Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks Keith and Gilles13. I actually stumbled upon that solution too, but couldn't for the life of me work out what to put between the brackets so the settings apply to all the cars. Each car has an entry like [#05 J] or [#08 M]. In the end I edited each car's veh file and added FIA_F3 to the description. This makes [FIA_F] appear in the realfeelplugin.ini.

I must agree with Paulo and Guilherme on this one. Like most models (in any sim) of Caterham cars they are WAY too hard to drive. They are street legal track day cars... right. So why are the sim cars sooo sensitive to load changes? It just not realistic. IDK maybe the numbers used for the physics are accurate but the end results don't work very well in the sim. I can drive this car as is... but it is an unpleasant experience. Snap oversteer is common and you get into slow lateral slides that can not be recovered.

Its my opinion. The F-Vee is a joy, not so much for the Cat R500.

The graphic model looks great :)

PS. I want to point out the odd tire smoke and the skid marks for no obvious reason at some points during turning as an indication that something is amiss in the physics somewhere. (TBC?, LoadSens initial slope?)

Last edited:
Ok, Patrick. Thanks for the update ! It's one of my favorite tracks to race the AI on ! btw the new loading screens by Denis looks really nice and clean. Are there plans to do more loading screens ?

Last edited:
Still gathering impressions, but atm, i'm quite disappointed with how this car feels. The handling is too light and floaty for my taste and the sense of weight/contact with the road is poor. Can't connect properly with the car. It feels more like an arcade toy than a well simulated car to me.

Will give it more time, of course, but I've already done 300km and it just feels too lightweight for my taste. I expected this to feel more like the Vee in terms of weight... I'm not sure if it's because of the specifics of the car, power/weight ratio or simply not the best simulation.

Btw, I have no issues controlling the car, drifting, powersliding. It's just the light/floaty/weightless handling that bothers me.

Guys this car is that not hard to drive IRL.

If I may be so bold... the problem is two things, 1 a bit too much body roll causing too much wt transfer, 2 the tires are a bit too sensitive to the load changes on the tire. The grip level is more or less ok but it comes and goes too rapidly for this type of car experience.

I will point to the AI (as well as tire smoke/skids)... they have a hard time with this car too. That AI behavior (i feel) points to some balance issue in the physics.

Regardless it is still an interesting sim car and I appreciate the effort to bring it to GSC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, Patrick.
Yeah, as i said, the way it handles may be due to the specifics of the car, which i'm not familiar with and how this data works in SCE physics environment.

Also, according to the footage Gringo posted, i turn very similar amounts in game, so steering ratio is very accurately simulated , it seems. As seen in the below footage, the car also behaves very similarly to what i experience in game, how you can drift and catch a slide and so on...so physics seems to be very accurately replicated as well. It's just the handling it is a bit too light for my liking, but i guess that's just how the numbers translate into SCE. And also the car feels quite different than any other vehicle in the game.

Last edited:
Yes, I found that thanks Patrick, but not till after my first drive lol. The default was negative, which I noticed on my first drive, so I went to reverse the FFB settings and found your file. As soon as I corrected it and went back into the game, man, I am not kidding, it took me back - I know others are not liking it, but I cannot believe how close to real this feels - back to the good old rear wheel days. It is awesome!
This thing is going to be one of my favourites, thanks to you and everyone who put this together.
I will definitely be setting up an offline season in this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%