Premium
flyercats.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM CATS
Mod: Caterham v1.75
Class: Academy class
Track: Donington Park National
Day/Night: Day
Event start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins (before first race only)
Qualification: 3 laps superpole
Warmup: 2 min (if required)
Race: 2 x 25 min races
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The password for the mod will be passed via PM after a sign up post has been made if you have not driven the mod before.
Note3: RD Caterham Skinpack v1.1 - Download here
Note4: If you want to use one of the add-on skins above, for simplicity's sake, please buy and use the "Roadsport -> Academy Racer" vehicle (purple "00"), and then drop the skins in the 'rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Caterham\Academy\skins' folder. You will then be able to choose the skins via the skin chooser. Go here to see a "how-to": http://forum.racedepartment.com/rfactor/28755-how-use-skins-function-rfactor.html

Entry List:

1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Anders Madsen
  3. Ron Attwood
  4. Kevin Higgins
  5. David Nichols
  6. Philippe Martin
  7. Lee Palmer
  8. Stuart Whitehead
  9. Gary Lennon
  10. Can Ozcelik
  11. Domagoj Lovrić
  12. Carlos Diaz
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Michael Herrmann (possible)

Gents - just a little info to the newer Cat drivers.

We have a running skinpack for the Caterham series, which we refresh monthly with new personal skins, re-designs etc. If you want a personalised skin, the template is available here, or you can ask in the thread and someone will probably be able to help you out. The next pack refresh will be for next week's event - 5th March 2010.

You can also use any of the many default skins available in whichever class we are running on the night. I only recommend using the "00" car if you have a skin in the pack and are using that.

If you don't yet have a skin in the pack, I'd ask you to not select one from the skinpack, please, as they are personal skins.

Also - please check out this thread here. We will be starting a 2 weekly series next week, alternating with the Club Academy events. Each season of the series will last 4 events, 8 races, and go "up" a class each season.

We start next week in the 1.4l Classic class, actually slower than the current Academy class we use regularly, but we are on some short & twisty tracks to minimise the lack of power and maximise the handling fun.

@Lee I always have to crank the brake pressure down a lot in these,and also put the brakes to some front bias....although i often move the bias forward in anything...also i found these things appreciate a little "Throttle Blip" when downshifting.

And ofcourse...Sign In Please :).

talking about setups, heres the one i been using the last 4 races, its originally from Sam, it workds very well on all tracks. i just change the tyre pressure according to track and you have a nice neutral drifting car :biggrin:

Attachments

• ATM DON CAT.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 207
Few quick questions if you don't mind guys... What rotation do you have your wheels set to for the Caterhams and what steering ratio do you use in setup?

Also, whats a decent laptime on this combo?

I'm on 20 lock in game, and 900 rotation on the wheel.

We don't discuss laptimes ahead of events, Stuart - whatever times you are doing, you will find someone to race against, and that is what these cars are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%