RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Steve Perryman

Name on RD forum: Steve Perryman
Game in game: Steve Perryman

Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Caterham 320, obviously
Special remarks: Should be able to make it ok.

• Chris Rodgers

Well that sucked. Crossing the line to complete lap 1 race 1 and the POS game minidumps on me :( Hope my car didn't freeze on-track and cause any carnage :O

Fingers crossed that it'll behave better tomorrow night for the Cats at Ruapuna!

• Andrew Dawes

Well that sucks!

Q10 with a huge imporvement late in qual.
Up to 5th and running well after 1 lap. Still 5th after 4 laps and hassling ahmet when suddenly ahmet slows dramatically on the straight. I swerve to avoid and carry on. But i get the distinct feeling something is wrong. :confused2:After a lap and a half i've seen enough cues to confirm times aren't updating and the freeze is probably on my end. :excruciating: I pull over and exit to pits. I never get connection back. :shock:

I just hope that my driving on the circuit for a lap afterwards didn't have any impact on anyone.

I might have been in for a decent result too as i was 5th and preserving tyres.:angry:

Race 1: P3
Qualified 4th and had a great race at the front with Rafael, Warren, Richard and Mehmet, congratulations Warren great drive :D, between races I decided to plug my mic in as it was hanging down and annoying me but my game went to desktop and when I came back into the game it was flickering badly and I couldn't drive :(, was really looking forward to race 2 and I'm gutted, thanks Cam and RD it was good while it lasted :)

Grrrrrrr..... :angry:

I thought I had my connection sorted out. It was not to be. Everyone was jumping all over the place, and froze when I went out of the pits, culminating in that terrible message: "Connection Lost." I just wanna kill something right now. :at-wits-end:

What a way to end my year of Aussie racing, eh? :disapointed: Oh well. When I'm in Brisbane, I'll see how things are going if I get access to a computer. Hope you guys had fun, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :thumb:

well that was fun .even though i finished last in both races .
thanks to cam and all participants for a great event ,and to the winners congrats.a big thanks to gunther for keeping me company at the end of race 2,made for and interesting finish to the race .
merry christmas to all
regards
Olaf.j Linortner (olly)

Really enjoyable mornings racing.

Race1
Started last and through a few spinoffs by other people ended up 8th, knocking 3 seconds off my pb in the prosses. Chuffed to bits.

Race2
Oh Noooooo! pole position for me (not good for a bad starter). Did my usual slow start so tried to stay out of the way as much as possible and finished first lap somewhere round 7th or 8th i think. Had a great fight later in the race with Keith, very clean and fair and ended 6th. Chuffed to bits more.

Overall probably the cleanest, fairest races i have had at Racedepartment, congratulations to both podiums and all racers on a great event.

Thanks Cam for organising and RD for hosting.

• Jerome Benard

Very nice races for me.

I start at the rear of the grid bu i have enjoyable battle with Keith and Gunthar in the first race, thanks guys :beer::beer:

In second race i try to rest in the good group but its not possible for me.
I manage to save my place because Wally come back behind me.
A time battle with him in the lasts laps, nice :highfive:

Thanks all, a very nice event for my sunday morning :clap:

ps= look that post because i'll post many screen of the race later.

had joined with Z4 initially but switched to Gillet when saw it may turn into a BMWfest.

quali
New pb in this strange, beautiful handling but dog slow in straights car!

race 1
good start but got boxed in a bit when there was a wee incident. no points up for grab so just sat waiting patiently to go again. ended up near the back but soon got into a rythmn. great battles with Gunthar and Jerome. J was also in a Gillet and was great fun with the two of us picking on the Aston of G. :) crossed 9th.

race 2
another good start saw me get as high as 5th at one point, but then the others with the "power engines" started to go past. got into a battle with Bob who really made me work my tyres and with 3 laps to go they had gone. could keep pace or at least match him in the corners but on straights the z4 pulled away. crossed in 7th a very happy bunny.

great racing from all in both races, very courtious and clean. best sunday morning race i've had. everyone deserves a pat on the back.

Well that was a nice race to finish the year with for me. Were you all giving me a Christmas present? :laugh2:

I chose the BMW to give me a change from my League Viper, and it sure is easier to drive.

Qualified about P6 or P7 I think, with my best time too.

Race 1. Started ok for once, and concentrated on staying clean. That worked well as cars in front had spins or incidents with others, allowing me to move comfortably to P3 behind Raphael and David. We had a great close race for many laps :) and thanks to a couple of small mistakes by both I was able to take the lead about half distance. I was able to slowly pull a gap to David behind me but for the final two laps Richard's Astin was catching fast. I managed to keep it clean and take the win, very rare for me. :beer::beer::laugh2:

Race 2. Didn't start too well, then made some small mistakes to be about P9 early. Again, a few mistakes up front and a few passes and I moved to P4. I couldn't find the same rhythm this race and ended up concentrating on keeping clean and tidy. Bit lonely this time, but was enough to finish P4.

Surprisingly, P1 overall for the night. Obviously my Christmas present from everyone, thanks. :handshake: :beer: :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%