Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Ben O'Bro submitted a new resource:

Caterham 7 Super Sprint 1995 - 1700cc Ford Crossflow Engine. 530kg & 133bhp

View attachment 200262

Welcome to this new Caterham Mod​

Inspired by a good old 1995 Super Sprint i owned for several years, i wanted to share the joy it brought me on the roads.

View attachment 200265

Declined here in 3 versions. They all handle the same.
♦ LHD
♦ RHD
♦ Clamshell (long wings more classic looking)
More versions are already in development and will come later (a new Academy 2017, and then more powerful ones, 420R etc.)...

Read more about this resource...

thanks for this great mod :)
however I can't enter a race, the practice or the qualify works well, but if i want to skip to race AC stop and return to the launcher
ok i just tried a "race weekend"
it does crash indeed when skip to race :o
i guess it's the data.acd fault, it's not compiled. This will be added next update.
I will give a better try tomorrow
sorry for the inconvenience :/

Amazing work on the model - there is several errors in log.txt that you may want to check out.

about the race crash:
I use Content manager and I got a error that the tire index was wrong (or something like that)
Since content manager can fix things and asked me if wanted the problem fixed, I hit OK and now I can race with it. (the time stamp only changed on tyres.ini) . I attached it for you if you want check differences from the original.

Again thanks for this amazing work.

Attachments

• tyres.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 514
This was always going to be a tough one after driving the superb Caterhams in AMS, but you have nailed it.

The reflections in the back of the headlights are just one of the many superb touches.

Congrats Ben.

This was always going to be a tough one after driving the superb Caterhams in AMS, but you have nailed it.

The reflections in the back of the headlights are just one of the many superb touches.

Congrats Ben.
Yeah I was mesmerised watching a reply with those reflections. Amazing stuff. This car is one of the most fun cars I have driven in sim racing. Love it.

Last edited:
Amazing work on the model - there is several errors in log.txt that you may want to check out.

about the race crash:
I use Content manager and I got a error that the tire index was wrong (or something like that)
Since content manager can fix things and asked me if wanted the problem fixed, I hit OK and now I can race with it. (the time stamp only changed on tyres.ini) . I attached it for you if you want check differences from the original.

Again thanks for this amazing work.
thank you i didn't have anything on content manager! I didn't have any crash the whole time testing it...
it looks like only the line COMPOUND_DEFAULT changed to INDEX=0
i'll check again, hopefully that solves things

It has tire model 3 ?? How did I miss that. PLS explain that for us :/

I found a best review ever there:

"Hi I also wanted to compliment you for this good job, excellent machine in some ways, maybe the only flaw (and I hope so much in an update that will liberalize the change to give you the best of this car) thank you for this end Mod, and I hope you will listen to my request because I think I'm not the only one who wants this change."

Did he just forgot to mention what is that flaw ? :D

Anyway... Thank you for this car, I really liked it yesterday. Kinda strange if it is TM3. All three models are totally 10/10. I thought that sound was good, just transmission whine is weird when changing gear.

I really like the mod, hence my 5 star rating of the current version - amazing for such an early version.

Here is just a few bits that would be nice to add / fix:

- more modern tire model (and different tire choices of period correct and modern tires in combination with competition models)
- a second mirror (I have only driven the LHD version so far and it badly needs a passenger side mirror for tight racing)
- fix the texture issue surrounding the dashboard
- tighten up the tiny see through hole in the bonnet (from the drivers perspective you can see the road through the louvers (but you shouldn't, as engine compartment, suspension components and front wheel should hide it)
- I had some performance issues when running a full field of these compared to Kunos cars - maybe the mod is not optimized yet with LODs or issues very high res textures (I usually cannot run 4K mod textures without a severe performance hit)

The engine sound is very nice, even on par with Kunos model sounds but a little bit more "raw-ness" could very much help further immersion:

- a bit rougher engine sound (and certainly a little noisier
- brake noises
- definitely too low wind noise in this open car at high speeds - maybe even combined with "flapping sounds" from the soft top cover if possible
- transmission noises
- road noises (stones hitting tin, … especially after off track moments)
- exhaust crackling (the car as is does spectacular flames when backfiring, that backfiring usually comes along with noise currently missing a little)

The car sounds solid as it is as I mentioned in line with Kunos cars but these little details could really make it stand out ;-)

I am really looking forward to future builds of this mod - it has just so much wonderful potential - oh and I am with everyone else who simply loves the dirty windscreen ;-)

Are we seeing also a closed top version at some point ?
It would be wonderful to have a closed top version selectable the same like in the Honda S800 mod (selectable at the track through the "Aero" setup module).

PS: if you are loading the car with Content Manager and click "analyst" a few errors are coming up that would be nice to be fixed in future builds.

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham 7 Super Sprint 1995 with a new update entry:

hotix for race (temporary tyre fix) + data.acd

Sorry for the update already, i had to solve the bug reported by a few people. Starting a race was causing the game to stop.
Tyre.ini was faulty. I quickly changed the street tyres from the miata, turned into 13" so it's now v10 but temporary. I'm doing pretty much the same lap time with them. Let me know if i messed things up more XD
I also compiled the data.acd file.
Hoping it's good now!

Read the rest of this update entry...

ok guys, i trimmed a bit the miata tyres, so it's V10 & 13", and numbers i came up with :roflmao:
the race now seems to start
let me know if that solves things for you as well. I've done too many back & forth in my assetto folder for one evening :rolleyes:
data.acd is also done

As for all the comments above, i'm taking good note!
And thanks for all the feedback !!

Last edited:
Very impressive mod, even more so considering it's your first one! So much fun to drive, and the model is fantastic. Only real issue I have is with the sound but it's not a deal breaker by any stretch.

Is the 620R also in the works?

Great mod, love the clam shell version ... in a future update can you paint the underside of the car so a reflection image works, currently an unpainted under tray
preview.jpg

Hi, forgive my bad English, I wanted to ask you if there will be an update that will give you the chance to change the car's gear ratios, because now as it feels it needs, even in a race, the rest is a model Excellent, even if a telecamera with different angles of the car inside would not hurt,
Thanks for the work done, hopefully in an update.
Ps Question ... has anyone already made extra skin?

Is the 620R also in the works?
At the moment no, but i guess once the 420r is done, it won't be much of a stretch to make a 620... aaaand we kinda already collected data for it so...

Great mod, love the clam shell version ... in a future update can you paint the underside of the car so a reflection image works, currently an unpainted under tray View attachment 200585
Aah yeah something i never saw :p it's actually textured but very basically, it has ao and no reflection. Reality was just dirty light opaque metal. I could make it darker but truly that's about it!

Hi, forgive my bad English, I wanted to ask you if there will be an update that will give you the chance to change the car's gear ratios, because now as it feels it needs, even in a race, the rest is a model Excellent, even if a telecamera with different angles of the car inside would not hurt,
Thanks for the work done, hopefully in an update.
Ps Question ... has anyone already made extra skin?
I left the PSDs to make xtra skins :)) i hope easy enough to let anyone play with it
Cameras was planned if it's not limited by the game, because i already set up the ones in different angles
As for the gear ratio, you are the second person to ask. And in reality... it's a street car and doesn't have custom gear box. The old ford type 9 gearbox is stock! The same that i won't add slick tyres for this one.
You will have to wait for the Academy :)

I'm so in love with this mod !
Races work fine, I needed to adapt to the new tires and I still don't succeed in keeping the fronts at working temps, but I'm OK with that.
One tiny question though:
Since the fuel gauge works, the oil gauge needle also moves, it would be nice to see the (not working) water temp gauge show some working temp, in stead of the cold temp ?
I know it is really minor or even trivial, but I see it all the time... :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years