all I saw were not even touching their brakes and somehow *still* got through there without any real problems it seemed.

How the hell were people so fast through that last chicane (well, apart from those that were cutting it)? I had to brake there to even manage to squeeze the car through it, but most people if not all I saw were not even touching their brakes and somehow *still* got through there without any real problems it seemed.

Mostly a matter of finding out what was considered a "cut" and what wasn't.
The curbing on the right, couldn't really get a cut warning there, unless you just sort of straight lined the whole deal. Final bit of curbing, just couldn't go all 4 wheels over, but it was lenient. I was slowing there until I saw how to approach it and be able to go 4th gear with pedal down, following others through it.

Also did a quick botch job on the damper/rebound settings. Was a bit easier after that.

There's nothing to figure out there IMO, that's what the white lines are for...:unsure:

*Shrugs.

In AMS, the track cut system is used. If you don't "gain advantage", it does not penalize.
Considering it's rather strict, and considering I served a drive thru in race 2 for exceeding cut warnings limit (none of them in that final chicane, mind you) I'd say it's plenty.

If every other car ahead of me is using that line (and using it without being penalized), that is the line.
....just the way it is. :)

ETA: I don't even think there was clearly defined track edges in that chicane...but I didn't really look.
You could see the rubbered in line quite far up on the curbing there. As there is no dynamic rubbering in in AMS, that "heavy rubber" is on a predefined "line"....thus, I have to believe the intention is to use as much curbing as one can "get away with" there.

If every other car ahead of me is using that line (and using it without being penalized), that is the line.
....just the way it is. :)
I absolutely didn't want to get into this discussion (and still don't), so I'll just say...that's not "the way it is" according to RD rules we should all be following.

Anyway, like I said, even people who clearly were following the rules were much faster there, which is what I find kinda odd. I mean I'm slow, but still. It would seem obvious I was doing something wrong without even realizing.

I absolutely didn't want to get into this discussion (and still don't), so I'll just say...that's not "the way it is" according to RD rules we should all be following.

Anyway, like I said, even people who clearly were following the rules were much faster there, which is what I find kinda odd. I mean I'm slow, but still. It would seem obvious I was doing something wrong without even realizing.

I admin elsewhere and our rules line up with RD rules. I'm very clear on them, thank you :)
I don't intend to have that conversation either. I was giving you a partial explanation of why you were possibly slower there.

Like I said, I was "clearly following the rules" as well. I was not cutting the final chicane. I never received warning there, save one, and it was to avoid a car and I tucked in behind him down the straight and followed him into and through the next corner, so gained nothing anyways.
Actually, I found full on "cutting" of that chicane (staying too far to the right through the middle of it, in this instance) slower than "clearly following the rules". It's a tall curb. Usually resulted in bouncing across it, thus actually losing time and momentum for the S/F straight.

Were you driving through that chicane in 3rd or 4th gear?
If 3rd, there is your answer.
If 4th, perhaps just your approach, or potential unwillingness to commit to throttle and drive through it..?. These cars sometimes turn a lot better on throttle, if you nail the approach, than they do otherwise. Coasting is not so good, the car has a tendency to understeer heavily if that is done, and especially if coupled with bad/incorrect corner approach/entrance.

OK. Sorry. Thanks for the tips.

That was actually a question, not "advise". lol
Anyways, moving on :whistling:

I enjoyed my races. Saw nothing out of the way from others.
Saw a few dives into corners, but to be expected on a track like this I guess.
As a single screen user with low FOV, I sympathize, and imagine most of those that end up turning in on others do so unintentionally, not because they want to own the track.

I tried to give a wide berth, and I usually avoid side by side in the corners because of that (especially while club racing). So hope I managed that.
Was a bit of afternoon (for me) fun on a dreary day...all's well that ends well.

After a while away from AMS it was amazing to feel this game gives such raw pleasure! The Caterham never disappoints :)

Pity I haven't figured out how toget VR to work properly with game so I suffered a bit from the small single screen syndrome that @Jakal31 mentioned; sorry to anyone whom I might not have given enough space on crowded corners. :notworthy:

@Martin Fiala Regarding track limits in general (and more specifically the last chicane), I used to think like you, yearning for fairness that would never exist because I cannot make everyone drive the way I deem fair.
So after having been frustrated about it, I finally started driving closer to the real limits of the track (and sometimes beyond lol), and of course the times improve. Ultimately, to be fast, it's an approach to have. And don't worry: as I found out, others are still driving faster and better anyway :roflmao: so there are always improvements to explore in all areas. In my opinion (simply my opinion), the sooner you accept it, the sooner you will be enjoying more :)

Thanks for the evening guys, always a pleasure :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I am not promoting obscene cutting or anything like that. :)

This is just my point of view, which has changed over the times, as I am sure people's points of view are constantly changing with life experience ;)

EDIT: Check this link out:

https://virtualracingschool.com/aca...proach/i-will-never-be-as-fast-as-those-guys/

The whole career guide is a good read, but this article in particular touches a bit on what we were discussing :)

Last edited:
GX390RR.jpg

Welcome to the Automobilista racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU MON
Cars: GX390 Race
Track: Ortona Kart 4

Monday 21/01/19
Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Warmup: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:55 UTC (10 minutes)
Race 2: 21:05 UTC (10 minutes)
Race 3: 21:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Entry List

1. Matt Le Gallez
  2. Steve Le Gallez
  3. Paul Le Gallez
  4. avenger82
  5. Enzo Fazzi
  6. kamackeris
  7. Alex_hill480
  8. Paul Le Messurier
  9. Daniel Monteiro
  10. Ricoow
  11. Warren Schembri
  12. Ian Le Messurier
  13. Martin Fiala
  14. Stefan Hiller
  15. TobiasR
  16. Sven-Arne Andersson
  17. praxtonio
  18. Ingemar Petersson
  19. Jakal31
  20. Free Slot
  21. Free Slot
  22. Free Slot
  23. Free Slot
Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP#34 MLG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.