rF2 Caterham Series - Season 1 Finale - Classic Class @ St. Jovite North - Fri 16th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good fun.

1st race was a lonely one in second place with large gap to 1st and 3rd but was happy with my performance in only my second Cat meeting.

2nd race, off the grid in pole but a good start from Stuart saw me following him closely for the first half of the race and as Garry caught up I went a put a boot in the sand, going off track and getting stick for a while. Lost the thread a bit after that and came in 4th.

Grats Garry (of course!) and thanks as always Stu.

Excellent racing again. Race 1 was a trial, I had Hans in my mirrors for lap after lap until my defensive driving broke his spirit. :D
Race 2 got off to a fine start by me hitting the pit limiter button. :rolleyes: Being sharp as a tack it took me some time before I realised what I'd done. Plonker! :redface:

Final standings for the Classic Class Season - WD Gary.

standings.gif

Thanks everyone, really enjoyed tonight, had some good racing throughout and always very clean! I'll definitely be attending more of these Cat events in future. I really enjoy the ridiculous sideways angles you can get these cars to, yet still bring them back into line!
Race 1: completely blew my qualie lap so ended up 6th. (i think a lot of us did the same!) Had a slowish start due to being held up, but had a nice battle with Ron and Hans for a few laps before i sneaked through & set off after stu in 3rd. Stu went off at some point, but i didn't see him, so i got up to a fortunate 3rd. (stu had actually missed a timing beam while he was off-circuit so was shown to be 1 lap down, but i thought he'd just went off and went to the pits for repairs!)

Race 2: a slightly slower start, but enjoyed some wheel-to-wheel battling through the first few turns (not sure who with) and got in amongst the pack before finding a way through to 3rd, where i was at the tail-end of the David and Stu's battle. However, before i could join them Gary had arrived on my back bumper and i had some fun trying out my defensive driving for a couple of laps before he got past to catch the leaders. In trying to keep up with them, i spun, and was passed by Hans, and we were later joined by David. Made a couple of more errors before the end, but just held on.
Thanks for setting this up!

A pity we lost about half our Cat grid for the final,but the magnificent 7 who were there had fun anyways :),i think i made probably my best Cat start ever for race one and more or less cleared off from the line and from then on the track and the clock were my challenge,usually a bit of nightmare scenario in some other sim cars i could mention,but in a rF Caterham at that track each lap was fun for me.
I decided not to qualify for race 2 and had much more action based fun,enjoyed working out the passes and finally moved in on DC and Thommo up front,David got wide on the downhill exit of T1 and went off and it was just Stu to work on now,a lap or 2 of study,and then the big final push begineth ;p,the only problem was Thommo somehow got his car to become like 2 Cats welded together side by side kind of width!? :s....so what looked like a pass opportunity rapidly evaporated and i had to furiously backpedal out of it,eventually the pass happened and stuck for me at the wild uphill tight left hairpin near the end of the lap,it was more a result of a moment of confusion for Thommo than any skill from me,i could just picture him going madly through all the views buttons saying "Where the bloody hell has the slippery Lenno got to??"...from then on it was push and consilidate to the finish.

I personally enjoyed every single lap of every round of this little shindig,these Caterhams are infectious to drive and some of the early rounds battles were just superb,hopefully for S2 the grid might grow a bit,and more importantly,keep nice and big to the finish!.
Many thanks all the gents who took part and due to some of my "iffy" qualifies,i got to race with most of you at some point.

Big Thanks Stu T. & RD

Excellent racing again. Race 1 was a trial, I had Hans in my mirrors for lap after lap until my defensive driving broke his spirit. :D
Man o Man what great racing it is in the Cats, sham there where only 7 of us but it did not make it dull at all,especially on this short track .

My Quali was bad spun of a few times an started on pl.7 had some nice battles with Ron but could not pass him clean an drove my self of a few times fin. on place 5 "thanks" to Stu.

Race 2, Quali was much better I think pl.4/5? had a good start but gould not keep up with the guys at front making not much errors an a little later I saw Gary coming I new that I am not able to get him behind me so did not make it to difficult for him to make sure I hold place 5 to fines,I was pretty happy with that because I did this on my one an not do to the fact someone slipping off an taking his place.

Grats to Gary for the overall win ,it is a joy to see you drift the car a round ( watching your quali.:rolleyes:) and Big thanks to Stuart for giving us these great events,looking forward to the next series:D
An not in the least my fellow competitors ,you are a nice bunch of guys to race with !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back