rF2 Caterham Academy Class @ Sachsenring - Fri 4th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I may not make it tonite, as I keep having coughing fits. My driving is erratic enough without any help. I'll be there if the coughing calms down a bit, 'cos it's a good car on an interesting circuit.

First Caterham event
It couldnt have gone any worse

Race1
I had a good fight for the 3P. against Julian, until my game freezez. After 15 sec. the game begins to run again. But with a weird picture :frown:
Some places was it alot worse.
Anyone who knows whats wrong :confused:

Race 2
I forgot to put fuel on.
And I have never really used the rFactor pit system, so i used 3 stops to try get enough fuel onboard :roflol:

A very nice Hermy setup landed on my lap within seconds of arriving ;),i did have a couple of offline laps this afternoon when i got the track and noticed then a bit of rust had set in with the old slidey tyres,i was very shaky all through practice and qually really and just a general "nervous" feeling resulting in a daft moment at T1 panicking a bit with Thommo behind close so i felt i went in a bit hot and smacked it down to 1st gear,instant bad move!!,got a bit of a tankslapper going that scooped up and involved Stu a bit,soz again gaffa :/,plodded on and eventually caught up to Stu who provided the bulk of my racing laps,also a white car i cant remember who :p,good stuff to the finish and by then i was getting settled in with the old Cat Academy again,a very particular "knack" required to drag speed out of them for sure.

Race 2 from stone motherless last ;p,and its starting to dawn on me why!?....i actually didnt realise we were in qual and i left the pits for a quick "warmup test",i quit just at the pitlane exit and adjusted a little brake bias and pressure then out again,then the cheq flag came out,then at the end i saw qual and ofcourse my non-lap all blank,then get all old bloke confuzzled :D.....away nice and no bother at all through all the first lap,and indeed all action thereafter,top stuff fellas!,grafted my way up to the Hermy Vs. Toni fight still fizzling and sizzling along from race one,it needed them to battle to let me get in on the action really,but once i got there and properly involved in it,everything felt good and i got to copy these two hotshots as well ;)),the usual Caterham madness begun with the 3 of us! >;D,but Hermy had the pace for winning there tonight,and proceeded to do so,that lucky git Tone robbed me of 2nd place!!! pffffff!.....
Nice turnout of the usual suspects and a couple of new faces...well new to our Cat nights,but i know them from being scarey fast WTM faces ;),all enjoying Caterham delights tonight,thanks all there,at some point i raced side by side with each and every one of you.

Cheers Stu & RD

omg what a intense race event tonight
did not changed much on my setup besides some pressure for the tyers and a bit stiffer front arb gave me verry good feeling but i forgot to adjust the rear
arb so the cat was quite taile happy :)

*Qualy1*
messed up but still could get 2nd behind Toni who burned a awsome .45.9 in the taramac, awsome mate

*Race1*
Got a good start but Tonis was better and he could hold teh lead but only for a few corners then i was past him and could rise a little gab to him but then
i started to do some little errors and Toni could close up again we had then a nice battle and swaped places countless times but with 6 mins to go my rear
tyers gave up on me and had to let him go still we both had a opened up a hughe gab to the 3rd so i could drive the 2nd home in peace
Gratz Toni

*Qualy2*
nailed my personal best with a .46.0 wich gave me pole but i expected a hard race again as Toni had 2nd

*Race2*
got a real kungfu start and could get save into turne 1 but had some oversteer in the begin so Toni got me fast and we where again batteling with countless
position swaps wich slowed us down a bit so Gary could close in realy fast , a few laps later i made an overtake try into turne 1 and forced Toni to run wide
and i think he even spun it from then i had a awsome battle with my teammate Gary i think it was the 2nd last lap as i nearly lost it into the omega Gary tryed
to that to his advantage but i got grip again so he gave me a nudge on the right front wheel wich straiten me up again, (sorry mate did not notice you
spun it there) i then tryed to keep it together till the line still thinking Gary is on my tail but at the line i noticed it was Toni on 2nd and Gary runned as 3rd
over the line

realy awsome racing there guys loved it thanks to Stuard for comeing up with this track and RD for hosting

First Caterham event

Race1
I had a good fight for the 3P. against Julian, until my game freezez. After 15 sec. the game begins to run again. But with a weird picture :frown:

Race 2
I forgot to put fuel on.
And I have never really used the rFactor pit system, so i used 3 stops to try get enough fuel onboard :roflol:

Jesper by any change you have a Nvidia card ?? there is a driver bug try a earlyer one so around 170.xx not sure if it will solve it for you
but could be worth a try

1st race: Had a small battle with Jesper otherwise spent most of it by myself, but a podium so I'm happy.

2nd race: Started with 2 laps of fuel in (yes, I'm an idiot). After the pitstop I started making my way up the field but Wayne span in front of me twice, which wasn't too convenient! Still made it to fifth with a cheeky overtake in the last corner of the last lap :redface:

Another fun night, looking forward to the next :cool:

For the life of me I can't think why I thought you lot are a clean bunch of racers! :confused: Almost every race I start at the back somewhere and almost every race I pick up several places immediately after T1 :D I then spend the next few laps watching my mirrors for them to play catchup (usually it's Hans! :tongue:) I then try to be as uncooperative as possible. This more often than not results in desperate lunges that sometimes end in tears, but puts a huge smile on my face. :D I love it!
*Heard on TS "I'll be old in 18 months time.....I'll be 30!" :eek: He shall be nameless, I mean, being 30 is stressful enough without being ridiculed by your mates. :cool:
Another great evening.

lol what a night......

firstly, no screen freezes :D woohoo so that was a bonus (killed lobby chat and a couple of other useless bits in the multiplayer ini, and the daughter heeded my threats and drifted onto the PS2 for the evening lol....all in all it worked).

Race 1 was just fabulous....qualy - well i thought i'd buggered that before i started....did the warmup lap, dropped it into the weeds off the long left and michael passed me, so when i came off the final turn behind him, fancying the tutelage of a tracking lap and i spun.....doh!!, crap speed over the startline but managed a 48.2.
The race? oh what a battle.....me and Can spent most of the race in each other's boots haha....superb.....i got away at one point then managed to lose it over the dodgy crest to the back straight and spent the next 10 seconds yomping over the grass trying to keep it pointing forwards while i watched the blue car go past on the black bit.....bugger....9th but hey ho, its a finish so i was smiling (and spamming the chat lol)

Race 2.....qual went excellent, no traffic, no fuss, no drama.....no speed either harumph (48.8 fgs lol) so P6 on the grid.....got a decent launch (but not as good as Hans's, which was like a whippet with a smacked bot haha) and managed to snick down the gears into T1, 3rd, to 2nd, to Gary haha.....hit 1st and spun it....P12, like qual never happened....
Don't even ask how it happened (i have no idea, i was busy)....but by the late stages in the race i was contemplating 4th....4th!! well i managed to consign that to fantasy.....i'd spent several laps trying to reel Hans in for the spot, and finally got by when he had an unfortunate grassy moment off the fast left kink, but then Jeff (recovering from our T1 interface situation...) got me through the fast lefts and then Julien did a beaut on me into the final turn....got the car positioned beautifully through the bottom bend so he had the line for the last turn and did me for 5th spot.....

6th never ever felt this good :)

brilliant fun, cyas next week :)

Man o Man what great fun are these Cats,

Race 1;not a good Q p 10 ,after a normal start spun the car in the first corner an start from last place ,Wayne lost the car al so , having some nice fights together ,one moment in the downhill left hander was a bit to close an give him a tap sorry Wayne,in lap 3 he hit the wall so I go by on the chase to Ron passed Ron in lap 5 but smacked my self in the wall p11, this give Ron some room after 4 laps back on his bumper but in the last lap lost the car on the uphill corner to the strait so p 11 to the finis. Good race Ron!

Race 2 completely different,Q on p8 an making a rocket start by turn 1 on p 6 Can an Stu off an Paul making a slip off, brings me on p5 but Gary had the speed an was blasting by Jesper going to the pit so p5 again all that in lap 1, then Stu chasing me down an past me on the line Julien in the pits so staying on p5 behind Stuart for 3 or 4 laps slowly driving a way from me,in lap 9 Stu going of on the downhill back to p4,Paul Jeff Stu an Julien "The Pack"sniffing there pray an hunting me down with 3 laps to go holding them off with all I have but to no avail,with one lap to go I go wide after the downhill band Paul an Jeff passing me an on the strait Stuart an Julien slipstreaming by p8 to the finish,Do!

Micheal got the win with Toni second an Gary third after some good battles Grats guys, (look at the replay!)

This race was just one lap to long,but boy o boy what Great it was,thanks guys I don't think I will forget this race for a long time:woot:

Thanks Stuart for a great race evening again,see you all next time.

First Caterham event

Race1

Race 2
I forgot to put fuel on.

Could be heat-related in your pc Jesper, i've had a similar problem in the past. If the driver fix suggested doesn't work (which may be hard to tell, i've only had the problem once in about 6 weeks of racing) you could try a tool called EVGA Precision (google for it, it's freeware) which, when installed monitors your GPU temperature and, if required, you can 'de-tune' the GPU so it runs a little cooler.

I dont think its because its getting to hot.
Its idle at 50C (126F) And when ingame in game like rFactor and Modern Warfare 2 its at 60C-65C(140F-149F)
I have tried installed an old driver now - V.175.31 couldn't find any older. - Then I'll see if that helps :)

ok.....i would tend to start getting slightly concerned at the 65C end of that scale tbh, but i'm tight and hate paying for new gear so y'know ;) lol.

Good luck with it, hopefully the driver change may help (but i must admit i'd have the case side off and a desk fan blowing in to see if the temperature changes at all lol.....like i say, i'm tight haha).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back