RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

lets start with the qualif, went out first on the track did one hotlap which was my pb 1:51:5ish and came back in the pit and waited to see if someone would beat my time which happen with like 15 minutes left in the qualif. went out a second time and it took me 3 laps to grab the pole with a surprisely 1:50:942.

race 1 starting from the pole with the bemmer is a dream, took enought space before the first chicane to avoid any trouble, from there it was a walk in the park and took the win.

race 2, starting 8th i knew it was going to be more difficult, had a good start but got caught behind William cause of a slow starter ( i think it was Chris ).i was in 4th place after the first 2 chicanes and the first hard left someone got off giving me third place. i then start chasing Corey which made a mistake at the big fast chicane hitting the wall, i couldn't react in time and hit him hard, sorry Corey. that gave me second place behind William which i was able to catch slowly but not enough to put pressure on him. on lap 7 or 8 i suddenly saw William car going slowly on the side of the road giving first place and also the win. thanks William :pound:

overall i got it all, i think surfer's paradise is my lucky charm track :p

That event can only be described as scary. I thought some of the default street circuits were tricky, but Surfers takes the cake as damned breathtaking to drive quickly. Most of us agreed before the race started that this track was EVIL :evil: , and so it proved.
I thought Yves selected this one to attract some Aussies, which it did (Rhys and I), but we soon learned that Yves knew this one backwards, and the rest of us didn't. Gary gets the "eternal optimist" award (or was it blind stupidity :p ) for turning up cold and in a BMW E46. Mind you, it didn't look like a beemer by the time he had finished with it. :pound:

Qualy: I was all prepared to plod around at the tail, but after some practice I had improved my PB by about 4 secs. As usual, I gave up qualy half way through, put in my race distance fuel, went out for a test and beat my best time by another 0.4 secs. :rolleyes: So I started midpack in P5.

Race 1. Gary jumped a few of us off the line in his Beemer ( as usual), but all I wanted was some clean air so I could see what was coming (mainly concrete walls), so I tried to stay back a tad. It was still very scary, expecting someone to have a huge crash. I moved to P4 by the end of lap 1, thanks to some concrete casualties ahead. I settled in behind William and just tried to stay off the walls. This paid off fairly quickly as Gary played concrete ping pong, letting me through. He filled my mirrors for a couple more laps until he went to play ping pong again. :amen: It then became a case of hanging on to William and waiting to see if he would make a mistake (pretty likely here). He obliged on lap 6 coming through the tripple chicane, so now I had P2 with William's Seat in my mirrors. It was looking pretty ugly though, no front end, so I knew he wouldn't be able to stay with me. I then drove as carefuly as I could and pulled away for a comfortable P2. Yves was having dinner in the pits by the time we finished though.

Race 2. Oh Oh! Rhys car spawned on top of mine on the starting grid. Looks like he then escaped to avoid any problems, thanks Rhys. By lap 3 I had moved to P3, again plenty of demolition up front, but I kept understeering off that rotten left hander at the end of the long straight, and this time I went nose first into the wall. It didn't do the handling much good, but the car was still driveable. On lap 7, I caught Yves (must have had some drama) and just after lapping Chris, he tagged me under brakes after the straight (yep my favourite spot again), sending both of us through the barriers and down the escape road. Now the car was very ordinary, but the Honda still wanted to continue. I set out after Gaynall and reeled him in but ran out of time to pass before the race finished. Finished P3. At last I could relax. Phew.

Thanks to all who attempted this dastardly track. Grats to Yves for two easy wins. Next time, pick a track where you are at least challenged. Actually, that was a very impressive drive from you Yves. :thumb::thumb:

See you all next time.:)

Yep, sorry Gaëtan, I checked the replay to see who it was. No apology needed mate, it was my fault, you are entitled to brake when you want to, it was my job to avoid you. I nearly missed but sadly just clipped you as I pulled to the right. Very sorry for that, you were driving very well at that stage and looking good. :thumb:

Qualifying: I knew I wasn't going to be in tip-top shape for the fastest times, but Yves, you blitzed everybody, and that scared me. I was afraid that, given more time and less fuel, you would break into the 1:49s... Anyway, I started 6th, which was pretty good.

Race 1: Got away well, and while I got involved in a few dices with death on the first lap and gave Corey a hard knock on the penultimate turn, everything went well. I gained 2 positions in the esses when I came across an Alfa and a Honda plastered all over the walls on opposite sides of the track. I finished 4th, which is my best RaceDepartment finish so far.

Race 2: Dang it! I spawned on top of Warren's car, which meant I had to return to the pits and miss out on race 2. I watched the start, and Gary's demolition derby first lap, when I noticed that the positions and time differences were not showing up in the Race Monitor. Due to this, I decided to leave in order to not stuff something up.

Very enjoyable event, and now I know that Yves is a man to watch out for on Surfer's Paradise!

I hope everybody takes this as tongue in cheek, but I had such a laugh looking at the end of the replay of Race 1 in the pits (mainly). I think these piccies illustrate just how dangerous a track Surfers Paradise is.

No names provided to protect the guilty, but who can guess which one belongs to Gary. :evil:

Attachments

• Surfers 1.JPG
    Surfers 1.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Surfers 2.JPG
    Surfers 2.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Surfers 3.JPG
    Surfers 3.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Surfers 4.JPG
    Surfers 4.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Surfers 5.JPG
    Surfers 5.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Surfers 6.JPG
    Surfers 6.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Surfers 7.JPG
    Surfers 7.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Surfers 8.JPG
    Surfers 8.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Andrew Evans

doesn't sound good, lee...

gonna do a long run myself later - would appreciate feedback from anyone else that can give it a decent run also...

looks like we might be running in the dry after all :(

Will try tonight a testrun on the server.
Concerning the wings: with me it was greyed out during all 3 testruns I had yesterday.
Only 3 races with 8 laps (double tyre & fuel usage, I tried rain & hard rain). No issues encountered

• Andrew Evans

guys, we've added a second server sign-up at the top of the thread, so if the demand is there, we'll totally run both... so keep em coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 158 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%