Caterham keen to keep Marcus Ericsson next year

Despite a low key F1 rookie season so far and the increasing uncertainty surrounding the Caterham F1 team and it's driver line-up, it appears the team are very keen to keep Marcus Ericsson next year. This news from the team comes after a stand-out race at the Singapore Grand Prix, where he held of both Marussia's late on to finish 15th.

The Caterham team have so far struggled this year with a poorly performing car and a change in both team ownership and driver line-up mid-season. The new team owners believe this is masking the progress Ericsson is making this season. New Caterham team principal Manfredi Ravetto had this to say about Ericsson "I saw a strong Ericsson in Singapore who did the best race of his season,I am sorry for the opportunities he missed in free practice and qualifying due to technical issues, because without them I am sure he would have started in a better position."

Ravetto went on to also state "We are really very happy with the progress he made and our doors are open for him for next year. We have started talking to his management and to his financial backers because this year the team invested in his rookie development. Next year we would be delighted in having him again in our car and taking the fruits of this investment, rather than seeing him deliver for somebody else."

Based on these quotes it appears Ericsson can be fairly confident of returning for a second season with the Caterham team, however the future of his team mate is very much up in the air for next year. What are your thoughts on Marcus Ericsson's likely return with the Caterham team next year?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 217 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%