RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi
I would very much like to participate to this race as my first RD event (don’t know what I’m signing up to, but no one remembers a coward …:laugh2:)
But is seems like I don’t have permission to download the track… ? Is that because I’m a “trials member” or what ?

• Andrew Evans

the one on the rd server is still in the mod queue, awaiting authorisation, that's why you can't get it yet... grab it from the nogrip link instead - unless yer banned there :D

This race format was really fun! We should do it again :thumb:

I had a great evening, the car and the setup felt good and the racing was tight but clean :)

Race 1:

Torbjorn out qualified me with a few tenths of second, I started in P4

Had a fairly good start, but made a small error and fell back a few places. Rejoined in 8th or so position. Had a great duel with Jamie :fencing: I hope I didn't push you out Jamie (?). I tried to give you as much room as possible, but perhaps it wasn't enough... So sorry if I hit you.

Caught up to David and Torbjorn, followed them closely for a few laps before the opportunity came for a dirty sneak by on the inside of the both of them :eyebrows: I think David was unaware of me as he turned straight in to me a few times, but as I remember it I think I might have touched him as well so I guess it was evened out...

I finished the race in second place

Race 2:

Started with 60L of fuel, it turned out to be just right as I only had about 3L left after the race finished...

First half of the race went according to plan, aside from the fact that Torbjorn once again out qualified me by the cat's whiskers... :frusty:

I made my scheduled pit stop on lap 16, went in as P1 and came out as P3. My plan was to only change two sets of tires. As the car was fwd I thought it would be best to change the driving wheels, bad mistake! After only a few laps on fresh front tires the car started to over steer like mad! I took almost every corner in Initial-D style. If this would have been a drifting competition I think I would have won it easily :p

Because of my poor balance I was a sitting duck for Herwin, who came out of nowhere and started to harass me :boink: For the last 8 or so laps I really had to work hard to stay ahead of him. Herwin actually overtook me a few times, but as he out braked himself I managed to regain my position with out to much of a battle. Good and clean racing Herwin, that was very exciting! :dance:

I finished the second race in second place as well!
:bananamario:
Kind regards,
Karl
Hej Karl varför kör du inte i den svenska stcc ligan ?
rejsa.nu

• Matt Crouch

Never tried this track before, just done a few laps and it's quite a nice combo :). I get the feeling this track would be quite boring on some cars but it suits the caterham well. You can just glide smoothly round some of the corners. I do like the hairpin at the bottom.
Quite difficult to find the breaking points for some of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%