RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Alpeter

First ever RD win!! Woohoo!!

Qually: destroyed my PB, but that only got me 5th (very tight and extremely fast field!!)

Race 1: Got a good start and held position and had a hoot trying to match Willi's speed. Kept him between .5 and about 1.5. Rhys pitted and Peter spun, which put me into 3rd, but slowly catching up to Willy. I was just starting to really get him (about .4-.5 away) when the races suddenly ended lol was having to concentrate so hard I didn't even notice the laps ticking away. Anyway wd Willi!

Race 2: Had a fantastic launch from 5th and rocketed up to 3rd by T1, and barely avoided the collision there and wound up in 1st. I was able to open up a small gap, but Peter caught back up to me by lap 6 and the heat was on. He was all over me, and Simon was all over him. Going down the front stretch I went a different line every time so Peter wouldn't catch my draft as soon, which worked a little bit. I had some VERY scary moments like on lap 10 when Peter and I went 2 wide in corner 4 and part of 5. Then we went 2 wide into the fast right hander and my rear left wheel touched the dirt, which sent me on a small slide and nearly into Peter's car. That same lap I missed my brake point on the second to last corner by a long shot and went way wide, so we went 2 wide there as well. After that Peter and Simon fell behind as they were going 2 wide around the whole track! Rounded the last corner and drove to my first ever RD win!!

Thanks to RD, to Willi for an awesome track with wicked cars, and to Peter and Simon for one heck of a race!

Drafts in Minis? You can't be serious - maybe a little. Grats to Matt on his first win. And we were honored by the alien presence of Simon And Bram.

Corey fought really hard to catch up to me in the second race but on the last lap all I had to do was accelerate smoothly out of a few turns. Another lap or two and he would have been by....

Quallifying - I tried and tried and just couln't break 50.003. I thought I would be able to, but I drove a few laps a tenth down in sectors and would loose it last turn, so I ended it forth behind Simon, Peter, and Rhys. Just barely ahead of Matt.

Race 1 - I held my spot on the start and settled in at forth spot. Simon was obviously a touch faster as I could see he was getting a little lead. Rhys all of a sudden drove into pit lane and I had Peter in front of me. A few laps later Peter had a little spin and I just had Simon left. It soon became apparent that I would not be catching him so I just drove safely to get second. I could see Matt was a bit faster in the chicane, but it looked like I would always make it back in the next few turns. I drove really carefully last lap as I did't want to blow my position. Matt got a little closer but it all worked out in the end. Fun race.

Race 2. Started next to last, and gained one spot after turn one as it seems someone ahead spun. I really couldn't do to much after that, a few guys had some problems ahead, including Corey, and I was in fifth position for much of the race. A couple of times it would look like I might catch Rhys, but then a mistake would put me back were I was. It was good for third overall though, congrats to Simon, Matt, and Peter for some great driving.

Thanks everyone for coming out to race. :)

Really sorry - going to have to bail on this one - would rather someone else has a stab at the competition, than me taking a seat I won't be able to use..

I'm moving house, and the boxes are starting to close in... HELP! Not sure how many other races I'm going to make over the next few weeks - RL really starting to intrude now... :disapointed:

Good clean competition last night, I'm really a fan of these events on the STCC tracks. Field was extremely close during qualifying, which made for close racing in the events.

I spent the entirety of race 1 trying to chase down Matt and William (to no avail) stayed within .5 secs until the last few laps as my tires started to fade and I backed off to avoid a major incident. Peter had spun moving me up into P4 and was closing hard the last couple laps - got a nice pull through the final corner but I was just able to edge him out across the line.

Race 2 started with a bit of chaos, although these little tanks seem to be more resilient than some of the other classes. I was able to scoot through unscathed but dropped a wheel coming out of the long right-hander and was forced to take a detour down the pit entrance. Unfortunately for me I forgot to turn off auto-pit and before I could get stopped it sucked me into the pits, which effectively killed about 30 seconds. I came out 20 sec behind Bill and spent the rest of the race trying to catch him. Was right on his bumper through the final lap but ran out of grip at the 90s and was unable to make the pass the rest of the lap.

This was my first race with the minis and I must say, it was fun (although qualifying seemed endless!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%