• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Cars Caterham Academy 2017 0.93

Official 2017 car with season skins

1. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +905
    it could be the collision box also, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dan72

Dan72

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ben - this looks amazing great work. Are there any plans to do the Academy 2018 skins?? :)

3. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dan72

Dan72

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ben - am i mistaken or is there only 2017 on that link? If you dont mind me asking im new to AC and haven't downloaded it yet - its there any step by step guide for everything i need to download and install to get these cars on my PC?

Thanks in advance!

5. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    No worries :)
    There are several skins, some of them are officials, some aren't, and are of my creation! Hard to find pictures of them all

In general matter, there is a guide here for installation of mods : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mod-installing-tutorial-video.135781/

The car mods go here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
    (that's the default installation of steam and assetto)

And the skins go here : (they work for both rhd and lhd)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_caterham_academy_lhd\skins
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_caterham_academy_rhd\skins

Don't hesitate if you need more help :)

6. Russell Sobie

Russell Sobie

Ratings:
    +105
    This car is back in rotation over at simracingsystem.com as a daily race! I love it.
    One complaint however is that at race start, my framerate drops to about half of what it normally is. Just this car, and only when there are a lot of cars nearby. Is there something special about this car that would tank framerate only when in close proximity to others? It IS a mix of both LHD and RHD racing, I suppose... I'm guessing they don't share any assets given the file structure.

7. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    hey thanks for your message
    LHD / RHD are complete different cars in the way Assetto handle things, even though 90% of the textures are the same. Same as the Countach with/without spoiler are two different car folders.

The issue already noticed before with the academy is the number of objects, a little higher than what it should be!
    And said issue i can't fix much anymore since i lost the 3D files last year :(

8. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,207
    Extract the car and save the persistence files with 3dsimed,
    will generate a new .fbx and the sdk files and also textures,
    the mesh will be triangulated, which is fine if your not editing it again,
    but replacing mesh and settings and adding new features and such will work great,
    animations movement will be lost inside 3ds max, but again its fine if the cars work makes no difference. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    ripping my own car :D
    i started doing this for the 420, really wanting to finish it
    but then... realised it's way more work than i thought, like go over linking everything with the suspension, no way.
    I mean, way, but not anytime soon at least!
    This method to do the LOD C & D will work though

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Nipperdog

Nipperdog

Ratings:
    +0
    How do i and where do i install this mod on my pc and how to enter the events on SRS ?
    thanks in advance , im a noobie

11. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
  12. Russell Sobie

Russell Sobie

Ratings:
    +105
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/instructions.php

If you like watching video tutorials, this one is a bit dated insofar as what races are being run (it's a year+ old).

Bonus points is that you can use Content Manager's Live tab to also work with SRS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.