RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Haha - all I can say is " Oh my. " That was pretty much the worst luck I have had in a race to date. I actually felt pretty comfortable with the track itself, but driving with a 10 man grid is nerve-racking to say the least (thank goodness we didn't fill a 25 man - THE HORROR!)

Race 1: First half overall was reasonable - I think we only had a few early casualties (sorry Gary, looked painful :/ ). Rhys knocked me a bit in a corner, but I will take some blame for that as well because 1.) In an effort to get better tire wear on my setups, I had a car with ball-bearings for wheels for the first lap and was being extra cautious at entries to turns (i.e. early braking) and 2.) somehow my rearview mirror got disabled and I didn't know the key to turn it back on :dizzy: - this led to me having to toggle the look back as my only option which wasn't always safe :/ From that point Antonio and I had a good battle for P5 over the next 5 laps until......That Alfa and Honda strewn across the track that Rhys spotted was myself and Antonio on lap 5 or so - Antonio had a spectacular incident with the second barrier at the triple chicane and I had nowhere to go so I cracked the wall next to him. He dropped from the server right after that, and the friendly announcer said my damage was irrepairable - however I was surprisingly able to continue (with my car smoking like hell) and gave gaynall a good chase for P5 until lap 10, when one of my tires finally blew out and I promptly nose-dived into a wall - leaving my poor Alfa in the condition seen in Warren's pictures :shocked:

Race 2 started off reasonably well - made it through the first lap unscathed - however second lap was another story. I still had not sorted out my rearview mirror issues and was toggling the look back feature to check on Yves position heading into the triple chicane (oops), caught a little more grass than I'd like and the rear end stepped out and this time it was I who nailed the second wall. I apologize to Yves and anyone else that was affected by that crash - probably the worst place on track to avoid an incident.

So it was bittersweet all-in-all, it was the first track that I was able to hang with the fast guys in Qual, but lady luck was not on my side and all that speed was useless :(

Good races to all, and especially to Yves for conquering that devil of a circuit. :thumb:

maybe it's a anti-virus issue? the av maybe affecting the track as your d/l it. I know I'm reaching here mate, but it's possible you have some program running in the background causing the issue?

HeHe, at least my seat wasn't the worst of it. :becky: Nice pictures Warren. What can I say - 4th at qualy - driving 2nd in race 1 which was looking good until exit of the left,right,left,right chicane. If one hits it slightly wrong then the wall comes quickly and that is what I got. Limped home to third.

Race 2 - got a good start and was happy to see Yves held up BEHIND me. after a few turns I was is second behind Mr. Lennon and then that e46 took Gary for a tour of the side of the course and I was in first. I saw Yves was about 7 seconds back, and he was closing at about a second a lap, which was still looking good for me. Then I saw Yves 14 secs, back and I was like Sweet my first win at RD. Needless to say with 2 laps left and delusions of grandeur going through my head I packed it into the wall at the first chicane - to my suprise Yves still wasn't there YEHAW he had trouble also - so i continued on thinking just drive safe -the car was pulling badly to the left though and back at the high speed leftrightleftright I packed into the wall again, doing myself in for good. that was the end for me.
What did I learn? - Don't Hit Walls....
Enjoyable races though - I find the club races reallly fun and more relaxing than the league, were one has pressure to protect their points.
Next time guys. :)

Yeah I can pretty much tell you that this is the most scary track I have ever run on. I started with practice and couldn't even finish a lap under any semblance of speed. Left Parts Primarily around the first 90 Left and the Backstretch 90Left-90Right.

Then Came Qualifying. I think I did a fair job at qualifying personally I think that I finally had learned the track and could handle some of the corners and was happy to post a sub 2.00.00 for the first time (and last) time that evening.

Race 1: Well I'm a slow starter right now there's nothing else that I can say about that. Using a joypad and having automatic on causes this to be an issue as I can't stay in Neutral for the start but then I didn't want to spin the tires. So to be honest I am learning where the best throttle is, Same goes for Race 2. Caught back up in the first chicane I believe where there was a pileup and rear ended gaynall pretty good but was still drivable. Stuck with him for a while too until I made it to the final 2 90s I believe I'd have to check my replay to see where I lost him. Made again I think 5 laps in that race and then Got a "Damage not repairable but it was apparently still driveable??? so I limped it most of the way home and burned up in a firey ball before the final Hairpin. :\

Race 2: Again Slow start, I know I need to practice starts badly but I also am still using my joypad. Slowed a number of folks down on the first lap and I believe I spun someone at the start again. Then I ended up getting into another that was actually racing for position. I ended up locking the brakes and thus locking my wheels completely and flew directly into the runoff on one of the Backstretch 90s

Finished in 4th though... woot...

Sorry to all for my slowness I'm sure I'll get better once I start to learn the car to it's tops and then can start tuning it to my driving style...

Chris - I know it seems like a large investment, but if you get to the point where you don't think you can improve any more with the gamepad a wheel setup makes all the difference in the world. The G25 is a pretty hefty investment - >$200 USD, but a reasonably priced unit can be found from thrustmaster:

http://www.xoxide.com/thrustmaster-wheel-clutch.html

I've seen them around $100 now, and it really is a great wheel for the price. I had one of those that I gave to my brother to race with when I got the G25 (needed a wheel that worked with my PS3), but I was happy with it the whole time I used it (about a year and a half).

Even in this price range you will see a huge difference in lap times - there is a slight learning curve, but the precision of the controls combined with a much better force-feedback mechanism give you so much more feel for your car's handling (or lack of).

You can find other models even cheaper than that, but I would hesitate to recommend any of them as most of the models I've seen had build quality issues and really ended up not being any more precise than a gamepad.

If anyone knows of a cheaper model wheel that performs well feel free to recommend. I've messed around using a gamepad before when I did not have a wheel handy and it seemed almost unplayable to me, so you have a lot of respect from me just to be out there and being competitive with one!

• Andrew Evans

ok, i tested this out this afternoon... i ran 12 laps on the server and no crash... the only thing i did notice is that there's an occassional half-second freeze, like some kind of graphical lag, and then all is dandy...

i ran 5 or 6 laps on my local dedicated in the dry and this does not happen....

i'd like to hear about any other crashes people experience this evening before we have to take it off rain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%