RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow what a race LOL. Still nervous and shaky/sweaty but here goes.

Quali - I came in 30secs or so before quali started. I was not happy getting here at the last minute and the whole family knew it LOL. I was doing setup changes during quali and didn't put together any good times. I believe I got 6th.

Race 1 - got a great start and was battling with Peter for the first set of corners. I tried to keep it clean. The back side is where I managed to get up to P3 and from there I was in a pretty stable spot. Until the end of the first lap when I I was behind Keith(?) by barely 1sec and then BAM! I ran right into him (ghost) and I spun off the front straight doing 180 clicks LOL. I was like WTF just happened? I spun backwards all the way to the chicaine and almost gathered up Gary L(?) so I just let him by and settled into P3 again. I was so ticked off hahahah I just started laughing. At least my reflexes are quick - watching the replay is hilarious. I can just imagine what Gary behind me was thinking. Hmmm, typical rookie mistake to spin on the front straight hahaha. I was getting close to reeling in Marty up until the half way mark when Peter started filling my mirrors. Pressure!!! Whew, I couldn't concentrate. Lap 7 I got P2 after passing Marty - alright!!! That only lasted a few laps though and I caved under pressure - back to P3 it was. What an amazing 3rd race ever - hey I finished 3rd on my 3rd race.

Race 2 - what a mess of a start LOL. People were playing pinball machine and I was trying to stay out of the carnage. This is a tough track to pass and I'll just say that I was not as clean with my buddy Eric as I should have been. I was love tapping him all over the place. Hmmm, poor choice of words LOL. At one point, Eric brake checked me on the back of the track and I got nailed by someone which made me hit Eric hard! We were both sideways on the track so I just braked and waited for Eric to get back up to speed. Ultimately I finished 5th in this race. Great fun I tell you!

Thank you all for an awesome race and thanks RD!!!

hahah... I think you "tapped" me like 7 times in the few laps you were behind!! :) I was laughing my butt off!!

Very impressive Mitch to be running up front so early!! give the man another couple of months and he will get the "alien" title!! :laugh2:

hahah... I think you "tapped" me like 7 times in the few laps you were behind!! :) I was laughing my butt off!!

Very impressive Mitch to be running up front so early!! give the man another couple of months and he will get the "alien" title!! :laugh2:

Thanks man. Especially thanks because you got me competitive by helping with setup. You're the setup Dr. and I'd easily be two secs off pace without it! Also, you're like David C. hard to pass man. Block jaw and all - nearly impossible and I can see you smiling in your rearview the whole way! :laugh2:

Guys, I have made changes to the initial post. Please note the following:

1. We will be using the Superpole Qualifying system (see below for details) Thanks for pointing me to these Warren.
2. It will be a Manual Rolling Start. It is a long race and hopefully this will assist with clean opening laps...

Superpole explanation:

In that 15 mins, you have to go out and do three laps:
1. Out lap
2. Hot lap
3. In Lap.

While you are on the track, you don't see other cars and you can't hit them. You are alone. Others can watch you though in the monitor.
Your hotlap is the qualy lap, only one chance. If you escape during The Outlap or Qualy lap, you get no time recorded and you go to the back of the grid for start.

Rolling Start Explanation:

Start Procedure

Please read closely to avoid a mess at the start.
It is very important these instructions are followed strictly! We do a Manual Rolling Start. Every driver places himself on the grid as usual and
waits for the red starting lights to go on and off. When the lights go off the
Formation Lap starts; not the race!

Keep to the following instructions:
1. The leader starts the Formation Lap first and then every car simply follows him
one by one.
2. The Formation Lap is driven in a single file: one line.
3. The speed in the formation laps lies between 80 and 120 km/h (50 and 75
mph).
4. When the leader enters the final turn, the race starts.
5. No one is allowed to overtake before the start/finish line.
6. If you spin or go off track, you wait for the whole field to pass and rejoin at the
back of the line.
7. Sudden stops, brake tests and excessive swaying are forbidden during the
formation lap
NOTES:
1. Try to keep up with the car in front of you. Speed up a bit if needed, but keep it
reasonable and watch your surroundings closely.
2. To avoid the harmonica-effect always try to speed up and slow down carefully. Do
not hit the throttle or brake like a maniac!

• Eric Soeters

Welcome to the club Eric. Hope you have some fun racing with all us.

If you need a hand with anything lemme know and I will do my best to help out.

Well, to start with, I'm still not added to the list? Is there a reason for?

Furthermore yesterday I downloaded the track and started practicing with the Radical. I still have one problem. When shifting back before a corner the rear wheels seem to lock, and if I only just steer a little bit, my back breaks out.
Furthermore, pitstop? 2 stop strategy? I'm not the fastest driver so I think best is to do as less stops as possible without wearing the tyres down?

What about Teamspeak? Is it online everytime or does nobody really uses it? I already added the server to my favs.

I'm really excited and hope not to mess up, so I take it slowly... You can't win a race in the first corner, but you can lose it... :disapointed:

One more question. Time is that CET or UK time? Just to be sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back