rF2 Caterham Academy @ Zandvoort79 - Fri Dec 18th

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed tonight's race!

Unfortunately the infamous nvidia lockup struck me on the grid for the first race. Hope i did not cause any problems when the lights went green. Usually one can still see the track (sort of) when it recovers, but the windscreen was purple this time round and i had to park it when i regained control of the car.

Race 2 had a very close race with Nigel. Thanks mate. Good race! :smile:

Race one Sam quite literally cleared off up the road big style,leaving me Pete Thommo & Nige to squabble over first of the losers slot :p....like finishing postitions mattered a rats ass??...Pete and Thommo done the tangle tango and i decided to let Nige back in the game,and as a bonus Thommo recovered and joined in too,saw Nige going for the Reliant Robin look on the exit of T1,Thommo's pace to the end made me think what might have been?... :).
Race 2 i made a public declaration that Sammy boy would'nt be getting away so easy this time....as a response to that he instantly proceeded to pull away from the off :D :good:,but unlike race one i could hang with Peter,and even attempt passes at certain places,Thommo always in the rear view as well until he suddenly checked up and pulled of at T1?? :noidea:,then at the final turn was it??,me tucked up behind Peter go past a side on Sam in a plume of smoke,now we both embark on a long battle to the finish for the win....passing and being passed,so so difficult to do,im talking about 4 laps of build up to get the job job....it ranks up there amongst my finest most fun sim races of 09 :).

Many Thanks Thommo & RD

cat1s.jpg

cat2m.jpg

cat3w.jpg

cat4f.jpg

Thanks for the screenies Can, the guys over at WR would certainly have a giggle seeing all their cars being driven by strangers, lol.

These things must have a chuckle injector built in, huge grins were in evidence everywhere, I could hear Stuart and Nigel's on TS and I think I could actually see them on Gary and Peter's face ingame, the track choice was perfect for them too with enough places to get the draft working and enough corners to make it pay, excellent fun, especially in Race 2 when I had to come back through after spinning it out of the final turn, some of the best mannered racers around helped no end to up the enjoyment quotient so you all deserve accolades, thanks guys.

Sam

well after a superb nights racing i finally had a go at making a video, this is my very 1st attempt and it probebly took me 3 times what it should have done. but i`m resonably pleased with the result and over the next few days i`ll have a stab at doing one for race 2.

enjoy and feel free to leave your commenst and tips if you have any :glasses-cool:

ZOMG!!! Niiiige!!?? Nige is it you?...is that really you!?..fantastic stuff...Brilliant and superb!!! :good:.

Comments: Mental music? :p,your too old for that thumpety bumpity hippiddy hoppidy dance trance stuff now geezer eh??...on saying that...i did look out me old Hi-Vis vest-glosticks-airhorns & whistles and did indeed make some large shapes!!.
Tips: Edit out the bits where i go off and look rubbish :D :good:..

You knows we must have the big epic race two please...looking forward to another Nigel B. Demille production :good: :good:.

You knows we must have the big epic race two please...looking forward to another Nigel B. Demille production :good: :good:.

ok just finished race 2 and about to start uploading to the tinternet, i`m getting the hang of capturing and editing the vid and i think this one is much better, but i`ll be bugged if i can find some suitable music, i spent almost as long searching through my mp3 colection as i did making the images and still ended up using some dance music, so if you dont like the music i`m affarid its tuff i`m an ancient raver through and through :laugh2::in-love:

ok finally manged to get the video split as it was like 19mins and 2.5gb in size, there was just to much bloody good batteling going on to make it much shorter. so i`m uploading it to youtube so you can view it in HD, but it`ll be in in 2 parts and take over 13hrs to upload both vids. so if stu could please leave this thread open i`ll post em here as soon as there done :coffee2:

Could well be a job for the rF movies section Nige?,your debut creations dont deserve to gradually get lost in the mists of events past,i say get em shifted to the permanent Movies sectionez' :thumbsup:

I won't be closing nuffink, squire. Top vidding, btw. :good:

The Academy Cats will make a return on Fri Jan 8th. I think I've found another track that'll give us racing like last Friday, with scope for some rascally slipstreaming again :dance2:

(suggestion for future movie soundtracks, btw - Get A Move On by Mr. Scruff & On Her Majesty's Secret Service by Propellerheads)

I was slightly gutted about R2, I got a bit too lairy in the slipstream into T1 and lost it, so I missed out on being the third participant of the Gog/Lenno shenanigans :disapointed:

Of course it then got worse as I bounced off the kerb, knocked a wheel off and caught fire :dance2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%