rF2 Caterham Academy @ Watkins Glen - Fri 20th May, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had fun last night, first time I'd driven the cars in any sort of anger coming in 20 minutes before practice but they were pretty easy to adapt to, if not squeeze the extra half a second from.

Qualied on pole with a tow from Nige for the first race, could have possibly been a 16, but 17.4 in the end.

In the race I got a good start, but the normal advantage of leading out of T3 does not work here :). Back to 5th. Then coming up the hill at the boot I get loose on the outside of Nige and dropped back to around 9th. Was fighting with Bob and Robert on lap 2 or 3? and I got a big twitch on in T4, having not experienced it befoer I simply span like a noob. All I could do was stop the car and hope no-one hit me, but Dmytro was unlucky and collected me, involving 4 other cars also. I almost forgot to press ESC, being agog at the carnage. Race over.

Qualified 5th for R2 with a scruffy lap but not bothered, top 6 is fine with these.

True to what I thought I was in the lead by T4 as it was four wide ahead and I was spoilt for choice, plus Evan and Ross got a little contact. I led actually by myself until around lap 6 as they squabbled behind. First Erik then Evan had a go. Erik span out, Evan got past a couple of times and Bob M caught up to add in the mix.

In the final lap I knew where I needed to defend and I only had to defend in one of the two corners, as Evan got out shape in the downhill hairpin, and I took the win.

I think why it seems the racing is not clean compared to other leagues is due to how close you race in these cars compared to others. In fast GT cars, for the most part there are larger gaps in between competitors. In these slow cars however, the field stays pretty bunched up. Reminds me a lot of the Skoda's.

Either way, it is very fun. As long as people protest incidents the day after the race, problems should sort themselves out. Just my take. I would love to see a Caterham league.
Not quite sure why you ask for leagues when you don't turn up for them? :confused:

^ Don't know if you read my post about all the crap I have been going through with my father getting seriously injured. Pretty much all PC use stopped for a few months, I have been running my parents business since November now. Things are beginning to become normal again kind of.

If you look back prior to me racing here, I was averaging 240 races per 300 days. Also, if you have noticed, the past two weeks or so I have been in quite a few races here.

Not being defensive in any way, just some things became more important than online racing. If no one can understand that than I can find some new people to race with somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back