rF2 Caterham Academy @ Salzburgring - Fri 23rd March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Race Summary
r1 was fantastic, dicing with Chris from the start. I span later in the race which put me into last!
The climax was phenomenal with Chris and me dicing on the last lap and at the last corner...

We collided! I did a Mark Webber! I rolled it. I was about to explode when Chris, a good sportsman let me through and took 5th place.

r2 was not as exciting, I qualified in 5th place and had a great start, sadly it turned to misfortune as I span out.. (again) leaving me in last place (again) I had a fantastic battle with David until I shifted down too quickly and lost control.. (...again) I finished in 7th.
I'll defo be back next week! Great Fun :D

I'm one of the slowest but still not that far off the pace. A small sign of hope for me yet.

Some careless offs in Race 1 put we way behind, but I had a good battle going with Paul near the end. I was right on his back bumper going through the first part of the last chicane and was getting ready to try a slipstream coming out, but I applied a tad too much gas which caused surprising spin and he was gone. Seconds later, to my surprise, I passed Kjell who had an unfortunate off at the first chicane and I was able to hold him off for one lap ( I believe) to take second to last place.:D . I must apologize for cutting the 1st chicane twice in a row on some drivers but I was on the inside lane, approaching the corner, and looking over the cars to my left for my braking marker I mistakingly used a small white building ( gazebo ?) as the marker which put me extremely late for the braking. Of course I shot through like a rocket and in one instant I unfairly passed two drivers. I never waited because I did not want to cause an accident and I knew they would soon catch and pass me anyway so I just slowed a little.

Race 2 started well and after a lap or two I found myself in 4th spot ( others had problems obviously ). After a few laps ill-fate arrived unexpectedly and I was involved in first chicane encounters with others two laps in a row which resulted poorly for all and that put me at the back and that is where I stayed until the end.:(

Grats to podiums, thanks Stu, cheers to all drivers.

Don't bother, as you will not be permitted to join - you were driving somewhere else, therefore had access to the internet, but still didn't have the decency to sign out here.

I can understand you think this way. My appoligies, as i didn't know these races were at the same time untill i discovered that after the other race.

I'm happy to race next week if you let me!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back