RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Now that was some intense racing. Fun fun fun.
I actually had plans to skip this one out, but decided to participate, mostly due to the size of the grid :)
After a few practice runs, I had to run to the bathroom and puke some :laugh:
After that I felt a little better. But after a few minutes, I were starting to feel dizzy again, and I were this close (imagine the distance 1 millimeter, between your thumb and your index finger) to say "sorry, I'm out"

However, somehow it made me drive better, and I manage to pull out a good lap time.
After the qualify session, I were a little slower, but ended up in 4th (I think).

Race one
Actually booth races are kinda blurry for me at the moment, but I completely missed the start.
When the lights were out, I just sat there, looking like a retard.
When I finally got going, I had lost so many positions, and my spirit just died a little :cautious:
Got stuck behind @Reggie Blain Snr for a few laps, and every time I tried to make a pass,
he shut the door on me, and defended really hard. Which was really fun.
Sure, it was frustrating, but it was really fun, at the same time.

He forced me to look for other ways, but I wasn't able to pass him where I wanted, so we kept fighting, until I totally missed my breaking point at the last left-hander before start/finish straight, and had to visit the sand trap for few seconds. I got back on track, and were soon back at his rear, and I think he actually let me pass, this time, so I could try catch up with @Nelson Ullinskey. Which I did, but at this point, I had no tires left. So I couldn't pursue him, and he started to slip away from my grasp. Ended up 4th since, @Peter Ell had a moment and so did also @Matthias Klein.

Race two
This time I wasn't going to screw up the start, and after a few corners I were up in 2nd.
A position which I spent most of the race in.
Nelson weren't that far away thou, so I couldn't really relax, and had to push hard to try crawl away from him. I got some breathing room when Matthias Klein started to pass a few drivers behind me, and when he were behind Nelson, I could finally relax some, and just focus on a stable driving.

Matthias were soon right behind me thou, and somehow I must had driven so hard, because I had trouble with breaking. I had no tires left, and there were at least 3-4 laps left.
Matthias passed me, and I slapped myself in the face, and just tried to maintain the gap to Nelson.
But he and Björn kept getting closer, and on the last two laps, I were sure they would pass me.
But I manage to increase the gap just a little, until the very last lap, when my car just refused to stop at the last left hander. My car just went straight towards the sand trap, and there were nothing I could had done. I didn't miss my breaking point or anything like that, the car just decided to troll me.

So, Nelson and Björn passed me, and all the hard work were now lost :notworthy:
However, I still had fun, and this track is not unknown, to us who owns Assetto Corsa.
It has a nice flow, and in general is pretty fast, which I like.

I just wish I wouldn't feel like crap, because it's difficult to focus, when you constantly feel like you're gonna throw up :laugh:

I had a really frustrating 90 minutes or so before the race where I just could not find a setup for that track. I tried several cars and couldn't find anything I liked, so went back to my trusty Cruze.

I was advised to try a setup from another track, so I grabbed that and changed it slightly - longer gears, less Fbb and more rear wing and was finally able to get round the track, albeit slowly.

I put in a decent lap (for me) at Quali but was still at the back and managed to have a huge crash on the final corner on Lap 1 - so I became the multilingual commentator. I was not very good at it, but it passed the time while the others raced.

In Race two, I managed to find a better line through some of the corners, aided by the better setup, and beat my Quali time by about 3 seconds. Also, I did not get lapped! :thumbsup:

Hopefully, the Mini will be easier to get round that track on Friday :barefoot: :roflmao:

Thanks for the racing, guys! :cool:

Why oh why didn't I discover this earlier?
As usual, I'm off-pace by 3-4secs per lap, but still....
This is so much fun it's freaky. :D
I did actually manage a 2:01.15 earlier in off-line practice, but obviously when there's an audience that obstinately refuses to re-appear. :roflmao:
Anyway. . . .

Race 1 was probably the most fun for me.
Obviously off-pace, but never more than I had someone I could see in front of me.
Then people started misjudging their lines, and suddenly I had people behind me.
Eerrr. . . Okay, not sure what to do about that.;)
Final two laps had me and @Gundars Brigis swapping positions in the fight for last place, both of us with completely worn out tires.
And my apologies to Gundars. I had him right behind me in that last sweeping curve, I misjudged and had to slam on the brakes, leaving the poor guy no other option but a trip to the gravel-pit.
Sorry about that. :notworthy:

Race 2 started off alright.
I've always sucked at standing starts, which immediately dropped me a few places.
Then came a knife-fight with @Björn Golda, starring me defending as if my life depended on it. I don't mind people overtaking me, but I'll be hornswoggled if they don't have to work for it. :whistling:
Couldn't keep him behind me though, and then I made the mistake of checking my mirrors, spotting a thundering herd of cars (well, three) bearing down on me.
Inevitably I started to push a little too hard, off I went into the gravel, and that was the last I saw of any cars the rest of that race.
Well, with the exception of @Dennis Phelan who took a trip into the gravel as well.
Which would've been fine, if his car hadn't decided to spin back across the track as I came by.
That was a near-miss close enough for me to utter something unprintable loud enough to wake both my snoozing cats. :confused:

As always, great fun.
Thanks for the racing.

Cheers,
Lars

This is a well traveled track for those that hang out at RD R07. It is fast, I love the sweeping turns, heaven even if I'm not fast through them. I picked a BMW today as I thought the track would suit it well and after fighting to find a setup that covered most of the bases I was very happy with my drive. OK, it was 2 seconds slower than a lap in my backup car for the race, an Alfa, GTA but it felt good to be able to drive the Beemer and not just fight it.

An off time for the Superpole lap but we have to expect that. Testing launches during Warmup enabled me to get off the line very well in the BM for once. Can't take anything for granted.

R1: Can I remember? Reg Snr pulls a way with Daniel in tow as Gundars slowly closes on me during the first laps. A close pass at T1 has me wait for his return to the track. I can take Gundars in the next lap but Snr has pulled a way while Lars has passed Gundars behind me. At L8 I can see Snr ahead but I'm not gaining very well on him. Snr takes a dump in the last sandlot one lap before the end. I pass but he closes and taps me off at T1, Gundars and Lars pass us and the hard work begins as I try to wrangle a way out of the front row for R2. Reggie does his best to keep me there but the cagey BMW has different ideas and pulls into the pits at the end of the last lap :rolleyes: for an R2 grid position far to the rear :O_o:

R2 My first three laps are full of Gundars and Peter. I'm forced to push my limits, amazing how that feels and it does have rewards! Peter drives away but Gundars is really close.I'm pushing really hard to get away from his BMW but all I get is a rear occasionally slipping out and tires turning to grease. The grease wins and on L8 I put too much into grass and he's by. I spin, then spin again and Lars is by. I can catch and do as he slips but put it intop the sand on the last lap and just miss catching him again as the race finishes :cry:.

9th and 10th, not great places but great races. Thank you gents!

Thursday is Thanksgiving day here in the USA, Turkey day it's called as we all sit down to a BIG dinner with turkey as the centerpiece. I won't be able to make the Thursday race for that reason but will be back for a run with the baby buggies on Friday :D

I just had a few practice runs in offline mode, and damn, these combos are really really fun.
At first I thought it was going to be difficult, but as soon as you learn how the car behave in all the corners,
I say, it's actually pretty easy. Just hope the grid will increase. As it is now, we're only 3 :(

Yeeeep - and as much as I like the combo, given the long track, I'd rather continue working on CooperColours' successor than have a three-car race, to be honest ;)

Soooo.. come on in, everyone!

Hello @Björn Golda and @Daniel Linder ,
I suggest we run but with the default setup.
It's meaningless to setup your car with risk of leaving someone behind, so it's kind of pointless driving on your own.

I think that if we go with the default setup it'll all be about driving skills .

I think that today it would be better if we "play" rather than "race".;)

I'm in! Maybe. Most likely. Alright, I'll be there. Have a skinpack link :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201448):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Aww, too bad Daniel and Peter got out early, a grid of 5 would've been something to race in :)

Well, maybe next time? Maybe we should try something different? Multi-Caterham racing with all available HP levels to give everyone the opportunity to choose what seems appropriate? Opinions? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%