RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yup, all older SimBin titles are currently unavailable on Steam due to copyright issues. However, they are still available via third party shops, if you trust those - and for just 1,50€, it might just be worth the try: http://www.kinguin.net/category/12818/race-on-bundle-steam-key/
Hi Bjorn,
Thank you for your advice.
My only concern, if I buy this item, is will it work on steam? Suppose I can try, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Yes - shortly (often immediately, rarely more than 10-15 minutes) after your purchase, you'll get another mail containing a steam key, something like ABCDE-12345-DEFGH and the like. You can then enter this key in Steam via "Games > Activate a product.."

For the sake of transparency, sites like kinguin are, of course, not official resellers, i.e. not supported by Simbin/Steam/whomever - some of them are dodgy and have sold keys of questionable legitimacy in the past.
For the sake of fairness, however - I've never had a problem with these sites, especially not with kinguin. And, well, they're pretty much the only way to get the older Simbin games right now :)

Yes - shortly (often immediately, rarely more than 10-15 minutes) after your purchase, you'll get another mail containing a steam key, something like ABCDE-12345-DEFGH and the like. You can then enter this key in Steam via "Games > Activate a product.."

For the sake of transparency, sites like kinguin are, of course, not official resellers, i.e. not supported by Simbin/Steam/whomever - some of them are dodgy and have sold keys of questionable legitimacy in the past.
For the sake of fairness, however - I've never had a problem with these sites, especially not with kinguin. And, well, they're pretty much the only way to get the older Simbin games right now :)
I'm afraid my steam server is down and I can't connect, no matter what I do. The missus is in the next room and she connected ok!

Thanks for all your advice.
I managed to get steam working again and the key that Bjorn pointed me to worked no problem, with vat it cost £2.21, so nice and cheap!
So I have the race on expansion as well now!
Hope the races went well and I'll be catching up with you guys soon :)

What an event! Goes to show it's not necessarily about grid numbers to have a great time :)

With Nelson joining the server rather early, compared to recent events, I wasn't quite expecting my time to be on top and I wasn't disappointed ;) Accordingly, if I recall correctly, it was Nelson - Björn - Alex throughout P2 and Quals, as well.

Had a nice start and managed to kept the roaring Beemer rocketing forth from P6 behind me, and then hung on to Nelson, whom I then had a tremendous fight with, great stuff! Really enjoyable, especially on a track this narrow - but as long as you know the guy ahead, you don't have to worry about crashing too much.
The same seemingly applied to the Dennis - Alex battle right behind us, as well.
It all went on until it was time to lap Alex W., who unfortunately happened to hit the wall, leaving Nelson with nowhere to go except for his rear bumper. I then let Nelson back through on the main straight, but without front bumper & missing a fully inflated tyre, he wasn't quite up to speed anymore and I carried it home - P1!

Another nice start into race #2 and some lap 1 brake mishaps got me into P4 early, following Nelson and Alex W. while Alex sped away up front. With P2 running wide a few laps in, Nelson and myself went through and closed the gap to Alex during the next 3-ish laps.
Passing was a whole different story though, and during another really nice battle, it was Nelson slightly missing his brake point into T2, putting me into P2to hunt the Englishman... who then missed his brake point into T2 as well, IIRC, getting me into P1 again, with Nelson furiously pushing behind... until he missed his brake point into T2. Hard, this time.
With tyres not too happy about all the action, I kept it a bit slower and kept another P1 till the end :)

Thanks for racing, thanks for the fights, great fun!

A tight circuit but I think very fun. RD hasn't been here for a TCC event in quite a while. I pulled a SEAT out of the garage that was setup in 2011! Pretty early on I found that my setup skills have improved since then as I had a better car very soon. I was also lapping faster than I was then, that amazed me a bit but made me happy.

Not a very fast quali lap but happy as it was smooth and clean.

R1: A good start and I tried to hang in with Bjorn and Nelson but to no avail, I didn't get that much better it seems. After a bit Alex crawled up behind me and though he lost a tad aof time once in a while was ready to pounce on me if I made any mistakes. As it worked out he made a mistake that ended up saving me from a mistake of my own on the last lap. I had gone wide on exit and he very nicely helped me turn the corner to the straight!

R2 After the start I just hung in with Nelson and Bjorn until Alex W made the mistake that let them pass and wormed by with them. The rest was a lonely drive punctuated with a few small moments of horror that all ended well :):)

Five out of 6 on TS, very good. Alex W you didn't get a reply from Nelson as we were not using game chat much at all.

I'd like to start by saying sorry to Nellson for my mistake towards the end of race one causing him the lead and the entire race. All in all though despite hating my car and the track I quite enjoyed myself. I decided at the end of practice that I would try out the BMW as I was getting yards of understeer in my volvo but this idea backfired immediately as I went into qualifying having not driven the car for at least a year. This resulted into crashing off and getting a puncture :poop: :confused: looking forward to some more races with you guys but I think I will stick to the safety and security of front wheel drive cars for the time being! :thumbsup:

I will get teamspeak working aswell for the next race! :p

Really enjoyed tonight. Only 6 people, but you only need one other person with similar speed to you (and good racecraft!) to have an entertaining race!. This circuit along with Gothenburg are my two favourite street circuits in the game.

Race 1 - First few laps I was stuck behind Alex until he made a small mistake through the left/rights round the back of the circuit that allowed me past. I caught up to Dennis over the next few laps and then spent the second half of the race failing to get by. Finished 4th.

Race 1 - Started 3rd, 2nd after John had been DSQ's for jumping the lights I think before they'd even come on!! Then I somehow managed to squeeze past Alex on the inside ofthe fast kink before the first braking zone. I then got 4 seconds lead until Nelson passed Alex and then took a second a lap out of my lead and was on my tail. With about 5 minutes to go I balled up that first braking zone and got sideways, hitting the barrier with my font left and gaining suspension damage. Still, I was in 3rd and could carry on ok. This became 2nd on the final lap when Nelson did the same as me.

And big thanks to John for his commentary/car-to-pit radio!

Last edited:
I'd like to start by saying sorry to Nellson for my mistake towards the end of race one causing him the lead and the entire race. All in all though despite hating my car and the track I quite enjoyed myself. I decided at the end of practice that I would try out the BMW as I was getting yards of understeer in my volvo but this idea backfired immediately as I went into qualifying having not driven the car for at least a year. This resulted into crashing off and getting a puncture :poop: :confused: looking forward to some more races with you guys but I think I will stick to the safety and security of front wheel drive cars for the time being! :thumbsup:

I will get teamspeak working aswell for the next race! :p

All is forgiven. I will admit I was a bit upset after it happened, but this is all for fun.

Races were really fun. I was completely unaware that two cars could go door to door around the last set of corners, but Bjorn and I had a fun time finding this out. Too bad it ended with a crash. Second race ended with a loss of control, but it was still a fun race. I love street circuits... Macau any time soon? :D

@John Grant / anyone interested:
Forgot about it yesterday, here are the Youtube playlists concerning simracing hints, tips and racecraft that I promised you on TS ;)

• iRacing Driving school - this is where I'd start as they start out with the very basics (physics, racing line, cornering) and gradually progress on to more advanced topics (starts, passing) and "soft skills" like racing etiquette and surviving T1
  • Emptybox's "Simracing 101" - another great series with a slightly different scope. Emptybox starts out with an overview on hardware and games and then explains various (more advanced) topics like learning a track, online etiquette and field of view settings (important! so important! ;)) without catering too much to basic racecraft. One of the most interesting videos, the one on defensive driving, is missing in the playlist, but available over here.
  • Shaun Cole's SimPit - this one's more of an honorable mention because while an interesting channel, Shaun's fairly bad at consistently naming his videos and/or creating playlists for them, making it rather hard to find all videos on a specific topic. However, while uploads aren't too regular, this is an ongoing source of information, unlike the two playlists above. Keep an eye out for the "quick tips" and "simpit driving school" vids in particular.

GTSPORTS.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTS
Car: GT Sports
Track: Monza
Games: Evo, Power PAck

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:40 GMT: Warmup
20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Björn Golda
  3. -Nelson Ullinskey
  4. -Sam Hill
  5. -Alex Odell
  6. -Enzo Fazzi
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201511):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
Server is UP!

Last edited:
STCC2Flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
Car: STCC2
Track: Valencia
Games:STCC or Race On, STCC2

20:30 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Aaron Channer
  3. -Ivan Fojan
  4. -John Grant
  5. -Reggie Blain Snr
  6. -Reggie Blain
  7. -Nelson Ullinskey
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201511):

Server is UP!

Last edited:
IFMCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: International Formula Master
Track: Monza
Games: Race 07, Race On

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Björn Golda
  3. -Nelson Ullinskey
  4. -Ivan Fojan
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Server is UP!

Last edited:
Caterham320Flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: Caterham 320
Games: Race 07

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Björn Golda
  3. -Reggie Blain Snr
  4. -Reggie Blain
  5. -Alex Odell
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Games: Race 07

20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Ivan Fojan
  3. -Damian Millet
  4. -Björn Golda
  5. -Nelson Ullinskey
  6. -Aaron Channer
  7. -John Grant
  8. -Reggie Blain
  9. -Reggie Blain Snr
  10. -Robert Covey
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -

Server is UP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%