AC Caterham Academy @ Road Atlanta Short - Wednesday 2 October 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race last night, thanks to everyone that came out and thanks to Scott for hosting as always. That car was trickier to get speed out of than I expected, it was a fun challenge!

I'll probably have to sit out next week. I think I've mentioned it before, but I have an old shoulder injury that sim racing sometimes causes to flare up and it started hurting me practicing for a couple hours for yesterdays race, and got worse during the race. I should probably take a week off and do my stretches daily for a couple weeks and it will go back to normal. :( We'll see though, maybe it will get better more quickly.

A couple guys asked about my track car last night, here is a picture of it:
Ei0WOw2.jpg

It's really nothing special, just an E30 BMW with some bolt-on work, but it's fun. Sadly, it has been sitting for a few years due to some weird family stuff that I won't get into. That's really why I bought my wheel and got into sim racing last year, I've described it as methadone to my track day heroin :roflmao: I didn't expect to enjoy the sim racing as much as I do, so I really appreciate the community here that allows me to get back in to it even if it's virtually.

Anyway, I also need to give credit to @scottiedawg66 for his shifter repair video. I did the repair last weekend and I don't think I've had a single mis-shift in the few hours I've driven since then, and it had gotten to where I could barely get through a lap before, so I really appreciate it.

Oh, I also meant to ask, is there a way to get Assetto Corsa to save full race replays? I always get just the last lap of the race, and sometimes I would like to go back to watch mistakes I made, see if there was something I could have done better to avoid contact, or just figure out who to apologize to the next day :D

I know I had two incidents of contact in the second race last night but they were behind me so I'm not 100% sure who with or what happened, so sorry to whoever it was, I hope I didn't cut across your nose or something!

Oh, I also meant to ask, is there a way to get Assetto Corsa to save full race replays? I always get just the last lap of the race, and sometimes I would like to go back to watch mistakes I made, see if there was something I could have done better to avoid contact, or just figure out who to apologize to the next day :D

In replay settings, you just have to set it at a lower quality and move the max replay file size to the maximum setting. Content manager gives you a guess as to how many minutes of footage the settings will allow, but it’s not accurate (tends to be lower times in reality), so adjust accordingly.

In replay settings, you just have to set it at a lower quality and move the max replay file size to the maximum setting. Content manager gives you a guess as to how many minutes of footage the settings will allow, but it’s not accurate (tends to be lower times in reality), so adjust accordingly.
Thank you! I'll mess around with this and figure out the settings I need.

I think I used the medium or low quality setting, not sure of the exact setting as I’m at work.
Cool, I'm sure I can figure it out. You don't happen to have the replay from last night do you? Although it's probably prohibitively big now that I think about it...

Cool, I'm sure I can figure it out. You don't happen to have the replay from last night do you? Although it's probably prohibitively big now that I think about it...

I do have it...I haven’t checked to make sure it contains both races but I do have a replay. I can upload and post a link; I think the replay file size limiter is set to 1 GB.

I do have it...I haven’t checked to make sure it contains both races but I do have a replay. I can upload and post a link; I think the replay file size limiter is set to 1 GB.
Awesome, thanks! Don't go to much trouble if it's a bunch of work though. I got mine set up when I got home from work, so I should at least be good to go from now on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back