RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

quallied 20-22, somewhere around there... finished 10th!

managed to hook into a good feeling for the 2nd time this week and just made steady progress.... nice little battle with ryan in the opening laps, afore he slid off... :wink:

but best fight was with dietmar in the middle stint... he pitted a lap before me... when i came out he just got me down into t1... managed to get by again and then he hovered around in my mirrors for what felt like days... slightest bit of sideways action and there he is again.... :D

eventually managed to break free and was the last finisher running the full distance... dewow!

good stuph... shame the rain still seems to cause problems though - cause it's so nice to have once in a while....

Quali 6th, Finished 1st

After some laps, I was 3rd and trying to come back on Gary. Ludwig (1st) was disconnected. After the pit stop I saw Gary in the first turn, and I passed him. I understand quickly that he made a mistake (slick tyres on the rain). So I was first and stay at this position till the end of the race.

Thanks Andrew and thanks RD.

Sorry David Buxton, for touching you, I didn't understand what mistake I made when I was behind you

that was great fun :clap:
jumped in at the last minute and just made it in time for qual having only done 10 to 12 laps the night before just to get to know the track, did a couple of laps in qualifying then had a cuppa while the rest of you got on with it.
Started the race at way back in around 23rd (had wanted to be last) so i took it easy at the start until i got used to it and had a great time and was very very happy to get 11th place:dance2:

THX for the event

Qualy on P2 with a 2:22.9

Unfortunately was my racespeed not so good. Had some problems in the brakingzone with a oversteering car. So i was a littlebit too carefully and lost some places, then a mistake in last corner and massage: suspension problem. Was about 56 min to go and i decided to pit for repairing and tyre changing.
After this i get a good rythm and do my best laps and some good overtakes. Get place and place (sometimes without fight because of pit or like laurence a freeze :smash:) Then fight for P3 with Truls but he was quiet faster after he pitted. So P 4 at the end before Gary with his two stop strategy :laugh2:

Thank You for organisation:good:

Ditto with the :censored:.

Qualified 8th, got through the pit procedure fine, finished the race and BAM. Connection Lost. :at-wits-end:

I was really looking forward to this event as well. *sigh*... These things happen. :disapointed: Hopefully iPrimus will get off their lazy butts and give me a good connection for the STCC event next week. I can't believe I was missing these great events. :thumb:

Thanks William and RD,

Rhys :D

2n9xmrn.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT STATS
Class: Corvette C6 R
Track: Houston Reliant Park click here to download
Weather: Dry
Time Trial Mode: click here for the leaderboard
Notes: Click here to read the password!

This week the STATS server will run Houston Reliant Park. A beautiful city track from the USA. I hope a lot of people will take that the C6R out of the garage and on the track for a good spin.
It would be nice if we can use this thread to inform eachother about our progression during the week. Share tips, share setups (post them in the setup section), brag a little here and there.
Also help eachother out how to master this new track because it will not allow you to make mistakes :D
Most of all see this as a training tool we can all work on and help the new starters in Evo to get familiar with a new car and a new track and become a better driver.

I hope on your support :thumb:

Qual: made a mistake that put me in 13th position!
Race1: I had a BMW ahead me so I started like I don't have to worry. Then the thing became tricky as he started slow! I tried to avoid him, had a little hit on Warren who was coming on the left side. After that I was following Warren. Came to pits in lap 5 as I saw the battle ahead of me, but didn't win too much as Warren came back just ahead of me:) Finished 4th and satisfied.
Race2: Terrible start. Warren passed me and I had no room to turn in t1, went offroad, came back around 10th I think, made 2 corners then I saw a Seat standing on the road in front of me! Pulled the wheel right to avoid him but there was Bob (sorry!), I was spinning all around then with a suspension damage... Then joined back to the race behind Bob, we had a little fight, then I passed him in 1st corner! After that I was chasing Cam, I could hardly see him but he was there!:) Came in lap7, Warren stood ahead of me in pits, and we left at the same time, so again I followed him, until he made a mistake in one of the hairpins! I had to pass 2 guys then, to finish 5th, and I was happy with that after that really terrible start...

Finished 5th overall. Grats to Marty, and the podium finishers!:)

Thx for the race!

Well what a race all the sweat that was pouring of my brow. Practise session went without a hitch and Keith gave me a few pointrs (thanks Kieth). From the tipe I drop fro 1:04 to 1:03 which is a good start.

Superpole well knowing I was going to hit a 1:03 I knew I would be some where in the middle and sure enough I was.

Race 1:

Started on the grid 5th and from the off gained 4th by turn two I was second and was doing well. After a few laps Warren caught me up and was pushing hard. We had a bit of a love tap before the S's and Warren managed to get by I fullfed the corner and Adam got by also. Now down to 5th and me and Warren pitted at the same time I fluffed my pit start and Warren got by and Peter flew by also making me 7th as othre drivers pitted I was ablle to move upto 5th and thats were I finished that race

Race2 :

Started on the Grid 4th with Warren behind me from the off I was able to overtake Timothy for 3rd but he soon gained it back pushing me back to 4th Laps came and went then with a small amount of laf I hit the chacain and was air born I had a nice soft landing on Adam and sent him skyward. The rest of the field went unhindered and Adam managed to find 9th whilst I found 10th. Again I pitted and again I fluffed the start and came out of the pit 7th Matt had spun out giving me th to which later on matt soon took back and I finished the race 6th.

Conclusion:

Great race, brilliant track but noot many overtaking spots your just waitng for that little mistake to get you pass and on this track thats all it needs.

Attachments

• I can fly.jpg
    I can fly.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%