rF2 Caterham Academy @ Le Mas Du Clos - Friday 29th January 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superpole means you only get 3 laps to set a qualifying time.

lap 1 = out lap
lap 2 = timed lap
lap 3 = in lap

Do any more than this, you get a DQ from qualifying, meaning you start the race at the back of the grid.

Tobias, when you enter lobby, arrange servers by mods. hit refresh and find those running Caterham Cup. There should only be a few so its alot faster to find server that way. Hope it makes sense.

I just had a freeze in the 2nd race:( And that race looked so promising! I finally had realfeel back and the car felt great. And what a close grid! Very nice racing with Tobias in the start

I'll definitely be back for more of this!

Terrific evenings racing. Race 2, I was enjoying holding off someone when coming into the last turn before the home straight, the car decided to take a look at the scenery on the left. Bang! Engine caught fire, goodnight Vienna. :7: I was going to leave when I latched on to the Roelandt/Diaz battle. Carlos resisted very heavy pressure for a loooong time. Flashing lights 'n' all! Oliver finally made a great move into T1 and made it stick. Nice one. :) I half expected that Carlos' will to live would have deserted him, but no! :ooh: He was al over the back of Oliver for the rest of the race. Among all that very close racing there was just one small bump. Well done fellas. I'm glad I stuck around. :D

Holy crap, I LOVE these Cat races!!!

Race 1 I had a lot of fun with Ron and then an awesome battle with Ivo, who once I got past he never let me put my guard down, always keeping my nerves maxed out. I think this is Ivo's first time in the Cats, I don't think I will get to battle with him again once he gets some seat time in these babies, so I will cherish that battle and log my little victory over him in a calendar somewhere, cuz it's not likely that it will happen again lol!

Race 2 I had an amazing time getting chased, then getting passed, and then chasing Oliver. What a great battle that was, we were always so close and so clean, until I screwed up a bit and tapped him a little bit in T1R. Thankfully, no one spun out and the fun went on until the very end. I was gaining pretty nicely right at the end too, but the finish line showed up a bit too early and it was over. Thanks for the awesome driving Oliver!

Thanks a great bunch for these Cat club races Stu! And also thanks to all who showed up, without you, there is no race.

Lol first time with these car but it was alot of fun!

First race i had a slow start lost two places. After a couple of laps i was settled at 4th place behind Knut but he was a little bit faster then me so pulled a away. Saw Carlos start to close the gap behind me. He overtook me after a couple of laps later but it took a couple of corners before he was past me. Maybe 5 corners wheel banging next to eachother. Great fun. :D
Battled him for a couple of laps but he managed to get a gap. Because of the battle Oliver closed the 10 seconds gap behind us. Managed to follow Carlos in the last laps and also keep the 2 second gap to Oliver. Finished 5th

Race 2: Didn't do a Q. So started 9th i think. Had again a bad start. But only lost one place. On the second straight i got tapped arround by Ron. But it was more my fault if i look at the replay. Moved to much to the right to give Stu some room so there was no way to go for Ron. Made a nice 360 and corrected it. So was 12th and start to close the gap to the guys in front. Managed to move up to 6th again. But the gap to 5th was already 15th seconds. Tried to close the gap to Stu. But failed to do so. So ended up 6th.

Fun little cars. They can be a handfull and i didn't really expected that. :D
Nice controlled drifting with the car and who said the FF from rFactor is not good. :D

Thanks Stu for racing. :)

Edit:

Don't exaggerate Carlos. ;)
We will meet again. :D

Another perfect fit of a track for these perfect Cats,i went for the Hermy setup posted in this thread and had instant success with it,away from pole with Sam in close attendance,he gradually dropped off then somehow DNF'd himsel,so a stress free cruise home :).
Tried to qual about 8th or so but ended up 6th when loads didnt qual at all,it was the lols how tight it all was from the lights :D,had to back my nose out a couple of potentially dodgy looking situations and appeared to be storming my way down the field a bit,once things had settled slightly and there was some room to work with i got a wriggle on had huge enjoyment chasing and passing,room always given as usual :),final chase on Sam took a bit longer and i think it was a case of attrition really so no big fight was put up when i arrived,still enjoyed my run to the finish.
Many thanks all gents i raced near tonight.
Thank You Stu & RD

Try the standart FFB without feelreal or realfeel or any other modification Ivo, that will change your thinking about RF's FFB is not bad :)

btw glad you all had fun cant wait for the next round as i will have my wheel till then

Try the standart FFB without feelreal or realfeel or any other modification Ivo, that will change your thinking about RF's FFB is not bad :)

btw glad you all had fun cant wait for the next round as i will have my wheel till then

It was more like pointed to the people that always say that there is no proper FF and thats the reason they don't play rFactor.
Indeed you need to do some modification to get a result but when you have that it's great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%