• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Cars Caterham R500 1.02

Cat R500 for GSCEx

1. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +641
    I didn't change anything Patrick, only have this problem in the Caterhams, no modifications, straight install of mod.

2. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +189
    I have this too. I fixed it by using MirrorPos=(0.0, 0.72, -0.26) in the cockpitinfo.ini, which is the value from the Formula Vee.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +641
    Thanks tpw, you beat me to it, I did it by trial and error and came up with similar to that : (0.350, 0.72, -0.410), never thought of looking at the vees :)

4. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes

Ratings:
    +204
    my new setup for cascavel for this amazing car :) 450º in g27 profile and 12 steering lock.

but for tracks like suzuka is not the best setup.. something like -0.20 front toe in, and more coast in the diff is better

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  5. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani

Ratings:
    +57
    I read the instructions of Reiza and took the liberty to give update on mod
    sorry if u do not like patrick
    but for those who want that is your link
    I can do at all mods if u want
    It worked 100%
    Mirror fix + new wheel settings for caterham:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/6QMA3jzfce/Update_Caterham.html? (only update , not full mod)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +6,217
    Patrick Giranthon updated Caterham R500 with a new update entry:

HDV Update ; ingame adjustable st.wheel lock/rotation

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Thug-Life

Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +239
    Sorry to say... But in real life, this car has more of 2 turns on the wheel (more than 720 degrees). R500 from 2002. Look at this...

http://www.stevecarter.com/r500/r500main.htm

STEERING:
    Rack-and-pinion, 2.12 turns lock-to-lock. Quick release Momo steering wheel.

For me with 450-540 are fine, no problem at all. Only I say becouse if you want a realistic wheel.

Anyway, thank's a lot Rob for adding this new feature to the mod. And same for Patrick, for this superb mod.

Greetings.

8. hummer444

hummer444

Ratings:
    +749
    Okay, for those who want the rotation settings as described above, do the following:

- Open up "Cat_R500.HDV'- file with Notepad. This file can be found in Vehicles / Cat_R500 directory.
    - Scroll down to CONTROLS section, delete this whole section and paste in the following lines:

[CONTROLS]
    SteeringFFBMult=0.0 // vehicle-specific multiplier by steering force feedback
    SteerLockRange=( 10 , 1 , 24 )
    SteerLockSetting=22
    SteerLockUserSetting=4
    SteeringRotation=(720, 10.0, 19)
    SteeringRotationSetting=0
    ABSAidLevel=0
    ThrottleControlAidLevel=0
    StabilityControlAidLevel=0
    AutoShiftAidLevel=0
    OppositeLockAidLevel=0
    BrakeAidLevel=0
    SpinRecoveryAidLevel=0
    AutoLiftAidLevel=0
    AutoBlipAidLevel=0
    RearBrakeRange=(0.200, 0.005, 121)
    RearBrakeSetting=24
    BrakePressureRange=(0.70, 0.01, 31)
    BrakePressureSetting=10
    HandbrakePressRange=(2.00, 0.05, 1) // handbrake pressure
    HandbrakePressSetting=0
    UpshiftAlgorithm=(0.970,0.0) // fraction of rev limit to auto-upshift, or rpm to shift at (if 0.0, uses rev limit algorithm)
    DownshiftAlgorithm=(0.900,0.830,0.600) // high gear downshift point, low gear downshift point, oval adjustment
    AutoUpshiftGripThresh=0.44 // auto upshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
    AutoDownshiftGripThresh=0.42 // auto downshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
    TractionControlGrip=(0.00, 0.00) // average driven wheel grip multiplied by 1st number, then added to 2nd
    TractionControlLevel=(0.00, 0.00) // TC On/Off only for this car // effect of grip on throttle for low TC and high TC
    ABS4Wheel=0 // 0 = old-style single brake pulse, 1 = more effective 4-wheel ABS
    ABSGrip=(0.00, 0.00) // grip multiplied by 1st number and added to 2nd
    ABSLevel=(0.00, 0.00) // effect of grip on brakes for low ABS and high ABS
    OnboardBrakeBias=0 // whether brake bias is allowed onboard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the ingame default lock = 32, adjustable from 10-34
    and the ingame default rotation = 720, adjustable from 720-900

Grtz

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thug-Life

Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +239
    Thank´s Rob. One little question... If these parameters are changed by someone, they can cause mismatch on a server ??

Greetings.

10. hummer444

hummer444

Ratings:
    +749
    Yes, probably these parameters will cause online mismatches.

Use these values only offline, and use the original HDV-file for online races.

Grtz

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +160
    Giving it a try again and have big problems with slowing down/heavy braking.
    Brakes seem weak and the car becomes very unstable during downshifting.
    It's oddly hard to stop the car in a straight line. I tried 75:25, but i still get the same behavior

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  12. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani

Ratings:
    +57
    try my setup
    I ride with caterham smoothly, love it

13. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +160
    Thx, Giulherme, will check it out. :)
    I have just found out, though, that i forgot to turn off the digital steering, throttle, brake, etc. in ''Controller 2'', when i created the new controller profile for the car today. So, i reckon, that may have something to do with it as well. I feel more in control already, after turning that off and doing some test laps.

14. dungbeetle

dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Patrick.

Many thanks for such a wonderful car. I was so pleased to find this for GSCE as it reminds me so much of the LX4/6 in 'Live For Speed', which was my favourite car in that sim.

I've only recently discovered GSCE and am still familiarising myself with it, so please forgive what might be a daft question.

When I turn the car into a corner, the car 'falls in' (or pulls in) to the turn and then I have to forcefully counter steer to straighten up after the turn. Can you tell me, is this intended behaviour? I've never driven a Caterham so I wouldn't know. :)

I have tried inverting the FFB, but then the wheel pulls left and right away from centre when the car is stationary, so I assume that this is not required.

Regards,
    dungbeetle.

15. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +6,217
    Hi. Did You copy the realfeel infos In the realfeel.ini?

16. dungbeetle

dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Patrick.
    Thanks for the quick reply. :)
    When I looked they were already in there at the bottom, although I didn't copy them myself:
    [​IMG]
    I did change the MaxForceAtSteeringRack myself though to 1800 to see if it improved things, but the overall feel is still the same.

17. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +6,217
    Keep -1800. Anyway these lines are In the .txtwith the mod.
    From what I Have seen the Cat Is not really glued on the road And the tires are a kind of road tires, not race tires. The car seems to be not so easy to drive In real (there Is a video somewhere).

18. dungbeetle

dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +2
    Actually, when the car drops into the corners I find it makes it quicker turning and in some ways easier to drive.

I was just wondering if that was how it was designed to behave, or if I had something set up incorrectly.

19. dungbeetle

dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +2
    Patrick.
    I think I may have found a solution to my problem.
    By changing the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent from (+)100.000000 to (-)100.000000 in the RealFeelPlugin.ini file, the stationary wheel centering is now correct and the car no longer drops into corners.
    Not sure why this is the case though, as all the default cars have a FFBMixerRealFeelPercent of (+)100.000000 and work just fine.
    Very strange! :)

20. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +6,217
    Oh, well, strange...
    The car Is not easy to drive, but I think I did not get exactly your problem In fact.
    Anyway, I am happy You fixed the problem :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.