rF2 Caterham Academy @ Snetterton 64 - Friday 16th July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
well what can i say waaahhhppp i gopt my 1st RD win :)

1st race was really cool at the start come home 5th

2nd race started from pole :) then well it was madnes for 25 mins saw stu try to put his cat up a tree sorry to see you put out stu :( but then me jeff and paul was at it for about 3 to 4 laps the paul had a spin and left me and jeff to it it was the race of my life and good to race with 1 of my mates aswell.

so thanks stu and the rest of the guys who gave an awsome race so see you all next week thanks :) :) :)

Big Up The Cats Baby Yeah

I am very sorry but I am not sure if I will make it to the race because my internet goes SO slowly and I get several screen freezes on rFactor for a first time and that happens when I drive online ONLY so I fear that I won't be able to race today and I felt so happy to race at Snetterton.

Well I hope you will have fun but I will do my best to fix this internet issue before the race time.

Giorgos,

Just as a question, do you have the lobby chat working when you're in the server selection list to join the game? i had the same problem for a couple of weeks.....if you go into your multiplayer.ini file (right-click and open with notepad) and look for the following line:

Auto Join Chat Server="0" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up

I think the default setting is ="1", change that to 0 and chat will be disabled in the server lobby.....it helps loads :)

ps - awesome fun tonight :D

What a race, what a track, what a car choose, I enjoyed myself so much that words cant describe how I realy feel now.

Race one: I started 13th and quickly spun on T1, I could not do much since I thought I was very slow but when I started to close in to the drivers infront then my confidence started to improve and I someone was in P5 finghting with evrything I had to stay there, Me and Paul had a battle where we went Side by side lap after lap. Then someone joined us and it was a 3 wide battle. As we approched that brige I was on the outer side of the corner, Paul in the middle and the guys wich name I never managed to see in the inner.

As we all were turning I was the one who somehow lost the battle and was left behind but that turned quickly once Paul went wide onthe brige and the driver on the inner side gave alot of space so I just gave that a big shot and passed Paul and the other driver in the middle and I was so fired up that I could not belive that overtaking move I made plus I was Very happy for he great battle. But Mr. Paul doesn't know how to give up and we again had a great battle to the end I could not hold on to 5th and Paul took that possion and he diserved it alot.

Race 2 was more crazy then the first one, there were battles evry were, 3 wide battles and 4 wide wich was amazing. On the end of the first lap someone Took of and made the greatest just a caterham have ever done (It was amazing to see that jump :D ) then again I fight somehow my way up but then I get a block and thats Can who was the hardest man to pass and just stay on the new posision. We battled for 15 minutes, lap after lap with no brake. I was starting to tell my self "come on just make it stick for one Giorgos" at the end somehow I made it stick because Can spun (I hope I did not make you spin) and I was in 5th and had a clear space so I was driving for fun and had a great finish.

I would like to appologice to the driver who I made spin when I spun and he hit me to correct me but at the same time he lost control. I want to say sorry to eny other that I may have hit.

I want to thank Paul and Can for the great battle wich keept going for a long time and I want to that Stu for the GREAT track choose because I dont belive eny other track would allow drivers to battle for this long. See you next week guys and lets have more battles then.

Giorgos,

Just as a question, do you have the lobby chat working when you're in the server selection list to join the game? i had the same problem for a couple of weeks.....if you go into your multiplayer.ini file (right-click and open with notepad) and look for the following line:

Auto Join Chat Server="0" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up

I think the default setting is ="1", change that to 0 and chat will be disabled in the server lobby.....it helps loads :)

ps - awesome fun tonight :D

I do have it selected but the problem was from the internet company so I just had to wait one hour and the internet was running faster again.

As everyone's been saying; this was a great night's racing. The track was very well suited to these cars also. Qualified p3, and got up to p2 at the start. Entered into a battle with the fast-starting Stuart and Nicholas, but Nick made a break and was 2-3s away within a couple of laps. Me and Stuart tried a bit of bump-drafting to close the gap, and after a few laps of getting a system worked out we were beginning to catch him. Unfortunately Stu put a wheel on the grass and spun so i was left draft-less and didn't have the speed to keep up! Settled for 2nd and drove sensibly. Finished the race off with some splendid synchronised donuts with Nicholas.

Race 2: p5 on the grid. Made an ok start, and got into battle with Ondrej, Nicholas, Giorgos, Jeffrey and Wayne for a couple of laps, while avoiding low-flying Stuart at the exit of Coram. At one point we were 4 wide into the hairpin, me on the outside and someone in a red car on the inside with 2 others. One car slides into me, i go wide, i try to cut back but tag the back of the red car into a half-spin. I keep the throttle on and try to tag his front-end back round, but he spins. The next lap, i cede the position back (while also losing 4-5 spots myself) and set about moving up the field again. Have a nice battle with Giorgios and Ondrej, while avoiding another low-flying Caterham at the exit of Coram again, and gradually catch Paul who's recovering from a spin. We have a tight duel for a few laps, until on the last lap he takes too much speed into the 3rd-last corner, gets it broadside in front of me, i dodge to the right, he;s already there, i'm pointing backwards, but we both rejoin quickly, and he kindly lets me through to take the final podium slot. You're a gent!

Meanwhile, Wayne and Jeffrey are having a race-long battle out there by themselves. Well done Wayne on your first win!

Great Cat track, thanks everyone for some great racing, and thanks to Stuart for organising!

My first thought about this weeks racing is this: Please be extra careful through the first few corners! Drivers were spun in both races right at the start. My apologies to the drivers I T-boned, but there wasn't much I could do.

Still good racing though. I was let down by my own desire to go faster than the grip levels would let me.

**EDIT** Jeff, that clip is mental lol. :D

Well i don't even know where to start........

Qualified well enough for race 1 (5th) but got a bit of a boggy start that saw me 9thish into T1.....saw Hans catch the grass and start to get sideways, cut in to avoid him, saw him spinning, cut in some more and juuuuuust got clipped so had a spin.....bugger!. Got away again behind Tim in 13th place and the battling started there - swapped places with Tim for a couple of laps (i.e. about 150 times haha) and managed to shake him off but saw we'd managed to move up a couple of positions in the meantime with cars getting in the grass.....pushed and pushed and pushed and caught the next pair (Nigel and Giorgos i think) and had the mother of battles with them :D Giorgos got me into the Bombhole with the pass he's previously described, i got him back at Riches (around the outside!!! yaaaay lol) and just managed to get away in the final minutes to secure sixth :) .......

.....which would have me on Pole for race 2....ohmigod....

....which i then lost by having to leave the game to reset my misbehaving FFB.....

....bugger.

Ah well, the car felt good and i knew the times were decent enough so set away from the back in race 2 and got a great start, managed to miss the action in T1 and the hairpin on lap 1 and found myself in 6th on the back of the leading train! Knuckled down, did my bestest and managed to catch up with Wayne and Jeffrey who were drawing away from the pack in P1 and 2.....had a couple of attempts at leading (ohmigod again!) but couldn't get away and then a couple of laps later it got away from me going into the hairpin for the slowest laziest noobiest spin....onto the inner bank and i'm beached for a second but managed to get going again but i was 8 seconds off the pair with Ross a couple of seconds off me....next lap and it locked up into the hairpin again and Ross is a second off me and then the battling started again hehe....superb stuff, all fair but no quarter asked or given....well, we get to the final lap and i'm thinking 'ok if i can get on the inside for the bridge i can outbrake him into Bombhole and hold the line from there' which kinda worked.....until i was halfway through the ciorner and under the bridge and realising i'm off line for the right and it's all getting a bit scary and his engine's screaming in my ear....so i braked and round she went to the left....caught it and it went right and Ross was there and i clipped his nose and round he went....well didn't i feel stoopid....so i figured he had the place and 5th was nowhere near so i figured Ross deserved a sip of bubbly.....4th was still a great result (my best for Cats i think) so it's all good :)

Absolutely brilliant fun last night, many many thanks to all of you, and of course to Stuart for the inspired track choice :D

caterhams-1.png

Group hug! XD

After seeing a few of the vids and pics, it would seem like quite a few of us don't have the skinpack installed.

There are a lot of us with personal skins that make the grid look really nice and colourful, so please install it for the full effect.

Great race evening again,
I was a bit proud on my Q p3 with my fastest lap of the evening, after reschedule by Stu because of a lot DQ, still on p4 on the start,throw it all away in the first corner ,making a big mes of it Sorry to the guys that go off trough this.
rejoin on p14 dead last ,but during the race catch up Tim an Neil, Tim made a mistake an passing Neil in the last lap after he made a mistake to.Fin the race p12

Race 2;
Starting from p12 saying to myself to look out in the first corner , on p 10 going in but the same thing happen, Ben lost the car so off again p13 , at the end of lap 1 found my self on p11 Stu in the pits en Nicholas on the grass waiting.
After a few laps a group in front of me with Ben, Nigel, Ondrej an Can battling together, so closing in an catch Ondrej but he stay close behind,turning in before the bridge Ondrej already on the inside so we touch an that send me off (my fault Ondrej) missed the Bridge but killed the Rabbit.
Then I found Neil again having some nice fights together ,in lap 9 we where in the fight between Stuart an Nicholas going 4 wide trough some corners having each our own battles,
Neil try to go on the inside hit me an send me off,waiting so we could continue,I made a slip off on the same place Neil did no laps enough to catch up fin. on p 12 just behind Neil.
GRAB_000 (2).jpg
Big fun tonight ,thanks Neil,grats podium an thanks Stuart

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back