Premium
flyercats.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT CATS
Mod: Caterham v1.75
Class: Academy class
Track: Croft
Day/Night: Day
Event start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins (before first race only)
Qualification: 3 laps superpole (before Race 1 only - I will be testing the top 8 grid reversals process for Race 2)
Warmup: 5 min (extended to allow for Grid reversals before Race 2)
Race: 2 x 25 min races
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The password for the mod will be passed via PM after a sign up post has been made if you have not driven the mod before.
Note3: RD Caterham Skinpack v1.4 - Download here
Note4: If you want to use one of the add-on skins above, for simplicity's sake, please buy and use the "Roadsport -> Academy Racer" vehicle (purple "00"), and then drop the skins in the 'rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Caterham\Academy\skins' folder. You will then be able to choose the skins via the skin chooser. Go here to see a "how-to": http://forum.racedepartment.com/rfactor/28755-how-use-skins-function-rfactor.html

Entry List
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Chris Heller
  3. Ron Attwood
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Jeffrey Watkins
  6. Lee Palmer
  7. Edgar Herrero
  8. Nigel Atkins
  9. Julien Luca
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Chris Butcher
  19. Ivo Simons
  20. Ross McGregor
  21. Gary Lennon

Ron, hi mate. I made this track

What you need to do is set your texture detail to 'Full' to stop this.

If your interested, its because i havn`t saved mipmaps into the textures, so rF renders it all funny, unless you have details set to full on JUST the texture detail setting.

Apparently, its about a 5-10FPS hit at my track.

Sorry for the inconvenience ;)

I'll have a go. :)
I also have an, in my opinion, improved cam file which I modified to give a larger FOV, with a better angle. You can clearly see who is alongside, and both front wheels are visible allowing you to be more precise and faster. Also, since these cars are a little slower than most, the wider FOV gives a better sense of speed, and I've found I can pick braking points far better than with the older version. I will email to anyone interested.

Sign me up please. Had a horrible time last time i tried these hoping for better this time. Love this track that Kris has made its fantastic :).

Toby I would like to try your cam file if possible :)

Thanks for the reply Kris. I have now got everything on FULL and AF 8. Trees and track have sorted themselves out but the grass is still puce green! Is that WIP? Makes me feel quite queasy. :sorry:

Thanks for the reply Kris. I have now got everything on FULL and AF 8. Trees and track have sorted themselves out but the grass is still puce green! Is that WIP? Makes me feel quite queasy. :sorry:

Glad its OK now. Honestly though, i hadn`t planned on changing the grass colour at all, as your the first one to mention it looking abit crap.
The first revision was abit too light and 'washed out' looking, so i went for a darker grass.

If it doesn`t look like the attached pic, then something is still wrong somewhere. If it does, do you really not like the colour?
If not, does anybody else feel the same way? Does the grass need changing?
Sorry for hijacking..... any feedback please PM to save this thread being clogged with Croft feedback, cheers :cool:

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 249

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%