rF2 Caterham Academy @ Donington Park National - Fri 26th February

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it may be different to other events rules, but I don't think it's strange.

The laptimes people post up tend to be set on empty tracks in optimum conditions and bear no real resemblance to what happens once the tracks get crowded.

Also some quick laptimes can discourage entries, some people can get into one-upmanship and then get into bad habits trying to shave hundredths which translate into rotten lines during races etc.

So I found it's better just to not discuss it, people just turn up, find out where they are and go.

Well, it may be different to other events rules, but I don't think it's strange.

The laptimes people post up tend to be set on empty tracks in optimum conditions and bear no real resemblance to what happens once the tracks get crowded.
At least that's some sort of benchmark, as practicing offline on an empty track is what I'm doing :wink:

Also some quick laptimes can discourage entries, some people can get into one-upmanship and then get into bad habits trying to shave hundredths which translate into rotten lines during races etc.

So I found it's better just to not discuss it, people just turn up, find out where they are and go.

Fair enough..your house, your rules :biggrin: Never in all my years of sim racing have i come across "we don't discuss laptimes" which is why i called it strange, but there's always room for something new in my life :tongue:

Thanks for the wheel setting btw, feels much better at 900/20 :thumbup:

I have a noob question I didn't see answered anywhere yet (sorry if I didn't look in the right place): What upgrades are we allowed to use? For example there are standard and adjustable suspensions, different tyres, and so on.

Select -> Roadsport -> Academy Class. cant change much but rims, skin, gated/H-shifter.... oh and the Horn :smile:

want upgrades take the Superflight for a spin :cool: the Academy racer will be so much easier to handle after

If you don't yet have a skin in the pack, I'd ask you to not select one from the skinpack, please, as they are personal skins.

Small note on this if I may..
When I go to the Roadsport group, and the Academy Racer (as suggested elsewhere), I see no other skins for the Academy Racer other than the 00 skin. At the moment, I dont have a personal skin, is it ok to use this 00 skin, or should I be looking elsewere completly?

Sorry for being a noob!

No problem mate, we were all noobs at some stage. :biggrin:

You can choose any of the default skins from the Comet Academy, the WR Academy etc.

You are welcome to use the 00 if you wish, but have a good poke around the other folders as well, as there are loads available in there.

The suggestion to select the 00 as the base was for people who do have skins in the pack - that way everyone only has to install the skins to one place.

Best thing to do to see how many you can choose is to go into Explorer and go to your rFactor installation, and navigate to "rFactor\Gamedata\Vehicles\Caterham\Academy".

Basically anything under there is good to go. :thumbup:

yes, the pw got changed last week, but you weren't around so you might not have noticed. Check it in the same place you mention to the other Stuart.
I thought you changed to accommodate Frédéric Ducommun. So this is a permanent change? Don't answer, I'll take it as a 'yes' :biggrin:

EDIT: Ooo! New donator badges. :wink: Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back