Caterham Seven 165 | 2013

Cars Caterham Seven 165 | 2013 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Ben O'Bro submitted a new resource:

Caterham 7 Seven 165 - 660cc Turbocharged Suzuki 3cylinders 490kg, 80bhp, 0-60: 6.5sec

Slightly slower than the 1700ss with its missing cylinder. A bit newer (2013 vs 1995). Sound taken from the RX7 at the moment, but still enjoyable to drive! A nice way to learn how to drift gently :)

Lot of work taken from the 1700ss. But also new features with analog instruments. New alloys, new interior and updated suspension area.

View attachment 209805
View attachment 209802
View attachment 209804...

Read more about this resource...

Excellente à conduire comme sa grande soeur !

Juste un petit problème esthétique, le cadre du pare-brise reflète la texture de la route, un peu comme le problème connu de la vitre du tableau de bord.

Une fois qu'on l'a remarqué, on ne voie plus que ça, et ça gâche un petit peu le plaisir.

Vivement la suite avec les autres modèles en tout cas, merci pour cette petite gemme.

Hi Ben,
I wish for a possibility to increase the free wheeling rpm a bit. If I had this car IRL it would be the first thing I'd do before taking it out on track. Don't know if the real engine can be set to about 3000 rpm though. It would make downshifts easier and make the engine a bit smoother :)
Cheers,
Pierre

Excellente à conduire comme sa grande soeur !

Juste un petit problème esthétique, le cadre du pare-brise reflète la texture de la route, un peu comme le problème connu de la vitre du tableau de bord.

Une fois qu'on l'a remarqué, on ne voie plus que ça, et ça gâche un petit peu le plaisir.

Vivement la suite avec les autres modèles en tout cas, merci pour cette petite gemme.

I know... je sais :p
Don't know what to do about it!
Si j'enlève les reflets complètement ça devient matte et perd son matériaux.
Encore là j'ai flouté le reflet, c'est bien mieux qu'avant, mais j'entends bien... je ferai d'autres tests, ça me plait moyen aussi
merci du retour :)

Hi Ben,
I wish for a possibility to increase the free wheeling rpm a bit. If I had this car IRL it would be the first thing I'd do before taking it out on track. Don't know if the real engine can be set to about 3000 rpm though. It would make downshifts easier and make the engine a bit smoother :)
Cheers,
Pierre
Hey Pierre :)
It's a street car and as such not much freedom to set engine or gearbox settings! Not a race car for sure
I don't know the real engine much to be honest, we just took from what we saw and read online!

Is the suspension that stiff in real life also?
There is zero body roll and nose diving on braking.
that was also my first impression, not sure how real that is. It's 100kg lighter than the SS, with less power, suspensions seems common to what caterham use on heavier model, we figured it would be stiffer. Now did we make it too stiff, that's a valid question!

that was also my first impression, not sure how real that is. It's 100kg lighter than the SS, with less power, suspensions seems common to what caterham use on heavier model, we figured it would be stiffer. Now did we make it too stiff, that's a valid question!

Look, I don't want to sound disrespectful but the car gives the impression that there is no suspension at the rear and that the front end will never understeer.
The car just rotates like there is no mass and inertia.
Of course don't take my feedback seriously as I have never driven this car IRL.

Look, I don't want to sound disrespectful but the car gives the impression that there is no suspension at the rear and that the front end will never understeer.
The car just rotates like there is no mass and inertia.
Of course don't take my feedback seriously as I have never driven this car IRL.
As me doing the physics, I tried softening the suspension a bit, but failed. Do you know how to do it? If anyone knows it, PM me please

I kn
The model itself is very good, no doubt. But it's way too stiff, you cant really predict what the car is going to do, it oversteers in almost every turn no matter if youre on or off throttle.
I know that it is too stiff but the oversteering part is like this in the real car if you can believe sources like Top Gear or Autocar

why did you change for the rx7 sound? it's so weird, isn't the abarth 595 a good match for it?
i tried many!
That 3 cylinders is not a common sound for sure
Many cars are too rough, like the 595 and its exhaust noise.
The e30 was too noisy/dirty
supra too powerful sound
the old abarth was actually not bad surprisingly, as well as the miata, so as few other cars, sadly the sound would not make it to the high revs.... whereas the rx7 did
But if you find a kunos car that would match better, i'm all ears!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back