Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995

Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
There are like 30 different engines afaik from what I've seen on Wikipedia lol
This one is the 1700cc that produces 140ish hp. And sounds like a Ford cosworth kind of but Ben could explain it better.
It's always welcomed that sound modders approach to mods like this when they find enough motivation.

Send me a link to sound mod I will try it out. Haven't played with making sounds myself, getting wind out of even good samples is probably key.

There are many engines, the sound sample YouTube video says it's a Duratec 2.0, but it depends what exhaust is on it, intake and so on.

Same engine with different tune:
Now you're probably deaf and suffocated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IPePVyq7Y8

These older engines from before even the K series engine are hard to find good samples.

The Duratec 2.0 is in most newer Caterhams. And a Sigma in lower power ones.

So i was playing a bit with this car and decided to make a sound although i was only able to found this as usable (even though its a 2.0...how many engines does this car have ?)

next im going to make the engine sound as im using a different one in this video (wich is ok too but in the real one seems to be carburator and the sound should be like some sort of ITB engine...it should sound fun in the end)

(warning keyboard driver)
1700cc Ford Crossflow Engine is the one on this car, it says on the description below the thread title :D

it sounds great!

Last edited:
Ben O'Bro updated Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 with a new update entry:

physics & stuff

• physics update
    setup.ini fixed
    car a little lighter, aero updated, COG all that
    all 3 cars are the same except :
    • LHD/RHD : open diff
    • Clamshell : LSD
  • tweaked & fixed material for LOD B & C
  • fixed license plate transparency for clamshell on LOD B C D
  • extension included for Light Patch (odometer & lights for clamshell) - odometer in km for the LHD, Miles for the others
  • F6 cameras fixed
  • an extra skin each, yay
  • some other things i forgot ;)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Many thanks. Thoroughly enjoyed ragging this new 1.35 version around Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Great fun. I did notice two issues:
  1. When I tried the Continental tyres rather than the default Avons I only had to breathe on the brake pedal and the fronts would lock up. (I only tried this on the RHD version - no idea of it is like this on the other variants). Is this by design? A bug? I've messed up the install?
  2. I took the clamshell out for a race as well, and noticed that approx half of my AI opponents (also all in clamshells) seemed to have their hazard warning lights running all race - but not when I reviewed the replay afterwards. Odd.
Neither is a huge issue at all - but just wanted to report in case they are also impacting others. Thanks again for the great work.

Many thanks. Thoroughly enjoyed ragging this new 1.35 version around Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Great fun. I did notice two issues:
  1. When I tried the Continental tyres rather than the default Avons I only had to breathe on the brake pedal and the fronts would lock up. (I only tried this on the RHD version - no idea of it is like this on the other variants). Is this by design? A bug? I've messed up the install?
  2. I took the clamshell out for a race as well, and noticed that approx half of my AI opponents (also all in clamshells) seemed to have their hazard warning lights running all race - but not when I reviewed the replay afterwards. Odd.
Neither is a huge issue at all - but just wanted to report in case they are also impacting others. Thanks again for the great work.
thanks for the message! will look into that when i have time :)
hazard is related to shader patch
Continental, well it's true i don't remember last time i tried them!

Street vintage are obviously worse than street tyres same as all stock tyres in AC. SV vs ST. The tyre name is only so that it says something sensible more than "Street", you can see from the standardized shortcuts SV, ST what tyre "type" it is.

Hi There! I have been really enjoying this mod, as My father built a car similar to this himself, and I was wondering whether you could possibly update a new model of the RHD version to have a spare wheel on the back? Would make the mod even more enjoyable, but I understand if you can't/don't want to.
Thanks!

Hi! sorry for troubleshooting on an older mod, but i love this thing, any idea why the instruments are just green texture? (did a reinstall) No numbers just a green background and the needle on all of them. It only happens in VR. not on my screen

Hi! sorry for troubleshooting on an older mod, but i love this thing, any idea why the instruments are just green texture? (did a reinstall) No numbers just a green background and the needle on all of them. It only happens in VR. not on my screen
i don't have VR to try that!
i'd say... shader patch version maybe ?

screenshot if you can

Just had the Cater fired up after a while and noticed the headlighs have a dark tint inside them, also when headlights are on the bulb is very dimed.

Attachments

• acs 2020-05-15 22-21-01-75.jpg
    acs 2020-05-15 22-21-01-75.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 66
So, had it checked with different time of day and the sun will just cast a shadow inside the headlight. Looks strange though. Looked at the Academy ver and that seems to have a different headlight but that's ok

So, had it checked with different time of day and the sun will just cast a shadow inside the headlight. Looks strange though. Looked at the Academy ver and that seems to have a different headlight but that's ok
alright
probably some CSP features i didn't know about
the extension files aren't part of the download, but are included in CM
could probably look towards that to fix something

thanks for the notice :)

yep, i just tried now

that's the LHD :
1590164142688.png

and the RHD :
1590164315253.png

so that's some CSP config online changed by someone else :)

[..]
ok found some quick fix
1590164549112.png

i'll try and edit the online file...

So i was playing a bit with this car and decided to make a sound although i was only able to found this as usable (even though its a 2.0...how many engines does this car have ?)

next im going to make the engine sound as im using a different one in this video (wich is ok too but in the real one seems to be carburator and the sound should be like some sort of ITB engine...it should sound fun in the end)

(warning keyboard driver)
Hey Modek, I was wondering if you had any progress on that sound file, perhaps a download? thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back