Caterham Seven 165 | 2013

Cars Caterham Seven 165 | 2013 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The problem with the sound is that you need much more windnoise and it must be a convertible to get that
that was my question here
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-dumb-questions-thread.129295/page-17#post-2566699
but no luck
some cars could work, just the interior sound is too muffled for an open wheeler
There is no wind noise on assetto, or is it?
there is a wind component, it's accessible when using fmod. Which you can't modify in existing sound banks

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham Seven 165 | 2013 with a new update entry:

LHD/RHD + physics update

first of all thanks to @aphidgod for reviewing and helping with some physics.
We spent the evening with @JoaquimSenna to check real-life data, time and specs of the car to match lap time, 0-100, 400m etc.
Physics wise:
  • turbo gamma adjusted
  • final & gear ratio adjusted, the 5th gear now comes to use
  • tyre wear updated (thanks Aphidgod)
  • suspensions updated (thanks Aphidgod)
  • AI updated (thanks Aphidgod)
  • petrol consumption updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Was going to comment on the physics but I've just noticed the update so I'll try it again.
Car looks perfect, so I guess physics are on the same scale now :D

One thing I've noticed (might be fixed now) is that the right side front brake line is not skinned:

Screenshot_bo_caterham_165_lhd_okayama_6-9-117-13-6-28.jpg

Was going to comment on the physics but I've just noticed the update so I'll try it again.
Car looks perfect, so I guess physics are on the same scale now :D

One thing I've noticed (might be fixed now) is that the right side front brake line is not skinned:

View attachment 210563
ah what happened there, i'll check tonight
thanks for feedback, someone else mentioned the brake line, i couldn't find the mistake

ah what happened there, i'll check tonight
thanks for feedback, someone else mentioned the brake line, i couldn't find the mistake
Jason sure did one hell of a job with the physics, is a completely different car now. It's slow but handles as expected, just a little oversteer and easy to control drifting.

Apart from the brake line bug found this too (driver arm through body panel)

Screenshot_bo_caterham_165_lhd_okayama_6-9-117-19-34-48.jpg

(I know, how annoying are those last minute fixes?, tell me about it! lol)

Don't give me too much credit, I just did the axle geometry and wheel rates, and I guess adjusted damping accordingly. Credit for the rest of the car goes elsewhere. :)

(All I did to the tire files was rename them to match Kunos nomenclature. I didn't change the AI but I did update the file to version 4, which means it now uses the improved downshift algorithm.)

Last edited:
Don't give me too much credit, I just did the axle geometry and wheel rates, and I guess adjusted damping accordingly. Credit for the rest of the car goes elsewhere. :)

(All I did to the tire files was rename them to match Kunos nomenclature. I didn't change the AI but I did update the file to version 4, which means it now uses the improved downshift algorithm.)
Not only the man is good, he's also modest
Give this man a medal!

Jason sure did one hell of a job with the physics, is a completely different car now. It's slow but handles as expected, just a little oversteer and easy to control drifting.

Apart from the brake line bug found this too (driver arm through body panel)

View attachment 210616

(I know, how annoying are those last minute fixes?, tell me about it! lol)

i remember one day i thought about redoing the driver animation and then :sleep:
But the fun part will be with the doors mounted...

Tried the updated car and i have to say that its sublime.
Now there is suspension!
Only think that trouble me is the rear wheels locking too much when downshift. Is it normal?
Also i can't see any gearbox damage.
Finally are there ever going to be separate sounds for this car?

A brillinat rendition of the car. I own a 7 and I can see how well you've done this. Even the poppers are spot on and the springs and dampers move just as the real thing (I hope you'll forgive me pointing it out, but if ever you make any tweaks, the front right hand ARB isn't connected and the buckle of the harnss is in the open position). Just brilliant. Well done.

Last edited:
A brillinat rendition of the car. I own a 7 and I can see how well you've done this. Even the poppers are spot on and the springs and dampers move just as the real thing (I hope you'll forgive me pointing it out, but if ever you make any tweaks, the front right hand ARB isn't connected and the buckle of the harnss is in the open position). Just brilliant. Well done.
Glad you enjoy this!!
Which model do you have?
If you have a screenshot or picture (or both :p) for the ARB, that would be welcome :)

A brillinat rendition of the car. I own a 7 and I can see how well you've done this. Though the dashboard is different, you even the poppers are spot on and the springs and dampers move just as the 165 does (I hope you'll forgive me pointing it out, but if ever you make any tweaks, the front right hand ARB isn't connected and the buckle of the harnss is in the open position). Just brilliant. Well done.
Glad you enjoy this!!
Which model do you have?
If you have a screenshot or picture (or both :p) for the ARB, that would be welcome :)
I have a Roadsport with 160 bhp Sigma engine, which I just love, on both road and track days.

My apologies, but I don't how to get on phot onto this, but if you zoom in on your model whil driving, you'll see a difference between the way the left and right hand top wishbone of the front suspension appears.

If you do ever get around to addressing the harness buckle, the red lever should be pointing straight down.

Again, a wonderful job, even the colours are right. Just to mess things up, I see Caterham have now launched a 165 Super Sprint with even more of a retro look.

I can't wait for your Academy, as I can't get the mod I have to race against other Academy cars. Though I can't imagine the work, I hope you'll do a range of 7s, so we can compare the different power and torques. A CSR 260, perhaps, with its inboard front and fully independent rear suspension? I've never driven one, but am told their handling is even better.

Last edited:
I love this mod, but when racing the Ai pack all seem to pit at once, halfway through the race regardless of the track and race length, and with no other mods. Any idea what would cause this? This is the only car that I've had this trouble with.
Ah damn! Thanks for letting me know
that has to do with car consumption, or AI petrol strategy if such thing exists
i noticed it and thought i fixed it :/
Do you recall at what lap it happens?
I have zero time at the moment to work on the mods, but i'm adding this to the to-do list!

Ah damn! Thanks for letting me know
that has to do with car consumption, or AI petrol strategy if such thing exists
i noticed it and thought i fixed it :/
Do you recall at what lap it happens?
I have zero time at the moment to work on the mods, but i'm adding this to the to-do list!
I've only done races between 2 and 10 laps but they always pit on the middle lap, exactly half way through the race. Absolutely fantastic work otherwise, it's easily the most smiles per gallon car available for assetto corsa

I just ran a test at NJMP and the actual fuel consumption is pretty divergent from the number in fuel_cons.ini - may be the root of the issue. Happy to send along the change if you like, Ben.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%